post a pic of your current view

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Beautiful Seattle!

mysticmac @mysticmac ... Where should I have dinner tonight? View attachment 26149
A lot of places are closed right now due to COVID restrictions and a lack of outdoor dining.

There is a sweet dive bar in Fremont called the Pacific Inn Pub. They have the best fish & chips in the city. They also have very limited seating right now due to COVID restrictions, so there may be a waiting period. If so, Fremont Brewing is a couple of blocks away, and a great spot to grab a pint. Feel free to let me know if you decide to go there and would like some company.

Also, I see your Seattle graffiti and raise you. From this morning:
PXL_20210126_153021216.jpg

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
A lot of places are closed right now due to COVID restrictions and a lack of outdoor dining.

There is a sweet dive bar in Fremont called the Pacific Inn Pub. They have the best fish & chips in the city. They also have very limited seating right now due to COVID restrictions, so there may be a waiting period. If so, Fremont Brewing is a couple of blocks away, and a great spot to grab a pint. Feel free to let me know if you decide to go there and would like some company.

Also, I see your Seattle graffiti and raise you. From this morning:
View attachment 26151
Where in the heck fire is that? I'm right by University Dr or something. Fly out to Great Falls tomorrow. Blegh.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Where in the heck fire is that? I'm right by University Dr or something. Fly out to Great Falls tomorrow. Blegh.
The pic is from Gas Works Park. It is one of the better views within the city. It is also within walking distance to/from the Pacific Inn Pub and Fremont Brewing. Uni Drive is downtown, so this would be north of you.

The top three views within the city are:
  • Gas Works Park (Fremont/Wallingford)
  • Kerry Park (Upper Queen Anne)
  • Alki Beach (West Seattle)
I'm not sure if it is open ATM due to COVID, but the Columbia Tower is the highest point in the city. There is a nice view at the top of that building. I'm guessing it is closed now, but near the top is a Starbucks. Normally, I would recommend having a coffee there and enjoying the view while avoiding the fee to visit the very top. Given there is no inside dining right now, I doubt that is possible. The next best thing would be the Space Needle if that is open.

But the three spots I listed are all outdoor parks, so they're open.

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
Take them out for a joyride!
The fuck is that scorecard with the elaborate green diagram? Looks professional. You in Phoenix?
It's in the 30's and misting. I'm good right here

That's my yardage book. I have a stack of those from different courses

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That's plowing the driveway. Do you shovel your wife too? Because I do!
I fully expected a comment about the 8" I got last night.
Didn't realize that I set myself up for the old "I just shoveled your wife" comment.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's my yardage book. I have a stack of those from different courses
That's cool and all, but I have the scorecard from when I shot 1 under by finishing the round with a 12' eagle putt on 18.
If I had a yardage book that showed the green reads like a Tiger Woods video game I probably would have shot 6 under.

That's pretty much cheating.

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
That's cool and all, but I have the scorecard from when I shot 1 under by finishing the round with a 12' eagle putt on 18.
If I had a yardage book that showed the green reads like a Tiger Woods video game I probably would have shot 6 under.

That's pretty much cheating.
It doesn't give you the reads, just the big slopes for an idea what the ball might do when it lands or if you need to carry one or leave it short of one.

Unfortunately, you still have to hit the shot. The book won't do that for you

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
Alco, this is a greens book. You'd think it would help but it really doesn't all that much.

You still have to hit the ball on line and with the right speed. That's usually a problem for at least 95% of the golfers in the world

4CCD1AF7-C0A6-4247-8A0F-0FB695EBEFF4.jpeg

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Alco, this is a greens book. You'd think it would help but it really doesn't all that much.

You still have to hit the ball on line and with the right speed. That's usually a problem for at least 95% of the golfers in the world

View attachment 27483
Who figures out the contour lines?
I hope it's a computer or an app because that looks like a major pain in the ass.