Lifestyle Post your salary/revenue and how much tax you paid for 2018

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You know that thing in your hand (no not your boyfriend's pecker) called a phone? That's how I did my taxes when I was in the USA. Just click a bunch of shit and it's done.
I know
I have access to Tax software and very cheap professionals(2-300$)
I just like to do all parts of my self employed business myself so I have nobody to blame for anything.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
LMAO, I feel like a barista. I'm a full time student researcher. I get a stipend. I'm hoping after I'm done with all this I'll finally see a decent salary. Highest I've ever made is about 46K gross.
Listen, I don't know what a lot of that shit means but what job are ye gonna do when you have finished studying?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Communication and History.
In the early 1990's men used to serenade women by shouting "show us yet tits ya slag!" As they walked past during thier lunch break.

In the 21st century, however, the internet has evolved this into a digital online phrase,

"Hey, u got WhatsApp????"

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You know that thing in your hand (no not your boyfriend's pecker) called a phone? That's how I did my taxes when I was in the USA. Just click a bunch of shit and it's done.

If you own an LLC you can pay yourself a salary (needs to be fair market) and then some of your money is W2 and some is corporate side. The corporate is tax at a lower rate than your personal income tax, And then both piles of money have moved into lower tax brackets.
Then common expenses for doing business like mileage become deductible when they are just a commute as a W-2.
You can setup your own simple IRA and And since you own the company you can choose to have a retirement matching. Now you have a second retirement account and tax deferment over your normal job.
And then at the end of all of this, there are reduced tax cash distributions you can take from the company.

The entirety of tax system works for people who own companies and real estate. I never knew this until I started making some decent money and then went to a CPA and was flabbergasted at the system.

The average Joe does not get to participate.
You can't do any of this on your phone.

kneeblock @Kneeblock
The best thing you could ever do as a professor, a skill that easily lends itself to online lectures and books and other distributable items, is start a side business doing what you love...simultaneously giving you access to this bizzaro world of tax rules.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If you own an LLC you can pay yourself a salary (needs to be fair market) and then some of your money is W2 and some is corporate side. The corporate is tax at a lower rate than your personal income tax, And then both piles of money have moved into lower tax brackets.
Then common expenses for doing business like mileage become deductible when they are just a commute as a W-2.
You can setup your own simple IRA and And since you own the company you can choose to have a retirement matching. Now you have a second retirement account and tax deferment over your normal job.
And then at the end of all of this, there are reduced tax cash distributions you can take from the company.

The entirety of tax system works for people who own companies and real estate. I never knew this until I started making some decent money and then went to a CPA and was flabbergasted at the system.

kneeblock @Kneeblock
The best thing you could ever do as a professor, a skill that easily lends itself to online lectures and books and other distributable items, is start a side business doing what you love...simultaneously giving you access to this bizzaro world of tax rules.
I knew it!

Terrorist!!

M

member 1013

kneeblock @Kneeblock
Yea kneeblock @Kneeblock, be like your hero, J.B. Peterson!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

kneeblock @Kneeblock
Easy Splinty Gekko. Professin the good word is what I love.

M

member 1013

Just a long time working stiff like plenty other yachtless saps on the board. Be careful. We might unite.
My parents were both immigrants and I was raised in a gold mining town in the Canadian sub Arctic in poverty.

Lift yo selfs up!