Pretty white sorority girls make recruitment video, internet explodes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Can you see how someone could use this same argument that abortion is not a women's rights issues, but a mother issue.
Isn't the access and daily context enough to subjugate someone even if they aren't in that scenario yet/ever? (divorce proceedings, pregnant).

If your concern that more males beat their children, should heterosexual couples get advantage of over gay men in adopting, since gay men expose the child to twice the male violence threat?
Abuse by females is also more likely to go unreported, so the statistic in itself is inaccurate.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Abuse by females is also more likely to go unreported, so the statistic in itself is inaccurate.

It is, but emmry is accurate that most child abuse is due to a male.

I just disagree with extrapolating that to the assumption that then men should be in an uphill battle for custody of their own children.

Most inmates are black. We going to use that as justification that black men should prove they arent criminals?

Hard for me to wrap my head around this vision before me.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
Can you see how someone could use this same argument that abortion is not a women's rights issues, but a mother issue.
Isn't the access and daily context enough to subjugate someone even if they aren't in that scenario yet/ever? (divorce proceedings, pregnant).

If your concern that more males beat their children, should heterosexual couples get advantage of over gay men in adopting, since gay men expose the child to twice the male violence threat?
Sure. But my issue with including it in the MRA framework has more to do with the fact most MRA arguments are really just rebranded sexism, and fathers rights is a real issue that actually exists. Not just a fiction created by dweebs who are mad at feminists because they cant get laid. Women's rights are real issues across the board, largely.

I don't think gay men are as violent, but again, this issue is very complex and I agree there is a bias against men which is problematic, but I also understand why the courts have this bias. I don't have easy answers or easily qualifiable positions. And I haven't fully studied it either so I am not comfortable delving too deeply and making major statements like I am with other issues. I have some educated guesses but its an area of study for me.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015

I just disagree with extrapolating that to the assumption that then men should be in an uphill battle for custody of their own children.

Most inmates are black. We going to use that as justification that black men should prove they arent criminals?

Dude I can walk upstairs to an empty 8 year old's bedroom unoccupied since October. I don't think all men should face an uphill battle and I don't know what else I can say. Its too complex, I don't fully have firm opinions on it and the ones I do still require their own shit storm.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sure. But my issue with including it in the MRA framework has more to do with the fact most MRA arguments are really just rebranded sexism, and fathers rights is a real issue that actually exists. Not just a fiction created by dweebs who are mad at feminists because they cant get laid. Women's rights are real issues across the board, largely.

I don't think gay men are as violent, but again, this issue is very complex and I agree there is a bias against men which is problematic, but I also understand why the courts have this bias. I don't have easy answers or easily qualifiable positions. And I haven't fully studied it either so I am not comfortable delving too deeply and making major statements like I am with other issues. I have some educated guesses but its an area of study for me.
Man, for someone who is a not a conservative, and criticizes conservatives for their racism/sexism, you sure do like to paint with broad strokes. Instead of treating people as individuals.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
Man, for someone who is a not a conservative, and criticizes conservatives for their racism/sexism, you sure do like to paint with broad strokes. Instead of treating people as individuals.
I don't understand this. This entire thread has been me making statements, people taking them as broad strokes applicable in all cases and me saying "uh it doesn't work that way". How does THIS offend you? Jeesh bruh.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't understand this. This entire thread has been me making statements, people taking them as broad strokes applicable in all cases and me saying "uh it doesn't work that way". How does THIS offend you? Jeesh bruh.
It doesn't offend me, your stance is interesting to say the least. You advocate for things that paint with a broad brush. But then say you know of everyone is different. It's just a confusing stance that makes it almost like you are just after social brownie points.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

I agree, I simply point it out because it isn't something that should be ignored. My wife studied the topic extensively while doing her psych degree, and she gets pretty upset when the internet brigade starts trotting out half stats worded in a manner to make them technically correct, but extremely misleading, and detrimental to the cause as a whole.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
Demographic realities exist without them being absolutes. Common sense man. Except when it comes to self identified MRAs. They are absolutely awful every time.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Demographic realities exist without them being absolutes. Common sense man. Except when it comes to self identified MRAs. They are absolutely awful every time.
So you're aware that statistically a father is the person in a household most likely to end up murdered by a family member, right?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So by that reasoning the demographic reality must be that black males aged 18-35, commit the most crimes, so it's good that they are locked up disproportionately? Are you saying I should have my best friend, Stillmatic @Stillmatic, arrested because statistically speaking he's more likely to commit a crime because he's a large 32 year old black man from 6 mile in Detroit?

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
Murder rates against fathers often are skewed because whether it is murder or defense of abuse is hard to ascertain in situations, I know. If it is true that fathers are the most likely killed family member that would be a surprise to me. Women are far more likely to be killed by domestic partners. At a 2-1 rate. I know that.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
So by that reasoning the demographic reality must be that black males aged 18-35, commit the most crimes, so it's good that they are locked up disproportionately? Are you saying I should have my best friend, Stillmatic @Stillmatic, arrested because statistically speaking he's more likely to commit a crime because he's a large 32 year old black man from 6 mile in Detroit?
No, the demographic reality is black men are arrested more. What one can extrapolate from that is contextual on other data.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No, the demographic reality is black men are arrested more. What one can extrapolate from that is contextual on other data.
But by the argument you use for women getting custody most of the, that surely can apply to black men as well no?

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
But by the argument you use for women getting custody most of the, that surely can apply to black men as well no?
Yea I donno bro, I know I haven't mentioned it but I am not really interested in that debate today. I should have said that six times before now. Don't know why I didn't.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yea I donno bro, I know I haven't mentioned it but I am not really interested in that debate today. I should have said that six times before now. Don't know why I didn't.
Yes, much like how you say one thing but actively promote racism and sexism. I'm jus sayin

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
Yes, much like how you say one thing but actively promote racism and sexism. I'm jus sayin
Why the ad hominem? Especially this kind of one designed just to start an argument man. You know damn well after 199 pages that I am fighting against those things. At the most you can disagree but to say I am advocating racism or sexism is just an inflammatory attack. You can disagree with my strategy, or modern social justice, but to say its "racist" is just cheap.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Why the ad hominem? Especially this kind of one designed just to start an argument man. You know damn well after 199 pages that I am fighting against those things. At the most you can disagree but to say I am advocating racism or sexism is just an inflammatory attack. You can disagree with my strategy, or modern social justice, but to say its "racist" is just cheap.
But is it cheap? I stated this earlier, it seems like the position you hold is because you view white men as that much superior that anyone not a white male needs help based solely on race or sex to make up for the past. To me, that seems fairly racist. Obviously I know you're not marching around in a kkk hood saying women need to be stoned for touching a man not in her family.

Last edited: