Question for those of you who use Paypal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Last night I received an Email from PayPal saying that some periodic review found that I may be in violation of their acceptable use policy.

Specifically the gambling statute against sports betting, and track betting.

Kind of has me scared a little. After clicking the link they provided, it doesn't go into detail what would happen to my account if I am indeed in violation or whatever.

Just wondering if that's happened to any of u guys or what would happen to my account.

Would they suspend it and I lose whatever money is in there?

Report me to the IRS or something?

Should I just not care and just cut down on the amount of PayPal bets I do?

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I do a bit of paypal betting, never had this problem just don't send it as a bet, just send it as a gift and pm the guy or email him that you've paid in full

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
How the fuck do they know what you sending money for?
No idea. But I've sent and received hundreds of payments in the last year. Usually always on Saturdays which always happened to be a day that the UFC was holding an event lol.

Of course I would just deny the whole thing.

It seems like it's kind of an honor system regarding their TOS.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I got a similar email from Paypal a few years ago around this exact time, March Madness. They made me sign some agreement to continue using my account, but my account was never shut down or suspended. I suspect they scan for gambling related terms in the note section you can write in when you send money. Even if you never have wrote anything incriminating in there, someone you did a transaction with could have in the past and got their account flagged.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I do a bit of paypal betting, never had this problem just don't send it as a bet, just send it as a gift and pm the guy or email him that you've paid in full
This - dont put a description with the payment. Just send it as a gift.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
PayPal are a bit heavy handed when it comes to your account.
I always suggest having a specific bank account and credit/debit card only for PayPal. Get money in, either spend it or draw to your bank account right away, then cash it.
Never EVER tie it to your main bank account or main credit card. That's just asking for trouble.

If you are in a dispute with a buyer, you better have a ton of proof you supplied product/service according to terms, otherwise PayPal are quick to yank funds. And if funds are not enough in your PayPal account they forcefully dip into your bank account and/or credit/debit card to cover the balance.

When you send payments, do not put any notes or descriptions unless it is for actual business purposes. If you know the person, always send it as a family/friend transfer and save on the high PayPal fees and make the recipient happy.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I always suggest having a specific bank account and credit/debit card only for PayPal. Get money in, either spend it or draw to your bank account right away, then cash it.
Never EVER tie it to your main bank account or main credit card. That's just asking for trouble.

If you are in a dispute with a buyer, you better have a ton of proof you supplied product/service according to terms, otherwise PayPal are quick to yank funds. And if funds are not enough in your PayPal account they forcefully dip into your bank account and/or credit/debit card to cover the balance.

When you send payments, do not put any notes or descriptions unless it is for actual business purposes. If you know the person, always send it as a family/friend transfer and save on the high PayPal fees and make the recipient happy.
Good points. I usually add and withdraw money with a pre paid PayPal MasterCard.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Never heard of such a thing.
I use paypal to sell on ebay often.

Shady of them.

chupecabre

Jul 21, 2015
Heavy paypal user...never heard of such a thing. Big brother is about to bend us all over.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

One of my good friends had PayPal dip into his bank account in a situation like you mentioned. Turns out real banks take great pleasure in taking money back from PayPal, lol. Exactly what the guy who worked for the bank told him was "No problem, we'll get that back for you. PayPal seems to think they're a real bank, lol" and yes, he actually laughed while telling that to my friend. He had his money back in his account very quickly after that phone call.