Pope 'plans to chew coca leaves during Bolivia visit'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Coca plants have been grown for medicinal use but are also the raw ingredient for cocaine
Pope Francis has requested to chew coca leaves during his forthcoming visit to Bolivia, according to Bolivian Culture Minister Marko Machicao.

Coca, the raw ingredient for cocaine, has been used in the Andes for thousands of years to combat altitude sickness and as a mild stimulant.

Mr Machicao said the government offered the Pope coca tea and the pontiff had "specifically requested" to chew coca.

The Vatican has not yet commented. The Pope travels to Bolivia on 8 July.

'Sacred plant'
Coca leaves were declared an illegal substance under the 1961 UN convention on narcotic drugs.

But the growing of coca leaves for religious and medicinal purposes is legal and licensed in Bolivia.

Chewing of coca leaves is a centuries-old tradition in the Andes, where it is used to combat altitude sickness
Many indigenous Bolivians consider the coca bush a sacred plant and chewing its leaves or brewing them into a tea is very popular.

Bolivia's 2009 constitution even declared the coca leaf "a cultural patrimony".

President Evo Morales, who used to be a coca grower, has long campaigned to decriminalise the consumption of coca leaves.

If the Pope were to chew coca leaves during his visit to the Andean country it would provide strong backing for Mr Morales's campaign.

"We will be awaiting the Holy Father with the sacred coca leaf," Mr Machicao said.

The Pope's visit to Bolivia is part of a larger tour of Latin American countries which will also take him to Ecuador and Paraguay.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Brick in yo face. Anyone ever chew on cocoa leaves? Ive chewed up poppy pids before but never these. I would love to travel to Bolivia.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
What was the poppy like? i would chew both fosho..

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Chewing them sucks, kinda like a shroom texture. Need to injest several to feel anything. Best to grind them into a powder. They grow all over. I was very surprised to learn how much grows locally. I would have never known had my friend not pointed it out. Alot of the Indians where I live eat these all the time.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Chewing them sucks, kinda like a shroom texture. Need to injest several to feel anything. Best to grind them into a powder. They grow all over. I was very surprised to learn how much grows locally. I would have never known had my friend not pointed it out. Alot of the Indians where I live eat these all the time.
Do you feel stoned if you eat enough?

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
If he gets high and gives some psychedelic speech that would be pretty hilarious.
Ive heard its not really a high. More like an espresso, or a mild stimulant. Now add gasoline, some feet, microwave and paste. Then you got something completely different.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Do you feel stoned if you eat enough?
Yes. Yes you certainly do. Its a nice buzz similar to other opiates. One must use caution tho, it can become addictive. We usually go to Frisco and buy a bunch or cut them around here and dry them. We cut 6 inches below the pod. The good ones black stuff coming out of them.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yes. Yes you certainly do. Its a nice buzz similar to other opiates. One must use caution tho, it can become addictive. We usually go to Frisco and buy a bunch or cut them around here and dry them. We cut 6 inches below the pod. The good ones black stuff coming out of them.
Damn sounds great my man..

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Coco leaves need to be chewed with baking soda to release the alkaloids

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk