Society Question for Trump Supporters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I apologize, I misread.

Both sections of that block still demonstrate that non voters are more likely to be Democrats than Republicans.
They are no likely to be democrat than the average population.
They are more likely to be independent than the average population.
And the results are unweighted, where this population is markedly younger and less white and should also be compared to a voting population of the same age to determine if nonvoting/voting or age had the impact.

Summmarized:

When checking on their political leaning of these non voters what you see an exchange of Republican party for independent non-party thinking. They do not lean Democrat more. They lean Republican less. It is also not nearly universal. In fact, it appears that non-voters are less politically leaning than any other group.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Uninformed people are less likely to be motivated to vote. Uniformed people almost universally support a particular political leaning.

I don't care who people do or dont vote for, but when a political party attempts to change the rules of the game that's an issue.
Again I ask, why is it more beneficial to a certain party if there is early voting? Everyone can vote early, not just the uninformed people.

You’re also making a broad assumption that people who vote Democrat are uninformed. Do you actually believe this? Do you think that everyone who votes republican is vastly more “informed”. I would argue that it’s probably fairly equal in terms of percentages from both parties.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They are no likely to be democrat than the average population.
They are more likely to be independent than the average population.
And the results are unweighted, where this population is markedly younger and less white and should also be compared to a voting population of the same age to determine if nonvoting/voting or age had the impact.

Summmarized:
There's no independent party to vote for, doc. In absence of a third party they lean Democrat as demonstrated in the chart.

There's also an irony in the tact you're taking. Yesterday it was obstruction because Trump knows the GOP will never win another election if the format changes and today you're saying it's not to the Dems advantage.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I didnt say anything about early voting.
Splinty said:
Yes because his current charge is that those voting early and by mail in ballot (for which there are millions) should be discounted and suspect.

When the Democrats start calling normal parts of our elections corrupt I'll call them out too.

Except only one of those is inherently anti-democratic forcing my commentary.

Never heard of shift work? You don't know anyone that works 12 hour shifts (usually 7a-7pm) -- EMT, nurse, doctor, paramedic, machine shop, IT? that would benefit from early voting or mail in voting?

My county doesn't even have the current early polling stations online. I only know of one I am going to check out today because I "heard" they are early voting. I do not know their time or even if its going to work.
I am off today and will not be for the next 14 days afterwards.
Some of my family does not drive. I bring them around. My time is highly limited.
There are others much worse off than either of these situations.
And then you said:
Altering the voting system because it's exceedingly beneficial to your party also strikes me as undemocratic.

Yes, I know people who work shift work, many. Between early polls amd the legal right to leave work in order to vote they dont have any issue taking part in the democratic process.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
In absence of a third party they lean Democrat as demonstrated in the chart.
At the same rate as the general population and voters (51%vs50%)

1603205420941.png

Yesterday it was obstruction because Trump knows the GOP will never win another election if the format changes
Trump said that.
Point is that mail in ballots and early voting aren't corrupt. That remains my point.

d today you're saying it's not to the Dems advantage.
I'm letting the data guide me. Who said it wasn't to the dems advantage? nonvoters are overwhelming less affiliated with a party at the detriment to the GOP.

But that isn't what you said " Uninformed people are less likely to be motivated to vote. Uniformed people almost universally support a particular political leaning."

They literally don't. It isn't true. I have the documents.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
And then you said:
Altering the voting system because it's exceedingly beneficial to your party also strikes me as undemocratic.

Yes, I know people who work shift work, many. Between early polls amd the legal right to leave work in order to vote they dont have any issue taking part in the democratic process.
I'm good, thanks.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
At the same rate as the general population and voters (51%vs50%)

View attachment 18032

Trump said that.
Point is that mail in ballots and early voting aren't corrupt. That remains my point.

I'm letting the data guide me. Who said it wasn't to the dems advantage? nonvoters are overwhelming less affiliated with a party at the detriment to the GOP.

But that isn't what you said " Uninformed people are less likely to be motivated to vote. Uniformed people almost universally support a particular political leaning."

They literally don't. It isn't true. I have the documents.
There's no third party. I'm not sure why you're pretending that's not relevant to the discussion. I also didn't say anything about the alternatives being corrupt.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
We want everyone to vote who is eligible to vote.
And they can. Got stations set up and everything. Even early days in case you can't make it on the actual day. The move to have people vote from home is a plain as day political one.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
And they can. Got stations set up and everything. Even early days in case you can't make it on the actual day.
Some entire counties have allegedly 1 location, and they don't advertise it. It's like they are purposely making it hard to vote.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Some entire counties have allegedly 1 location, and they don't advertise it. It's like they are purposely making it hard to vote.
And that's a major issue that can be easily addressed within the confines of the current system.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
This is another case of Illegal/Legal immigration.
Can we not separate mail in vote by requesting a ballot and mass mail ballot distribution?
The rules have definitely changed

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It only changed in the last couple months
No actually voting has changed over time since the inception of our country. Don't ignore history.

Side note, did you receive your ballots? As anecdotal as it may be, some people I know whom are forced to live behind enemy lines in California have already voted.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
No actually voting has changed over time since the inception of our country. Don't ignore history.

Side note, did you receive your ballots? As anecdotal as it may be, some people I know whom are forced to live behind enemy lines in California have already voted.
Yeah received it on Friday or so.
holding of on voting until they vote in ACB. Supreme Court seats were why I supported trump 4 years ago. If they don’t get her in before election I’ll never support a republican ever again.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah received it on Friday or so.
holding of on voting until they vote in ACB. Supreme Court seats were why I supported trump 4 years ago. If they don’t get her in before election I’ll never support a republican ever again.
Who are you thinking if you don't vote for T-Dawg?