Pressing enter on keyboard and latest version of chrome on Android hides the keyboard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm aware of this behavior. It just showed up with the latest update for Gboard and chrome. Working on a fix asap.

M

member 3289

Might be my Samsung keyboard, but when I try to initiate a search, it won't let me type unless i scroll to the top of whatever page I'm on. If I try to search midway down or wherever, my keyboard disappears when I start typing, almost like it thinks I'm trying to execute an on-screen command.

Not sure if this is making any sense. I'm usually good at describing things

M

member 3289

I'm aware of this behavior. It just showed up with the latest update for Gboard and chrome. Working on a fix asap.
Doing it with the Samsung keyboard as well. Also happens when pressing backspace. Driving me nuts

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Doing it with the Samsung keyboard as well. Also happens when pressing backspace. Driving me nuts
yes I am aware
its a flaw with their update and the built in text box control. I can't control either of those things.

Work arounds include using firefox in the meantime.

I will be updating our site ASAP when the software maker or chrome gives us a fix

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I warned you about these Gboard troubles some time ago. Curse you Richards!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I warned you about these Gboard troubles some time ago. Curse you Richards!
Have identified a low level error in the newest version of chrome. this is not our site specific but is related to the way chrome handles some web standards. Since it's the browser managing web standards wrong I would blame the browser. Waiting on an update.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Current work around include using a browser other than chrome or toggling OFF the rich text editor until we get a fix

1599097787890.png

click that gear to turn it on and off. turning off lets you type but no more formatting and extras.

Fix asap but google likely owes a new chrome version.