General PS4 Game reccommendations 4 my Kid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Jan 21, 2015
Hey all

So my son is 11. I finally caved and got him a PS4 for Christmas. Of course he loves it.

I try to manage his game time because I can totally see how kids can get right hooked on it. Scary actually

Anyway in spite of this fear he just finished Spider-Man (great game, wow) and he's scoping for the next adventure.

Any recommendations?

I am really curious about 'Open Concept' games - is that what you call them? Where you have more freedom to roam around and play as you like instead of following a set trail or chasing a clock etc.

Everyone says Red Dead Redemption 2 is outstanding. I agree it looks great but why is it rated R? Is it really too much for a semi-naive 11 year old?

Any other great Open concept games worth playing?

Maybe a fun racing game with huge airs too lol

Thanks!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It is target based, for instance, kill this guy or save this guy.

Whatever u wanna do is up to you. It's fantastic

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
And also insane, because it's a metal gear game. Scared the shit outta me at times

Jan 21, 2015
^ really Metal Gear is not a structured-level game?

I'm curious about how storylines work in games where you don't have to follow a set pathway. Is it like a massive choose your own adventure?

I don't like pure shooting games, especially for kids I think it fucks some things up in our psyche. War games too, fuck no thanks I hate that shit making War look cool and exciting to kids.

Oct 24, 2015
Try the Lego games. Fun good comedy. Maybe to kiddy for his age. Fun never the less.
The spiderman game is great. Fun and easy to learn.
Rdr2 is a great game but for your son I wouldn't recommend as it has adult subject matter.
Metal gear solid 5
Don't listen to this.

Jan 21, 2015
Try the Lego games. Fun good comedy. Maybe to kiddy for his age. Fun never the less.
The spiderman game is great. Fun and easy to learn.
Rdr2 is a great game but for your son I wouldn't recommend as it has adult subject matter.

Don't listen to this.
What sort of 'adult subject matter'? Just shooting people? Are there brothels and hoes?

Gory stuff? Swearing?

Game looks so great I wonder if whatever content might be worth the gameplay. Our neighbor kids are like 8 and play GTA lol

Oct 24, 2015
What sort of 'adult subject matter'? Just shooting people? Are there brothels and hoes?

Gory stuff? Swearing?

Game looks so great I wonder if whatever content might be worth the gameplay. Our neighbor kids are like 8 and play GTA lol
Game is great. Beautiful. Story is top notch. Can't list all the great thing this game does. Some of the dialog and missions. Some of the loan sharking missions got me thinking twice. Not because of profanity and such but because of the acting. Made me feel bad. Just little adult. Not all of it is like that but you run into shit.
Not as bad a GTA mind you but same developer. Great game like I said. You would like it.