Post all of your suggestions here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Just FYI, this is still a work in progress but we wanted to launch the site prior to the Fight Night 59 card, so people would have a place to discuss the fights. Over the next week or two, we will be working diligently to get the graphics fully loaded, the logo completed and uploaded, the blog spots finalized for two special long time UGers that offered to write some stuff here, etc. When it's all said and done, we hope this will be a place that everyone has some input on, and will enjoy for years to come.

Let us know what you think. Any ideas or specific things you would like to see added, tweaked, or removed?

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's a good start so far. I like the blog spots on the front page when you visit the website.

Muscles82

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Would definitely be cool to be able to show appreciation, also could help in sorting threads and posters by votes. If you do institute it, though, please think long and hard about how to handle vote downs if you include them at all. Definitely don't have a certain number of vote downs lead to some sort of "freeze" situation like the UG. I also think there may be some merit to having vote downs not be anonymous, meaning someone can see who downvoted them.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe some kind of "time in" system that recognizes people for how long they have been here. Like Sherdog does with the belts?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Muscles82;n330 said:
Would definitely be cool to be able to show appreciation, also could help in sorting threads and posters by votes. If you do institute it, though, please think long and hard about how to handle vote downs if you include them at all. Definitely don't have a certain number of vote downs lead to some sort of "freeze" situation like the UG. I also think there may be some merit to having vote downs not be anonymous, meaning someone can see who downvoted them.
The VD Freeze Out system doesn't accomplish anything over on the UG...matter of fact, it really accomplishes the opposite of what they intended it to do. We'll just Moderate the place the right way...keep the idiots at bay, so the rest of us can enjoy the place.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for the input so far, and please keep it coming. We'll get it figured out eventually.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well as long as it didnt turn into a UG 2.0 fuck fest. Over there the VU VD get out of hand

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

i rather not have a karma system, its get things heated up on the forum, people escalate into sending pm's and those things.
i just want a relaxed forum, no long time bans.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Democracy at it's finest going on up in here. The people speaking!

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm pretty much exclusively an app guy, so I'll see the site differently. But I'm just glad to have a thick/solid/tight place to read and talk about the sport with you homos.

Tapatalk seems great, I just have to get the hang of it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Chief;n362 said:
I'm pretty much exclusively an app guy, so I'll see the site differently. But I'm just glad to have a thick/solid/tight place to read and talk about the sport with you homos.

Tapatalk seems great, I just have to get the hang of it.

Glad to have all of you on board. I hope that we can kick some ass over here.

NakMuay

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just a heads up. I tried browsing today from work...(because the best time to talk about mma obviously) and the site is blocked by my companies content filtering (firewall) software because the site is being categorized as spam. I'm not sure what you can do about this, as the cause may be due to a number of things, but I thought I'd mention it so that at least you are aware that a considerable amount of daytime traffic may be unable to get to your site due to stringent corporate IT policies.

For what its worth, the UG is not blocked at my job. I know for a fact that new sites aren't automatically blocked or anything like that, either. I've hosted my own and visited them from work. My first guess is that it has something to do with the servers you're hosting the application on....although it looks like its AWS.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
NakMuay;n467 said:
Just a heads up. I tried browsing today from work...(because the best time to talk about mma obviously) and the site is blocked by my companies content filtering (firewall) software because the site is being categorized as spam. I'm not sure what you can do about this, as the cause may be due to a number of things, but I thought I'd mention it so that at least you are aware that a considerable amount of daytime traffic may be unable to get to your site due to stringent corporate IT policies.

For what its worth, the UG is not blocked at my job. I know for a fact that new sites aren't automatically blocked or anything like that, either. I've hosted my own and visited them from work. My first guess is that it has something to do with the servers you're hosting the application on....although it looks like its AWS.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll look into this and see if we can get it resolved. Also...welcome!

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've only been on for a bit, but so far it looks nice and clean. The reddit deal is just too cluttered for me. I also think you have a really good forum name. Hope t takes off.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Definitely no to the karma system. No need to pander for votes. The Like button is good enough, imo.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The rogan board had a feature that allowed you to comment on why you voted up/down. I think this approach made casting your vote transparent and promoted/encouraged quality posts.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ShatsBassoon;n583 said:
The rogan board had a feature that allowed you to comment on why you voted up/down. I think this approach made casting your vote transparent and promoted/encouraged quality posts.
Do the people getting voted down care enough about anonymous criticism to stop being douchers though?

M

hi, whenever you got time, is it possible to crop empty spaces in the postings?, saves a lot of scrolling.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good idea broseph. Josh will get to it at some point. He's probably curled up in a corner somewhere right now :)

M

ShatsBassoon;n583 said:
yeah, its like a vd and i think you are an asshole comment with stretch--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
that will fuck up your layout for a few months, rather not.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jons Forsberg;n637 said:
I don't give a fuck. As long as board members aren't being faggots it doesn't matter.

I like the cut of your jib, sir!

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I like the idea of having a vote by committee to ween out the trolls and shitty posters
is there a way to keep votes anonymous but have ranks dor quality posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.