Pretty white sorority girls make recruitment video, internet explodes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
I'm not talking about the past. The current effects of the past which still exist, and new forms of discrimination.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I
I'm not talking about the past. The current effects of the past which still exist, and new forms of discrimination.
So you admit that you feel the color of a person's skin dictates whether they need assistance to "keep up" with the evil white man?

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
I

So you admit that you feel the color of a person's skin dictates whether they need assistance to "keep up" with the evil white man?
Uh why argue that way? Can you please make an actual attempt to understand my view in good faith?

My view is that racism hasn't ended. White supremacy just has gone incognito. Because one is white doesn't make one evil.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
It's hard to see now which is the source of this argument. If you could see it yourself you wouldn't have a hard time understanding my take.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Uh why argue that way? Can you please make an actual attempt to understand my view in good faith?

My view is that racism hasn't ended. White supremacy just has gone incognito. Because one is white doesn't make one evil.
I just have a real issue with using race as a justification for anything. I'm with Leigh @Leigh on this. People need assistance, and help sometimes, there is nothing wrong with that. WHAT I do have a problem with is saying OK this guy is black, he automatically gets more help than maybe a disadvantaged child of another race simply because he's black and he can't do it on his own (according to statistics).

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It is, but emmry is accurate that most child abuse is due to a male.

I just disagree with extrapolating that to the assumption that then men should be in an uphill battle for custody of their own children.

Most inmates are black. We going to use that as justification that black men should prove they arent criminals?

Hard for me to wrap my head around this vision before me.
Worth a read:

Hope Solo and the Surprising Truth About Women and Violence

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
I just have a real issue with using race as a justification for anything.
Right. I would too, if it wasn't already justification. It boils down to the nature of the current problem and how we view it. I view it as race already being an issue. You seem to take the "why are you making it about race?" response. I believe it already is about race. So my views are reactionary.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Right. I would too, if it wasn't already justification. It boils down to the nature of the current problem and how we view it. I view it as race already being an issue. You seem to take the "why are you making it about race?" response. I believe it already is about race. So my views are reactionary.
Why make it about race if it doesn't need to be. #blacklivesmatter is a perfect example. If black lives matter why are black males killing so many other black males. Also shouldn't it be #alllivesmatter or #stoppolicefrombeingpowerhungrydouchebags
Everything needs to stop being because of race. On both sides.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
All lives do matter but society devalues black lives specifically. Blm addresses this. Saying that "alllivesmatter" is akin to saying to doctors "all patients matter, not just the sick ones". I've got a good friend who has wrote responses at length for patheos. I'll post some.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
All lives do matter but society devalues black lives specifically. Blm addresses this. Saying that "alllivesmatter" is akin to saying to doctors "all patients matter, not just the sick ones". I've got a good friend who has wrote responses at length for patheos. I'll post some.
But isn't part of the "devaluing" of black lives the fact that people think black people need more hand outs because they can't do it on their own.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I can see how this is an issue given the prior racism allegations at Alabama sororities. It was brought up last year. They've had problems allowing black girls into their groups. They were rejecting black girls who wanted to join them too.

So to see a new video of an all white sorority seems like they haven't addressed the prior issue that caused quite a stir last year in Alabama.

----------------
University Of Alabama’s Sororities Still Resist Integrating - BuzzFeed News

University Of Alabama’s Sororities Still Resist Integrating

Seven months after allegations of racism were raised, little has changed.
“There is a strong sense of ‘There’s nothing you can do about it.’”
posted on Apr. 29, 2014, at 9:11 a.m.

In September, the school’s student newspaper reported that at least four of the 16 traditionally white sororities denied pledge bids to two black women during formal August recruitment.

Melanie Gotz, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, became a whistleblower when she came forward with the allegations, detailing the case of one African-American student who was rejected, one by one, from all 16 Panhellenic sororities. The recruit, who refused to be interviewed for this story, graduated salutatorian of her high school class with a 4.3 GPA and is the granddaughter of a member of the UA Board of Trustees.

The problem, as many sorority members tell it, stems from powerful alumnae stuck on preserving the tradition of their all-white sororities — even if that means threatening to withhold donations and other financial assistance.

“People are too scared of what the repercussions are of maybe taking a black girl,” Gotz told The Crimson White. “That’s stupid, but who’s going to be the one to make that jump? How much longer is it going to take till we have a black girl in a sorority?”

That question burned in the minds of many eager to tackle enduring racial segregation on the Southern campus.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can see how this is an issue given the prior racism allegations at Alabama sororities. It was brought up last year. They've had problems allowing black girls into their groups. They were rejecting black girls who wanted to join them too.

So to see a new video of an all white sorority seems like they haven't addressed the prior issue that caused quite a stir last year in Alabama.
Yeah, that's what I hid in the spoiler of my original post. The reality is that the university has a real issue with race for years. But we aren't talking about that. We are focused on whether Trump wants women like this - dafuck?

But this is low hanging fruit. They are thin, pretty, wealthy, white, and just too "hyper-feminine" (yes that is a quote from the main critic against them). I find the idea of telling other women how they need to act to be "real woman" just as insulting as boxing any person into an expected construct. But that's where the critics went because that makes good sound bytes for HuffPo, jezebel, xojane, and every other shit blog site that makes its money on faux-controversy. No one clicks on the same subject over and over. You need something NEW and flashy and angry. SNIDELY WHIPLASH @ABE FROMAN highlighted this sort of shallowness on the first page and I'm inclined to agree.

So 3 years later, the same sorority and race issues exist. But no one is talking about the other sororities. Just glitter and a drone camera shot.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Yeah, that's what I hid in the spoiler of my original post. The reality is that the university has a real issue with race for years. But we aren't talking about that. We are focused on whether Trump wants women like this - dafuck?

But this is low hanging fruit. They are thin, pretty, wealthy, white, and just too "hyper-feminine" (yes that is a quote from the main critic against them). I find the idea of telling other women how they need to act to be "real woman" just as insulting as boxing any person into an expected construct. But that's where the critics went because that makes good sound bytes for HuffPo, jezebel, xojane, and every other shit blog site that makes its money on faux-controversy. No one clicks on the same subject over and over. You need something NEW and flashy and angry. SNIDELY WHIPLASH @ABE FROMAN highlighted this sort of shallowness on the first page and I'm inclined to agree.

So 3 years later, the same sorority and race issues exist. But no one is talking about the other sororities. Just glitter and a drone camera shot.
oh is that whats going down on social media? hyper-feminine? nutty.

I wonder if the same sororities not allowing black girls is also not allowing fat chicks. Perhaps they might have this certain mould they are trying to construct.

If not then its just a bunch of girls having fun and its all news rubbish.

Trump just said Heidi Klum is no longer a 10 and then she made a video hitting back at him heh.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Why make it about race if it doesn't need to be. #blacklivesmatter is a perfect example. If black lives matter why are black males killing so many other black males. Also shouldn't it be #alllivesmatter or #stoppolicefrombeingpowerhungrydouchebags
Everything needs to stop being because of race. On both sides.
As I understand it, the "Black Lives Matter" campaign is aimed at the disproportionate killing of black people by cops. I guess a clearer term would be "Black Lives Matter Too." However, they've done some stupid stuff for publicity and damaged their credibility.

BWS

Apr 14, 2015
BLACKLIVESMATTER ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING ASSHATS......NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK......BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST FUCKING RETARDED AS FUCK........LOL

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Can someone explain the outrage? Why did they take down the video?

Just about every politically correct Nazi is offended by this for one reason or other. Feminists say it objectifies women because they aren't wearing boiler suits and a crew cut. Racism groups say it's racist because there are only white chicks. Ugly bitches say it's bad because all the chicks are hot. Fat bitches say it's not fair because these chicks are all in shape.

Funny thing is, the people whining are actually the ones who are bullying and hating and being discriminatory.