VID Qat demonstrates how German sounds compared to other languages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

That's definitely how I talk when my beer is warm and stale!
The first time I saw this video I asked a German speaker if that was really how you say all those words in German.

I was sure the video was just exaggerating and using words that aren't used in everyday life.

But no, I was wrong.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
I've been to Germany, really cool people. Some of their words sound funny though. Maybe that's just me being ignorant.

I had to take German class in school. Don't remember much apart from

Tut mie leid ich bein speit gekomen which I think translates to "sorry miss, I'm late" I was late to class everyday. German teacher was a bitch making us apologise in German lol

M

member 3289

Pretty well known actor here. Didn't know that movie.
Subtitles not correct sometimes tho, is that from the original movie? He never said anything about a horse. :D
Yes, original. I fucking died laughing at this scene when I first saw this movie

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
I married a German. How do you say Hoebag in all those languages.

I lived in Germany for a spell, can't say much about them except extremely helpful and they had a wonderful self-deprecating sense of humour. The way they spoke sounded rather gentle in many instances, that was in the Baden Wurttemburg region.
And f'n hell they know how to organize nice cities. It's no wonder the refugees want to live there.

M

member 3289

Q @Qat That movie is about four American teenagers that travel to Europe because one of the guys is in love with a German girl he had been in contact with. It mostly just deals with American stereotypes of Europeans.

Here's another scene I fucking died laughing at. May not be as funny for you, though:

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Ye its a bit silly, first thought he was gonna say funny things.
The dude is another well-known actor though. Movie got that right.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Is that this Pitbull-dude? -.-
Neither am I a friend of Rammstein, they don't irk me though. I think they might be more successful in America than here.
Different tastes.
yeah Pitbull MR.305