Product Review Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Ultra light Kingz gi came in.
Tried it on and immediately noticed a different. The only other gi I own is the one from my gym so that's worth noting of my review.
I like the long option in sizing. It's a nice alternative for a lanky fellow like myself. Also comes with a nice bag.
Probably take it for a spin in my next class. This summer has been consistently humid so ultra light will come in handy for my sweatiness.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Got a pair of Hayabusa Recast compression shorts off Amazon (thanks @Rhino and La Paix @Chad Wagner for the tip).

Work and feel great. Nice hidden pouch for a cup if needed and has elastic around the legs, which keeps the shorts from riding up.

M

member 603

Ultra light Kingz gi came in.
Tried it on and immediately noticed a different. The only other gi I own is the one from my gym so that's worth noting of my review.
I like the long option in sizing. It's a nice alternative for a lanky fellow like myself. Also comes with a nice bag.
Probably take it for a spin in my next class. This summer has been consistently humid so ultra light will come in handy for my sweatiness.
How's the Gi feeling? I was debating getting one of those

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
How's the Gi feeling? I was debating getting one of those
Feels great!
Granted its only my second so I don't have much to compare it too but the light factor is definitely noticeable and welcomed.

I got an email that Phalanx released a gi today

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Got my hands on my Phalanx rash guard today.

Right off the bat I'm highly impressed with the product from the actual gear to the packaging it comes in. Can't wait to test it out in the gym.

Meant to snap some photos but got a little excited and the packaging went straight to the bin. I took advantage of the Labor Day Sale, maybe I'll share some pics when my shipment arrives.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
If you're on Instagram follow me, I'll share with you some cool bjj vids
Thanks for the offer but I'm not actually on Instagram.
I just copied their post to share the deal as quickyl and easily as possible.

If I ever sign up, I'll definitely take you up on that!

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Getting on board no-gi classes next week. Looking at a spare rashguard.

Anyone have any experience with Hypnotik?

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
John Danaher's Leglocks Enter the System: Love the attention to detail. My recommendation: Get it.

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
I'm about 10 rolls into my War Tribe "Strategy" gi. I love it. super light and makes me want to get more Wartribe gi's. They're all the same cut (competition), you're pretty much just paying for artwork. Thinking about the Hydrogen one next if any of my current 8 tear. LOL
https://amzn.to/2RmxQPa

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
I picked up a Sanabul light weight his in grey.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Sanabul-Essentials-Shrunk-Special-Sizing/dp/B00P9W4GAE?ref_=bl_dp_s_mw_8898591011

I'm on the brink of competing at LW (168.5 lbs iirc) and wanted something light and priced well. I've been rolling with this one for two weeks now and I love it. Would recommend! CE with free belt too.
Sanabul is super light. One of my training partners has the one you picked up and it's holding up well. They have good prices too.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Sanabul is super light. One of my training partners has the one you picked up and it's holding up well. They have good prices too.
Good to hear .I was pretty skeptical but as of now I'm happy .

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
I had been thinking about getting an Origin Gi for a while, largely because of their whole made in America commitment. When Jocko partnered with them and they did the Discipline = Freedom gi on Black Friday, it was a clear sign that the time had come.

My DEF gi and rashguard arrived today, and they are great. Very well made, surprisingly light, and fit perfectly. I was skeptical of the Swivelock belt, but it works well and the connector was no issue when training.

I don’t beleive the gi and Swivelock has been approved by the IBJJF yet, so I will be sticking to my usual Gi’s for the Atlanta Open next week. I will likely be getting more Origin Gi’s in the future, I am really impressed with this one.

I've been wearing this gi for about 6 months now and it quickly became my favorite. So much so that my wife bought one in white for herself, lol. The swivel lock is IBJJF approved. It does pill up a bit but I dont mind, everything else more than makes up for it. My favorite before this was a Storm T3, which honestly is still my competition gi due to it being a bit stiffer and the lengths being more ideal for me personally.

NoGi Im a Long sleeve rashguard, spats and shorts, Gi I wear a long sleeve rashguard or nothing, its about 50/50 and literally just depends on my mood. I love Tatami for my rashguards and Manto spats. For shorts I havent found a pair better than the RVCA Sport Grappler shorts.

Also, I would definitely put a TMMAC patch on several of my Gi's.

Last edited:

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I picked up a Sanabul light weight his in grey.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Sanabul-Essentials-Shrunk-Special-Sizing/dp/B00P9W4GAE?ref_=bl_dp_s_mw_8898591011

I'm on the brink of competing at LW (168.5 lbs iirc) and wanted something light and priced well. I've been rolling with this one for two weeks now and I love it. Would recommend! CE with free belt too.
I have a pair of their Boxing Gloves.

Sanabul Essential Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves (AllBlac...
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773VHQR8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_1MAaCbGD2JJC2

I use them for Heavy Bag Training.

They have been holding up to my Monster Power Hooks and Lightning Fast Jabs quite well.

Would recommend!

M

member 603

Heads up... Phalanx last day of their "Cyber Week Sale" ends tonight.... They are 75% off some products

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
I've been wearing this gi for about 6 months now and it quickly became my favorite. So much so that my wife bought one in white for herself, lol. The swivel lock is IBJJF approved. It does pill up a bit but I dont mind, everything else more than makes up for it. My favorite before this was a Storm T3, which honestly is still my competition gi due to it being a bit stiffer and the lengths being more ideal for me personally.

NoGi Im a Long sleeve rashguard, spats and shorts, Gi I wear a long sleeve rashguard or nothing, its about 50/50 and literally just depends on my mood. I love Tatami for my rashguards and Manto spats. For shorts I havent found a pair better than the RVCA Sport Grappler shorts.

Also, I would definitely put a TMMAC patch on several of my Gi's.
Storm is expensive but I like their current line-up.