Lifestyle Pretty much had a heart attack today...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
About 9am I was sitting in my office at home going over some bills when I started having tingling in my arm pits. Noticed pressure in my chest that I’d never felt before. Tried to stay calm and lay down to relax. Then the tingling went to my elbows and I broke out in hives on my chest and shoulders. The pressure turned to a dull pain. Decided not to chance it and called the ambulance. Got to the hospital and went through various tests. Dr said I had an angina attack (? The fuck), but tests were ok. He suggested I try to make dietary changes, since my diet is shit currently. So, after this scare, think I’m giving up drinking and my occasional cigarette and energy drinks and all fast and fried foods.

I low key thought I was done and don’t think I’ve ever been that scared before.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2015
Those energy drinks I agree you should give up. Nothing good comes from those. An occasional drink doesn’t hurt. It’s the binge that gets you. Hope you feel better my dude. Might sound corny but don’t think too much about negativity.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dr said I had an angina attack (? The fuck), but tests were ok.
Don't trust an ED doc to make that as a final diagnosis. Wrong setting and tools to be so sure.
Make an appt with a cardiologist and ask if a stress test is appropriate for you.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Make sure to get all your numbers.
Check them every 2 weeks at least.
It may sound bad, but it's time for an oatmeal bar.
Thick-cut oatmeal every morning. There are a million things you can add; Dried fruits, nuts, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, diced apple/bananna..and on.
Salmon. Get good salmon, fish oil is usually poor quality.
Garlic,Greens, olive oil only, high fiber, beans(lentils), no processed foods, VERY little red meat.
One glass of water at night, limit coffee. 2 glasses of water in the morning;w/lemon will help you flush.
Romaine and chicken breast caesars are great.
You will actually save money by prepping your meals, and you'll feel way better.
It's time to get real, glad you're still with us!

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Don't trust an ED doc to make that as a final diagnosis. Wrong setting and tools to be so sure.
Make an appt with a cardiologist and ask if a stress test is appropriate for you.
Have an appt on Friday.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Sounds like a roller coaster of emotions man. Glad you're okay. Good luck Friday, hope it all turns out fine.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Sounds like a roller coaster of emotions man. Glad you're okay. Good luck Friday, hope it all turns out fine.
This last month has been a roller coaster for sure for me lol. Bought a house and immediately have the engine bust on Mrs. b00ts' car from a simple timing slip. So I have to buy an engine and replace that myself because the warranty ran out. Then had to rent a car for her to be able to bring the kids to school and go to work... AND THEN my homeowner's insurance drops me because we put up a trampoline, so I had to go with another insurer that's $150 more a month. I have 2 weeks of vacation available at work that I'm thinking about taking and just relaxing somewhere. I need a reset lol

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
This last month has been a roller coaster for sure for me lol. Bought a house and immediately have the engine bust on Mrs. b00ts' car from a simple timing slip. So I have to buy an engine and replace that myself because the warranty ran out. Then had to rent a car for her to be able to bring the kids to school and go to work... AND THEN my homeowner's insurance drops me because we put up a trampoline, so I had to go with another insurer that's $150 more a month. I have 2 weeks of vacation available at work that I'm thinking about taking and just relaxing somewhere. I need a reset lol
You definitely need to rest and reset. Just don't jump off the 2nd story deck....

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Glad you're good, man.
Sometimes we need a scare to set us straight.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
About 9am I was sitting in my office at home going over some bills when I started having tingling in my arm pits. Noticed pressure in my chest that I’d never felt before. Tried to stay calm and lay down to relax. Then the tingling went to my elbows and I broke out in hives on my chest and shoulders. The pressure turned to a dull pain. Decided not to chance it and called the ambulance. Got to the hospital and went through various tests. Dr said I had an angina attack (? The fuck), but tests were ok. He suggested I try to make dietary changes, since my diet is shit currently. So, after this scare, think I’m giving up drinking and my occasional cigarette and energy drinks and all fast and fried foods.

I low key thought I was done and don’t think I’ve ever been that scared before.
Take care if yourself bro and get better!

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Mate, since I started posting here and read you, you’ve been a bastiion of utter health so I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine.

Fucking scary though, right?

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
is the trampoline worth an extra $1,800 a year? I would have sold the trampoline at that kind of cost

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
is the trampoline worth an extra $1,800 a year? I would have sold the trampoline at that kind of cost
My son and I spent the day together putting it up and he takes his baby sister out there everyday to bounce, so I’m not taking that from him.

Last edited:

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Mate, since I started posting here and read you, you’ve been a bastiion of utter health so I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine.

Fucking scary though, right?
That’s the thing, I still run daily and do kettlebell routines a few times a week. My diet isn’t great, but I feel I’m still in good shape. Hopefully it was nothing and just a byproduct of the recent stress.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That’s the thing, I still run daily and do kettlebell routines a few times a week. My diet isn’t great, but I feel I’m still in good shape. Hopefully it was nothing and just a byproduct of the recent stress.
All I can say is prioritize quality sleep
that is the number one stress on a human IMO

maybe incorporate a short nap if you cannot get a full 8hours in each night(I know that is hard with kids and full time job but it is very very important)

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
All I can say is prioritize quality sleep
that is the number one stress on a human IMO

maybe incorporate a short nap if you cannot get a full 8hours in each night(I know that is hard with kids and full time job but it is very very important)
I'm proper fucked then. Once in a blue moon I'll get a good night's sleep, I managed two in a row last week and was proper chuffed with myself for it.