Powercleans GOAT lift

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Ive done these for two weeks now (two sessions) and fuck me they are awesome. Ive been hanging them off the back of my heavy skwat days and they are just unreal. I look like a total tard doing them but they feel okay.

We have 2.5KG bumper plates at the gym so I started off with them then worked up to two plates last night, Id like to start clean and pressing too but we have those platforms that incorporate a skwat rack so people come walking on and off as youre traneing and with it being so busy I dont want to risk having to bail with the weight above my head.

Anyone else do these? any tips/trick/cues for a young player to look for?

One weird thing is that Im catching the bar in my hands after the last pull instead of on my shoulders which youtube tells me is incorrect..

Pitbull9 @Pitbull3744 Leigh @Leigh surely you two have these in your kit?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I do clean and press. It's one of my core movements. Thickens your whole shoulder girdle

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I do clean and press. It's one of my core movements. Thickens your whole shoulder girdle

Thats what I want to do but if I have to bail on the lift and some spaz decides to walk on the platform (happens all the time when I DL) I might hurt them. Then again is that my fault?

Can you share your rep/sets with us for C&P? Ive been doing triples

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Thats what I want to do but if I have to bail on the lift and some spaz decides to walk on the platform (happens all the time when I DL) I might hurt them. Then again is that my fault?

Can you share your rep/sets with us for C&P? Ive been doing triples
Like all my lifts, I do 5x5 with 60% 1rm

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Like all my lifts, I do 5x5 with 60% 1rm
Ah okay whats your 1rm on C&Ps? Also when you get to the press movement do you split your feet front and behind to get under and walk the bar up or do you push press it up? I believe Ive seen both even at the Oly level but could be wrong

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Ah okay whats your 1rm on C&Ps? Also when you get to the press movement do you split your feet front and behind to get under and walk the bar up or do you push press it up? I believe Ive seen both even at the Oly level but could be wrong
Dunno anymore. 90-95kg. I work out with 50kg. It's quite easy :)

I have experimented with push presses, jerks and snatches and IMHO it doesn't make too much difference to athletic performance outside of the specific movement. Do whatever you feel comfortable with :)

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Dunno anymore. 90-95kg. I work out with 50kg. It's quite easy :)

I have experimented with push presses, jerks and snatches and IMHO it doesn't make too much difference to athletic performance outside of the specific movement. Do whatever you feel comfortable with :)

Well my goal is to compete in PLing a few times in the new year, did a few comps last year. I know C&P isnt really of much use to that but I just caught the power clean bug so ill progress to C&P maybe when I change my training schedule and go when is less busy mid arvo or something.

@ 37 I dont think ill ever be able to compete in Olifting, fucking wish Id started earlier but MMA was my thing back then.

Cheers for the advice mate