post your favorite Kettlebell exercise

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
I'm just starting out with kettlebells and don't really have a favourite yet. What do you folks like to do???

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
HAHAHAHA ok that should get me started. What do you use for strength/conditioning then? I mean I could look @ other threads but....
I lift weights for strength, I do cardio for conditioning and I play my sport to build sport specific qualities :)

Mule

GD Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Oct 23, 2015
Long cycle clean and jerk is my main lift but I use goblet squats to keep my hips healthy

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Long cycle clean and jerk is my main lift but I use goblet squats to keep my hips healthy
This is a great breakdown on the long cycle clean & jerk by RMAX's Scott Sonnon:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=etB3-bwtm84

Details about hand position & some hand mobility drills:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ib4WZVqlnXo

Here is a link to an article with a good routine to work to 20 mins LCC&J (10 mins each hand):

» Blog Archive » My Murphy-Proof One Arm Long Cycle Kettlebell Progression

This is my Murphy-Proof Progression for classical kettlebell sport.

The progression is quantitatively sequential: this means that as soon as you lock down one score, you can move to the next one on your next training day.

• Keep advancing in the progression until you cannot complete the current step.
  • Stay with the incomplete step until you can complete it. (It often takes about 2-3X to progress any one step, though it may be faster if you use proper 4 day intensity waves, mobility warm-ups and compensation cool-downs.).
The world kettlebell champions that I’ve trained and traveled with have suggested that it is possible to train every day, but this suggestion came from the orientation of being a professional kettlebell lifter, rather than from being a fighter. When you’re not a professional kettlebell competitor, and especially when you’re a professional warrior like the guys and gals I teach, we need to tailor it to meet our ability to recovery for operational readiness as a tactical athlete.

Milestone 1: Complete one 10 minute session at base reps per minute with 5 rep hand switches

• Start your OALC non-stop for 3 minutes with hand switches every 5 reps.
  • Find your base reps per minute (RPM); usually around 8RPM when just beginning this sort of training. Pace is important for progression so once you find your RPM stick with it.
  • When you can keep the same RPM for 3 minutes. Add one minute for 4 minutes total.
  • NOTE: Here’s where things pick up for awhile and you adapt to the technique. It looks like you develop fast, but I believe it’s just your technique catching up to your conditioning as a tactical athlete.
  • Keep adding one minute each session as long as you can keep the same RPM until you can complete one 10 minute session.
Milestone 2: Complete one 10 minute session at 12 reps per minute with 5 rep hand switches

• At 10 minutes, drop down to 6 minutes but add one RPM to your base RPM.
  • Repeat the above: add one minute per session until you complete one 10 minute session at the new RPM pace.
  • At 10 minutes, drop down to 6 minutes and add another RPM.
  • Repeat the above until you’re complete one 10 minute session at 12RPM.
(See the link for more)

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Not a huge kettle bell User BUT I do like

Kettle bell side lateral raises

Bent over Rear laterals

Bent over rows

That's pretty much about it for my type of exercise

WaffleStomp

Jul 23, 2015
Recently started a good routine.

2hand swing to goblet squat. Ladder reps to 10 and back. I use a 30kg bell but Im pretty heavy. Its get you pumped. Or another good one.
10swings
5 goblet squats
5 windmills (alternate sides per set)
5pushups
Do this for 10 sets one min rest between sets.

I started these a few weeks ago to get back into shape to go back to the gym after a few years off and 60+lbs gained. 5 days a week along with 2500 cals a day consumed in a IF pattern 1pm-7pm and I'm dropping it fast but my back is getting thicker and I'm feeling stronger.

I'm not really doing many cleans or 1armed exercises as I'm using the bells for kick starting my body.

I try to do these in the morning to wake up but as long as I get a routine in throughout the day I'm happy enough as with kids and work it's not always possible.

Also get at least a hour more sleep. I thought in was fine on 6hrs but now need at least a solid 7.

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
I do a Kettlebell swing for 2 mins because it improves my anaerobic fitness and helps to accelerate my heart rate. This kettlebell exercise will start to burn my fat.
The second one is the Kettlebell thruster. Combining the front squat with an overhead press will transform a drab move into a compound exercise that builds full-body power. This will also help to build muscles.
Last but not least is Kettlebell Snatch. This exercise includes extreme workouts which help to maintain the heart rate and eventually benefit you to lose weight.