PVZ leaving Team Alpha Male

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Has UFC strawweight Paige VanZant left her Team Alpha Male home? It's complicated

I heard Chael was saying she's going to be pretty much full time with his camp.

I am not surprised by this move after her last fight. I don't know if JB let her down on the fight breakdown with Waterson or if it was her call, but she said after that fight that she didn't train BJJ at all really (can't remember exactly the quote).

Waterson has a bunch of submission wins, so to not train any defense seems weird to me, especially after defending against Namajunas so long.

Idk. It seems like someone along the way was half-assing her training...or maybe it was just a bad game plan. But the move seems like a good one for both her and the team.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Has UFC strawweight Paige VanZant left her Team Alpha Male home? It's complicated

I heard Chael was saying she's going to be pretty much full time with his camp.

I am not surprised by this move after her last fight. I don't know if JB let her down on the fight breakdown with Waterson or if it was her call, but she said after that fight that she didn't train BJJ at all really (can't remember exactly the quote).

Waterson has a bunch of submission wins, so to not train any defense seems weird to me, especially after defending against Namajunas so long.

Idk. It seems like someone along the way was half-assing her training...or maybe it was just a bad game plan. But the move seems like a good one for both her and the team.
Pure speculation here but it's not going to matter what camp she goes to. She's just looking to make some more cash and keep his face and name out there long enough to transition into acting or something of the sort. And as long as she tries to juggle commercials, Chopped, Dancing with the Stars, etc, etc, etc... She's going to lose to every hungry 115er in the UFC.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
PVZ spends more time doing crossfit than she does working technique. She would really only show up at the TAM gym for her fight camp. Until she fully commits to mma, the gym she trains at is irrelevant.