(Poll) Who should Conor fight next?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who should Mystic Mac fight next?

• Frankie Edgar

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Jose Aldo rematch

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • RDA/Cerrone winner

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
M

member 3289

Actually i think the best fight would be a rematch with Holloway.
He whooped Holloway in their first fight.

Holloway has been on a tear since then, but he needs a top 5 win before he gets another shot at Conor.

I think Holloway-Aldo makes the most sense right now.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
...I went for Frankie in the vote but now I'm thinking about it if he fights and beats FE then he's cleaned out the division....
I disagree with that. You can't clean out a division with 2 wins. Looking ahead, I see-

Frankie Edgar
Ricardo Lamas
Cub Swanson
Clay Guida
Charles Oliveira
Myles Jury
Yair Rodriguez
Doo Ho Choi

Rematches-
Jose Aldo
Max Holloway
Chad Mendes

- all potential match ups for him at 145. If he moves up its not because he's cleaned out the division- it's because he can no longer make the weight.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I dont understand why people say this match vs that match do to business. If dana whte was fighting a kangaroo people would watch. They are gonna watch no matter the fight.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I think his focus is on 155. He's mentioned wanting to be champ in two weight divisions. Also, it will show how he's like at 155. It'll give Aldo some time to get his shit together. So Cowboy/RDA it is.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
I think his focus is on 155. He's mentioned wanting to be champ in two weight divisions. Also, it will show how he's like at 155. It'll give Aldo some time to get his shit together. So Cowboy/RDA it is.
I just read his coach say..155 title in spring..then frankie at ufc 200.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Thing is Dana has said that wasnt gonna fly that if Conor moves up they have a fight planned for the 145 lb title. I think this was the plan all along, fight win move up put the division back like it was before Conor.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Thing is Dana has said that wasnt gonna fly that if Conor moves up they have a fight planned for the 145 lb title. I think this was the plan all along, fight win move up put the division back like it was before Conor.
Interesting. Conor said at the post-fight press conference that he will NOT give up the title. I think the honeymoon is indeed over.

I like that a fighter is ready to fight anyone, often, with all the ambition and charisma that one needs to do so. I also like that a fighter in that position is wanting to do just that no matter what Dana says. Let McGregor be McGregor, and things in those divisions will be fine. It makes those two divisions the most appealing of them all. That of course, until Bones returns to his own (or HW) division. The saga continues...

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Interesting. Conor said at the post-fight press conference that he will NOT give up the title. I think the honeymoon is indeed over.

I like that a fighter is ready to fight anyone, often, with all the ambition and charisma that one needs to do so. I also like that a fighter in that position is wanting to do just that no matter what Dana says. Let McGregor be McGregor, and things in those divisions will be fine. It makes those two divisions the most appealing of them all. That of course, until Bones returns to his own (or HW) division. The saga continues...
Remember the meeting with Jones and afterwards he didnt have the title. Zuffa actually owns the belts, the fighters wear them. If they want the belt they get the belt, trust me if they had a blow up with Conor and he left the UFC, The UFC would continue to move along and it wouldnt be hurt. People are always gonna watch no matter what.

Let me add: I am one of the few who dislike the UFC managment, but the product would continue as the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Remember the meeting with Jones and afterwards he didnt have the title. Zuffa actually owns the belts, the fighters wear them. If they want the belt they get the belt, trust me if they had a blow up with Conor and he left the UFC, The UFC would continue to move along and it wouldnt be hurt. People are always gonna watch no matter what.

Let me add: I am one of the few who dislike the UFC managment, but the product would continue as the wheels on the bus go round and round.
I am sure they own everything. But with Conor going somehwere else, they're going to be hurting big time. They just let one of the biggest draws in MMA go. All the others lost their belts, or retired. Right now Conor is it. It's what they wanted, and boy are they gonna get it.

The product is Conor, and the other fighters, NOT the UFC. The UFC will continue alright, just not with all that money coming in.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If he doesn't immediately fight Aldo they will NEVER fight again when it's relevant. Do you guys want to throw that away???

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I am sure they own everything. But with Conor going somehwere else, they're going to be hurting big time. They just let one of the biggest draws in MMA go. All the others lost their belts, or retired. Right now Conor is it. It's what they wanted, and boy are they gonna get it.

The product is Conor, and the other fighters, NOT the UFC. The UFC will continue alright, just not with all that money coming in.
Its a cycle and will always be a cycle one leaves 2 arrive. 2 Leave 4 arrives. Conor was to leave they would fast track Sage. Even tho the product is popular, Zuffa is controlling the puppet strings has and will always. Noone is bigger than the puppet string they are attached too.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Its a cycle and will always be a cycle one leaves 2 arrive. 2 Leave 4 arrives. Conor was to leave they would fast track Sage. Even tho the product is popular, Zuffa is controlling the puppet strings has and will always. Noone is bigger than the puppet string they are attached too.
This I agree with. But it is Conor who has arrived. And he is playing a different game.

We're going to see fighters that become bigger than the UFC, we've seen this with Ronda already. That said, the UFC is the monopoly, they do have the strings in hands.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This I agree with. But it is Conor who has arrived. And he is playing a different game.

We're going to see fighters that become bigger than the UFC, we've seen this with Ronda already. That said, the UFC is the monopoly, they do have the strings in hands.
Wanna bet? Conor isnt bigger than zuffa, they control what goes on. Dont let Conors gimmick fool you. He knows where the bread is buttered.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It doesn't matter, he is going to lose and if he gets lucky again, he will lose the next fight and if he gets lucky and wins that one, he will lose the next one........and on and on I go until he loses and I can finally say I told you so......

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Aldo deserves a rematch...but Conor should fight Frankie (whose shot's been long time coming) and have a go after (its a rematch for the title either way).

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I disagree with that. You can't clean out a division with 2 wins. Looking ahead, I see-

Frankie Edgar
Ricardo Lamas
Cub Swanson
Clay Guida
Charles Oliveira
Myles Jury
Yair Rodriguez
Doo Ho Choi

Rematches-
Jose Aldo
Max Holloway
Chad Mendes

- all potential match ups for him at 145. If he moves up its not because he's cleaned out the division- it's because he can no longer make the weight.
You're right.

There are a lot more fights than just Edgar in the division.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Would be shocked if they match him with Frankie next. Going up to 155, straight into a title fight, is the craziest & most controversial match-up, & therefore a much bigger money fight.