Post all of your suggestions here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thatonedude;n5558 said:
I love that users suggestions are being taken into account and we are all building this community together...its pretty awesome
This is the vision that I've had for a long time. I lived thru the same frustrations over there that most here have, and I thought "there has to be a better way of doing this". One of the ways was this...just open it for ideas and input, and let the community decide what works and what doesn't. Always seemed like a pretty simple concept to me.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mad Dog;n5562 said:
Any consideration for having a framed version of the forum?
Frankly? Probably not soon. It would require custom coding of the site unless you just wanted to see a navigation pane only on the left.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty;n5942 said:
Frankly? Probably not soon. It would require custom coding of the site unless you just wanted to see a navigation pane only on the left.
I enjoyed being able to scan all of the current threads the way that the UG and UFighting.com allowed you to do. It made me feel like I had a good grasp of what was going on when I could view all of the threads and pick what seemed interesting.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
is it possible to add some extra icons to the icon base?

we could probably get some mileage out of a punching icon since its an mma site

edit: and maybe a popcorn eating gif too when the fights on

heh

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lookoutawhale;n7260 said:
is it possible to add some extra icons to the icon base?

we could probably get some mileage out of a punching icon since its an mma site

edit: and maybe a popcorn eating gif too when the fights on

heh

We now have WAY TOO MANY smilies :)

:punch:
:popcorn2:

Click smilies button and then "more smilies"
I'll rearrange them once I see what is the more commonly used once :)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good Lord Josh...

:sucks:

but

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

and that makes me want to do this

:notworthy:

because you're so awesome. But seriously...

:261:

your entire post should be

:Flush:

nah

:joke: bro

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Splinty;n7330 said:
We now have WAY TOO MANY smilies :)

Click smilies button and then "more smilies"
I'll rearrange them once I see what is the more commonly used once :)
hot daym! hahah thats awesome! :popcorn::hail::wizard::afro:

now thats a top man! gets it done in a day what would have taken a year on the UG. bam! Splinty for the win!

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

is it possible to have an in house betting system?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Morpheus1976;n10790 said:

Not ignoring you. I was just researching options. I'm not really sure how we would do that. It'd have to be a premade package to integrate on the site. Im interested its just a bigger challenge than I had hoped.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Splinty;n10917 said:
Not ignoring you. I was just researching options. I'm not really sure how we would do that. It'd have to be a premade package to integrate on the site. Im interested its just a bigger challenge than I had hoped.
just to be clear, i mean vcash, like sherdog has not with real money, just for fun.

NakMuay

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I Wild Each It;n469 said:
Thanks for the heads up. We'll look into this and see if we can get it resolved. Also...welcome!

Update: Havent been on the site in a couple weeks...but this issue is resolved. No longer being blocked as spam. Not sure if this was due to action taken by site admins or not but its working.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
NakMuay;n15111 said:
Update: Havent been on the site in a couple weeks...but this issue is resolved. No longer being blocked as spam. Not sure if this was due to action taken by site admins or not but its working.
Thanks for update.

Many firewalls flag new sites as suspicious. We have search engine cred now :)

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The only things I think should be changed is "race discussion" being put under off topic. Just notsomethnig that should be highlighted to a broad spectrum of people, cuz I know plenty (including me) want nothing to do with that on an MMA web site. I don't care if people discuss it in the forum itself, but I dunno if that's a good thing to have highlighted as a main point of discussion. It's a debate that no one will ever agree on universally and I can guarantee it will turn off more than a few people.

Also, the T girl thing, lol, does that really need its own section?

Just making a suggestion, if I didn't know the board and came here but saw a tranny section and race debate area I would be like.. hmmm

I'm not saying I don't support anyone's right to do whatever they want, BUT, just thinking of the board on a larger scale. Also not sure how certain fighters would feel about signing up on a board so "diverse"...lol.. at least that's what one of them told me when I asked yesterday, hence why I'm posting ths. To me it doesn't matter really, but I can see why people would take a second guess.

Obviously complete freedom to talk about anything that anyone wants is good/desired. Just saying, highlighting those 2 particular things, it makes the site a lot more "niche" IMO. Like to an outsider, they might think it has a Cameldog feel.

It'd be pretty great if, within the next 2 years or so, this place could grow to be a pretty damn sizeable forum. I realyl think it has the potential to. We gotta get this up on Google. IWEI/Splinty, have either of you done that Google search placement shit yet? That way if people look up "MMA Forum" it could come up a lot higher

There's already a shit ton of traffic and posts on here for such a new site, Google should pick it up easily

Sorry for the rant. Just 2 things I think could be tweaked, due to how minimal they are in the overall spectrum of the site, just to give the place a bit more legit MMA forum feeling. One day we could get this thing on par with Sherdog and the UG if we keep going, especially producing original and new content.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good points Galanis. I was actually thinking about one of your suggestions today and we'll take care of them.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Hey man no worries, honestly it's not my site and you guys cna do anything you'd like. I don't mean to sound like "oh it better be this awy" or anything. Just offering some input that I've felt since the day I singed up. I had spoken to a buddy of mine who is a retired pro fighter (who is black, lol) and he asked why there was a race discussion forum. I said I don't know and I didn't think it was meant the way he thought it was.

Either way, it kind of confirmed to me what I was thinking when I saw it.

But hey.. as a random thing.. We look to have our first welcher on our hands. A cash welcher, too. I will PM you the details involved. I don't want to publicly crucify him yet, but I have been waiting for almost a month and have given him every chance in the book. We'll have to discuss options.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We like the feedback and suggestions, because it will ultimately improve the site. So it's all good :)

King of Life

Jan 28, 2015
I really love how how tranquil this place feels with no trolls, shills or new fans with zero knowledge shouting their uneducated opinions and insulting others who don't agree with them.

In order to keep it this way how about in the future new members will have to take an MMA knowledge test before they are allowed to join? They will have 10 seconds to answer each question so they have no time to google the answer. This will include some basic MMA history questions, rule set, trivia etc. Nothing hugely extensive just something to keep the noobs out. Could also include a basic IQ test as well. If you think Europe is a country and are suprised people speak english in London then you should never ever be allowed to post this site!

Now I know this may sound like an extreme idea to some but I think this should only be implemented once people feel the site has a sufficient number of members that people are happy with. When that point is reached then this could be introduced simply as a means of quality control.

What do people think good or idea or bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.