Poll: Will Anthony Pettis Regain the UFC Lightweight Title?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Will Anthony Pettis Regain the UFC Lightweight Title?

• Total voters

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
After watching Pettis lose in the way that he did and with Khabib on the verge of a title shot with a win against Cerrone, do you see Pettis regaining the UFC Lightweight title?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Seems unlikely to me. I think Bendo has a better chance of getting the title back. Unless he has to go through Pettis that is. Gil is a tough matchup for those guys too, imo.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm going to have to say no. Anthony showed some serious deficiencies in his grappling. It's going to be very difficult for him to beat big, strong grapplers like Khabib and RDA.

Dos Anjos also showed the entire world how to beat Anthony Pettis for 25 minutes. The blueprint is available to the public.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I dont think Pettis will regain the title, but I dont see RDA keeping it long neither. I would be shocked if he defended it one time.

darth ryase

Jan 20, 2015
If RDA can avoid going to the ground, he's gonna hold that belt for a long, long time. He just starched Benson Henderson, humiliated Nate Diaz, and destroyed Anthony Pettis. Nobody is going to beat that guy in just the stand up game.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yes but he has a gauntlet to try to run. I dont think he makes it past Khabib. He is to strong and technical at grappling. He will take him down over and over.

darth ryase

Jan 20, 2015
Yeah that's why I said if. If his takedown defense has improved and he can keep it standing against Khabib then I can't see anyone stopping him.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
Well first off i'm not Pettis fan. But i had to choose undecided. Pettis showed a lot heart against RDA, never gave up. I think he will get even better and more determined to get his title back. I'm not a psychic so who knows what the future holds for Mr. Pettis.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
RDA is a beast, I'll give him that. Whoever beats him will have earned it.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
I thought Pettis looked real nervy before the fight and flat during. He showed heart to gut it out but that wasn't the Pettis we've seen before.

I know it's been said elsewhere about Duke not giving good advice through the fight but he was telling AP to stay off the cage and get moving, which he totally failed to do. I just think we saw sub-par Pettis for the first time, really. Perhaps he underestimated RDA.. I think if it were Benson in front of him, it would have been a different Pettis.

I think he'll come back stronger, and he's already destroyed many of the top contenders (Gil, Cowboy specifically) so yay, rematches.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Khabib is coming...he will reign like Fedor did but at LW...Pettis will be in some good stand up wars but never champ again...