Quick, easy and cheap high protein recipe ideas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Fijian Omelet

Chop a palm full of onions
Chop chilies/peppers to taste (optional)
Brown onions
then add chilies as onions are almost done
crack in 6 whole eggs into the frying pan and fry to the desired consistency

Ta da! 36g of protein in under 10 mins prep and cooking time for around $3

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015

Ive subbed this guy on youtube, has some great ideas, not fan of the sweet stuff tho

Oh that video is 122g of protein across 4 servings, I make it once a week and add fresh chopped onion instead of onion salt, which came about cause I forgot to get onion salt the first time.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
If you guys can afford decent steak for all your meals then go for it. I try to get 3 or 4 steaks in per week which us over $100 cause I feed my kids what I eat. Which brings me to a totally different point which is that raising your kids as vegans is child abuse.

There's a few such kids in our circles and they are the most undersized lethargic weakling poor kids ive ever seen. No meat, dairy or seafood tsk tsk

Chocolate Shatner

Chief Metallurgist to King Charles V of Spain
Oct 30, 2016
I eat steak at most once a month, and have gone months without a single bite of beef.

That being said, I'll eat the fuck outta chickens. My son knows every time we go to the store, run to the frozen section, grab the big bag of frozen boneless thighs.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I eat steak at most once a month, and have gone months without a single bite of beef.

That being said, I'll eat the fuck outta chickens. My son knows every time we go to the store, run to the frozen section, grab the big bag of frozen boneless thighs.
Sweet Ive got to up my defrosting game, frozen meat is like 50 percent cheaper here.

Try marinading towel dried chicken thighs in honey, lemon, crushed garlic, s&p and crushed chilies onite then slowly pan fry on very low heat.

27g per 100g of chicken

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Sweet Ive got to up my defrosting game, frozen meat is like 50 percent cheaper here.

Try marinading towel dried chicken thighs in honey, lemon, crushed garlic, s&p and crushed chilies onite then slowly pan fry on very low heat.

27g per 100g of chicken
I can give you a great curry recipe with frozen chicken and Patak curry sauce if you like.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I can give you a great curry recipe with frozen chicken and Patak curry sauce if you like.
If I ever want to venture down the path of lunch meat sandwiches garnished with tomato sauce Ill inbox you.

Seriously that faux curry you made was plain terrible mate no Briton has any excuse for such a bad curry, you have enough south asians over there.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

27g per 100g of chicken
Going to try your recipe. I eat a lot of pan fried chicken. Usually just season with Lemon Pepper Chili Powder and Lime juice.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Going to try your recipe. I eat a lot of pan fried chicken. Usually just season with Lemon Pepper Chili Powder and Lime juice.
Yours sounds fine mate if you like it then stick with it, Ill give it a try myself but I cant eat any meat without garlic these days (well since $1 jars of fresh garlic showed up at aldi)

Anyways chicken is definitely the best meat P4P in terms of price vs protein content/availability so as many recipes as you can get the better off you are.

For real cheap chicken learn how to fillet chicken drumsticks, its what most chinese takeaways use so if cooked right its okay tasting plus it might as well be free. Im not that broke yet.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Protein per 100g below

Chicken - 27g
Beef - 26g
Lamb - 25g
Eggs - 13g (average egg is about 50g shelled)
Fish (Atlantic salmon) - 22g
Prawns/shrimp - 25g
Parmesan Cheese - 38g

Now thats 100g, personally in my unlearned opinion if youre eating any of the above in 100g servings (except the eggs and cheese) youre not eating enough the average steak Id buy is about 380g, each serving of chicken 250g on average so some simple maths for my mate Passive Jay @Passive Jay

Breakfast - 4 eggs @ 6g each = 24g ($1.33)

Mid morning meal - 250g chicken = 67g ($1.75)

lunch - steak 380g = 95g ($9)

Afternoon meal = 200g pan fried fish topped with 50g Parmesan cheese - 63g ($6)

Dinner - 500g of shrimp (yes you can damn it- I did it out of boredom yesterday not even hungry) - 50g ($7 - get the imported from the Mekong sewers stuff)

Thats almost 300g of protein there, when you look at it like that it starts to become apparent that supplements arent necessary, you could easily wash down a few of those with a tall glass of milk and dial back some of the portion sizes (too if youre a small Vietnamese woman who cant stomach that much food. ) You also dont need that much protein, nowhere near it in fact I dont think the 1g per LB of BW stuff really matters its just a guide imo.

All that on $25 per day Aussie money, obviously eating more eggs, drinking more milk and less steak will bring your spend down drastically, produce is way cheaper in the US than Aus so youll be fine imo

Oh please note thats^^^ not a meal plan its just a whey to get your protein in without taking bullshit processed garbage

Edit - ON Gold Standard is $53 for a 2LB sack, there you go...

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
what about soy meat?
Ive read some pretty compelling evidence that soy is an estrogen booster (sorry about the bro science term)

If you look at the populations who traditionally eat a lot of soy youll notice that the men are quite feminine compared to those who eat it least but thats neither here nor there.

I made this last night, not going to bother with the macros since Im not tracking them this week but this took me all of 10 mins prep time, 40 mins passive cooking IE simmering

1.15KG chicken thighs $3.45
A jar of cheap pasta sauce $2
tube of 99% crushed garlic $2.50 (kinda bad idea, shit wasnt 99% for sure)
1 onion IDK 20c?
Salt and pepper

First fry the onions until brown
Add chicken thighs and salt and pepper to taste and brown off
now add crushed/chopped/whole garlic to taste (trust me fuck the packet stuff if youre lazy just throw the cloves in unpeeled)
continue browning which should be real soon, you dont want to cook them through just get some crust on the chicken
now add the tomato pasta sauce sauce reduce to a simmer and cook until the meat starts falling apart
Serve over a bed of rice or pasta
*Thighs with the bone in will always taste better than boneless thighs but I just get whats on special

There's 10 x 31g protein meals in that for well under $10

Optimum Nutrition can go fuck their mothers

Last edited by a moderator:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Chicken meat
Uncle Ben's sweet n sour sauce
Rice

Cut up the chicken and cook in a pan. Add the sauce. Boil the rice.

Serve together.

Works even better if you boil the chicken first.