Society Prince Phillip is dead

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Speaking to the General Dental Council, 1960: “Dontopedalogy is the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, a science which I have practised for a good many years.”

Speaking at the Scottish Women’s Institute, 1961: “British women can’t cook.”

When shown art during a trip to Ethiopia, 1965: “It looks like the kind of thing my daughter would bring back from her school art lessons.”

Speaking on American TV about the Windsor family’s finances, 1969: “We go into the red next year … I shall probably have to give up polo.”

During a visit to Canada, 1969: “I declare this thing open, whatever it is.”

When asked about visiting the Soviet Union, 1969: “I would like to go to Russia very much – although the bastards murdered half my family.”

To Paraguayan dictator Alfredo Stroessner:“It’s a pleasant change to be in a country that isn’t ruled by its people.”

Speaking during an official trip to Canada, 1976: “We don’t come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.”

Accepting a gift from a woman in Kenya, 1984: “You ARE a woman, aren’t you?”

To a British student during visit to China, 1986: “If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes.”

When asked his thoughts on Beijing during a tour of China, 1986: “Ghastly.”

During a visit to the city of Xian in China, to a group of British exchange students, 1986:“If you stay here much longer you’ll all be slitty-eyed.”

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
At a World Wildlife Fund meeting, 1986: “If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.”

When asked if he would like to touch a koala while in Sydney in 1992: “Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease.”

While chatting to a fashion writer Serena French, 1993: “You’re not wearing mink knickers, are you?”

Chatting to a British man during a visit to Budapest, 1993: “You can’t have been here that long – you haven’t got a pot belly.”

To a group of businessmen in the Cayman Islands, 1994: “Aren’t most of you descended from pirates?”

While speaking to female solicitor: “I thought it was against the law these days for a woman to solicit.”

Shouting at the Queen, from the deck of the Britannia, while she spoke to their hosts on the quay during an official visit to Belize, 1994: “Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on.”

Of daughter, Princess Anne: “If it doesn’t fart or eat hay, she isn’t interested.”

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
In a conversation with a Scottish driving instructor, 1995: “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”

Addressing German chancellor Helmut Kohl during a speech, 1997: “Reichskanzler.” (Which was actually Hitler’s title …)

While speaking to a British student who had hiked in PNG, 1998: “You managed not to get eaten then?”

While inspecting a factory in Edinburgh and spying an old-fashioned fuse box, 1999: “It looks as if it was put in by an Indian.”

After presented with a hamper of goods form the American south by the American Ambassador in London, 1999: “Where’s the Southern Comfort?”

When he asked politician Lord Taylor of Warwick, whose mum and dad are Jamaican, 1999: “And what exotic part of the world do you come from?” To which Lord Warwick replied: “Birmingham.”

During a visit to Cardiff, to children from the British Deaf Association, who were standing near a Caribbean steel band, 1999: “If you’re near that music it’s no wonder you’re deaf”.

Speaking to a group of female politicians at a Buckingham Palace party in 2000 whose name tags had ‘Ms’ on them: “Ah, so this is feminist corner then.”

Spying two robots bumping into each other at a science museum, 2000: “They’re not mating are they?”

When offered some fish by Rick Stein, 2000:“No, I would probably end up spitting it out over everybody.”

To a guest in Berlin after the Queen had just opened the new $32 million British Embassy in Berlin, 2000: “It’s a vast waste of space.”

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The secret to long life. Enjoying it.

FB_IMG_1618060537245.jpg

I wish I was there where he told some beefeater "gimme your hat I want to trick the wife"

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
All his children have spoken.

Bar one. I bet he cares more about that than his dad has died.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Silentsinger once met the good Prince and she angered him.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I just slid into the Queen’s DMs.
Did she reply?