Quick, easy and cheap high protein recipe ideas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chocolate Shatner

Chief Metallurgist to King Charles V of Spain
Oct 30, 2016
Leigh, we've got to talk about your obsession with dipping your meat into boiling water. You're worrying me, brah

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
this does sound like straight up bro science.
It absolutely is but lets compare the lean muscle mass between the average Taiwanese 25 year old male with average 25 year old Nigerian male remembering that the earliest cultivation of soy beans in Africa was the late 19th century vs the 3rd century BC in East Asia.

Thats some more bro science for you, here even more bro science for you Johnny, soy contains phytoestrogens and produces equol in the gut which is a strong anti-androgen.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
It absolutely is but lets compare the lean muscle mass between the average Taiwanese 25 year old male with average 25 year old Nigerian male remembering that the earliest cultivation of soy beans in Africa was the late 19th century vs the 3rd century BC in East Asia.
By this reasoning, potatoes give you fair skin.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
By this reasoning, potatoes give you fair skin.
LOL no. If you can point me to any scientific evidence of that like I did with soy and testosterone reduction then yes maybe.

Polynesians are basically taiwanese without any soy look it up.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
LOL no. If you can point me to any scientific evidence of that like I did with soy and testosterone reduction then yes maybe.

Polynesians are basically taiwanese without any soy look it up.
The logic that Taiwanese people discovered soy before Nigerians and this accounts for the difference in average physiques is extremely specious.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
The logic that Taiwanese people discovered soy before Nigerians and this accounts for the difference in average physiques is extremely specious.
Agree its not the soy but some other phenomenon that causes femininity is that population of males.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015

Ive subbed this guy on youtube, has some great ideas, not fan of the sweet stuff tho

Oh that video is 122g of protein across 4 servings, I make it once a week and add fresh chopped onion instead of onion salt, which came about cause I forgot to get onion salt the first time.
Yep I like his recipes. Cheap and filling.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Americans consume more junk food than the Japanese and therefore suffer obesity at a higher rate.

If the above was true would that be extremely specious?

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I believe pulverized crickets in a circular quinoa bread-like bagel smothered in cream cheese with a bit of salmon would be a fine choice for someone looking to get away from soy and reduce their gynecomastia. Don't know if it would help the testicular atrophy or the inclination towards interior design.

Chocolate Shatner

Chief Metallurgist to King Charles V of Spain
Oct 30, 2016
I believe pulverized crickets in a circular quinoa bread-like bagel smothered in cream cheese with a bit of salmon would be a fine choice for someone looking to get away from soy and reduce their gynecomastia. Don't know if it would help the testicular atrophy or the inclination towards interior design.
I've found a pic of someone who enjoys such a dish

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Protein per 100g below

Chicken - 27g
Beef - 26g
Lamb - 25g
Eggs - 13g (average egg is about 50g shelled)
Fish (Atlantic salmon) - 22g
Prawns/shrimp - 25g
Parmesan Cheese - 38g

Now thats 100g, personally in my unlearned opinion if youre eating any of the above in 100g servings (except the eggs and cheese) youre not eating enough the average steak Id buy is about 380g, each serving of chicken 250g on average so some simple maths for my mate Passive Jay @Passive Jay

Breakfast - 4 eggs @ 6g each = 24g ($1.33)

Mid morning meal - 250g chicken = 67g ($1.75)

lunch - steak 380g = 95g ($9)

Afternoon meal = 200g pan fried fish topped with 50g Parmesan cheese - 63g ($6)

Dinner - 500g of shrimp (yes you can damn it- I did it out of boredom yesterday not even hungry) - 50g ($7 - get the imported from the Mekong sewers stuff)

Thats almost 300g of protein there, when you look at it like that it starts to become apparent that supplements arent necessary, you could easily wash down a few of those with a tall glass of milk and dial back some of the portion sizes (too if youre a small Vietnamese woman who cant stomach that much food. ) You also dont need that much protein, nowhere near it in fact I
Edit - ON Gold Standard is $53 for a 2LB sack, there you go...
Damn man. I just got 6 pounds for US $58 at Costco.

Buy a steak.

Boil it.

Why on earth would anyone boil a steak?

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
Just realised you sous vide. I am a fan. I've got one of the stick devices that you put in a large pan. Love it.