Society Question for Trump Supporters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Altering the voting system because it's exceedingly beneficial to your party also strikes me as undemocratic.

Yes, I know people who work shift work, many. Between early polls amd the legal right to leave work in order to vote they dont have any issue taking part in the democratic process.
How is it more beneficial to one party to vote early? I’m really confused when people keep saying this. Is one party not allowed to vote early?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
How is it more beneficial to one party to vote early? I’m really confused when people keep saying this. Is one party not allowed to vote early?
Uninformed people are less likely to be motivated to vote. Uniformed people almost universally support a particular political leaning.

I don't care who people do or dont vote for, but when a political party attempts to change the rules of the game that's an issue.

M

member 3289

Uninformed people are less likely to be motivated to vote. Uniformed people almost universally support a particular political leaning.

I don't care who people do or dont vote for, but when a political party attempts to change the rules of the game that's an issue.
No one is changing the rules of the game. Early voting and mail-in voting have been part of the voting process for years.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Lets see what nonvoters actually think:

1603202691701.png1603202749805.png

Nonvoters are more likely to be independent than voters.

When checking on their political leaning of these non voters what you see an exchange of Republican party for independent non-party thinking. They do not lean Democrat more. They lean Republican less. It is also not nearly universal. In fact, it appears that non-voters are less politically leaning than any other group.

And this isn't weighted for the fact that this is a younger and less white crowd. They are even less left leaning than would be expected.
1603203226781.png

Reflecting their low levels of political engagement, only about half of nonvoters (47%) identify with either political party; 29% identify as Democrats, 18% as Republicans while 45% are independents. Among likely voters, 68% identify with a party (37% Democrat, 31% Republican) and just 30% are independents.
Taking into account the party leanings of independents, about half of nonvoters (51%) either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic; just 30% affiliate with the GOP or lean Republican, while 20% do not lean toward either party. Among likely voters, 50% identify as Democrats or lean Democratic, 44% identify as Republicans or lean Republican, and just 6% have no party leanings.

Free your mind, don't vote?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

View attachment 18028View attachment 18029

When checking on their political leaning of these non voters what you see an exchange of Republican party for independent non-party thinking. They do not lean Democrat more. They lean Republican less. It is also not nearly universal. In fact, it appears that non-voters are less politically leaning than any other group.

And this isn't weighted for the fact that this is a younger and less white crowd. They are even less left leaning than would be expected.
View attachment 18031

That's some pretty interesting data

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

View attachment 18028View attachment 18029

View attachment 18031

Says 51% of non voters lean Dem 30% lean Republican.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's some pretty interesting data
There are some easy take homes about -- poor, nonwhite, etc = disenfranchised, etc. for either overt or subtle reasons.
BUT, what if simultaneously this data suggest that the party system is just team sports excitement of voting, rather than voting itself.
People that vote aren't more informed, just more opinionated because they are aware a topic exists and have a side being fed to them :-X

Says 51% of non voters lean Dem 30% lean Republican.
No it doesn't. I even quoted the relevant text.
That's a break down of whether the independents lean a certain way.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There are some easy take homes about -- poor, nonwhite, etc = disenfranchised, etc. for either overt or subtle reasons.
BUT, what if simultaneously this data suggest that the party system is just team sports excitement of voting, rather than voting itself.
People that vote aren't more informed, just more opinionated because they are aware a topic exists and have a side being fed to them :-X

Team sports will be what rolls in the apocalypse, Enock-O-Lypse Now! @ENOCK told me so.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I apologize, I misread.

Both sections of that block still demonstrate that non voters are more likely to be Democrats than Republicans.