Quinton Jackson: Fighters can’t earn a living elsewhere ‘like you can in the UFC’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I agree, this is the strangest of the strangest that I can think of," he told a throng of media at the "Scena," on the old port. "I’ve never went through this type of fight before. I felt like I had to fight to get here. And it was a really tough fight."
"I talked to Dana on the phone the other day," he said. "Dana’s cool. I think we all grew up. I had some problems with some stuff I felt like I was receiving, and [UFC CEO] Lorenzo [Fertitta] and I, we talked about it. So this time if I feel like I should receive some stuff that I wasn’t getting before, I will talk about it first and see if we can’t get it fixed.
"Honestly there’s a lot worse shows out there than the UFC. People think that MMA fighters have been treated bad and stuff like that…there are people out there that don’t care about your one bit. At least in the UFC you can earn a pretty good living. Other places, I don’t see you earning no living like you earn in the UFC."
"And I’m just being real, I always try to keep it real," he said. "I thought that there was something better. I thought, ‘oh, I could go out there and do better.’ You got to try, though. I’m a fighter. One thing about me, I fight every day. I was born this way. I can’t help it. I fight everything. I’m not only a physical fighter…I’m the worst person to argue with, I fight everything."
"No, come on man," he said. "Obviously right after the [Lawal] fight I was upset that I didn’t knock him out. So I wanted to knock him out, but there really wasn’t anyone else in Bellator to fight really. But then I thought about it, and I was like [if we fought again] he ain’t going to try to do anything but the same thing that he did to [Cheick] Kongo, he’ll just stall you out and lay on top of you. They got nothing going on for them over there."

Quinton Jackson: Fighters can’t earn a living elsewhere ‘like you can in the UFC’ - MMA Fighting

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Company man rampage now...

until he decides to start crying again.

"At least in the UFC you can earn a pretty good living. Other places, I don’t see you earning no living like you earn in the UFC."
how much money did this asshole get from bellator? cup the balls rampage.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
His contract also stated that he'd receive four dollars per pay-per-view buy for everything over 190k buys. When he didn't hit that for his Bellator 120 bout, he was still given a $200,000 bonus according to the report. And there's a lot more where that came from - Jackson would get 30% of any Bellator gate over 400k if he was on the card, for one. Here's more
The deal, which
was negotiated with then-Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney, included a 2013 Tesla Sport worth $129,603, an additional $100,000 signing bonus and guaranteed fight purses beginning at $200,000 and maxing out at $300,000 for non-PPV fights, according to the complaint. Jackson also was to receive between $200,000 and $450,000 for a pay-per-view fight. Bellator also agreed to pay Jackson $50,000 "in the event that he did not receive a certain revenue amount from sponsorships," the complaint said.
His contract also stated that he'd receive four dollars per pay-per-view buy for everything over 190k buys. When he didn't hit that for his Bellator 120 bout, he was still given a $200,000 bonus according to the report. And there's a lot more where that came from - Jackson would get 30% of any Bellator gate over 400k if he was on the card, for one. Here's more:

• He got 35k an episode for a four-episode "Rampage 4 Real" reality show on Spike TV.
  • They were supposed to get him a screenwriter for a movie project, and he met with the president of Paramount in regards to "film opportunities"
  • He would make an appearance on the red carpet at the 2014 MTV video awards
  • The promotion paid 250k for a commercial spot on ESPN during the NBA playoffs advertising his PPV bout at Bellator 120
  • They spent 200k for the rights to a Rolling Stones song to use while advertising Rampage

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He'll be bitching about the UFC within 3 months, watch. Rampage is just one of those self-entitled dudes that always thinks the grass is greener. He'll never be satisfied.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
"I talked to Dana on the phone the other day," he said. "Dana’s cool. I think we all grew up. I had some problems with some stuff I felt like I was receiving, and [UFC CEO] Lorenzo [Fertitta] and I, we talked about it. So this time if I feel like I should receive some stuff that I wasn’t getting before, I will talk about it first and see if we can’t get it fixed."

So he doesn't even have the deal inked yet? Nothing in writing? Going off BLAF & Tiny Swole's word? Yeah...good luck w/ that Rampage.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He'll be bitching about the UFC within 3 months, watch. Rampage is just one of those self-entitled dudes that always thinks the grass is greener. He'll never be satisfied.
3 months is a stretch. Fabio will knock him out and send him packing.

I mentioned before I can't understand why a fighter who has regressed as much as he has can command such large fees. he used to be great but he hasn't had a great performance in a long time. And then you see guys like, say mighty mouse, faber, Mcdonald, even hunt bringing home less. I used them as a mix of skill and fan favorites, yet rampage gets more.

And for what?

Because he howls on his walkout and he was great back in the day? They need to reward the stars of today, not try to sell ppv on the back of guys who are not top 15

Sorry for the rant

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^ GREAT rant. Agreed. Overpaid and overhyped like a mofo.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm not hating. I loved rampage. He's not top 15 anymore, so why should he be paid a 100 grand more than the guys who are? I could unastan if his fights were great but let's be honest recently they triggered my narcolepsy

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I also loved Rampage, still a fan. I agree that he is no longer a top 10 fighter and he will not win this fight. However, he is still a big draw and I think he should get paid pretty well for all the tickets he sells. He is still very charismatic and well known. Right or wrong, he is probably more well known that most of the top fighters in any of the weight classes. He should earn $$$ based on that too. Personally, I would rather see him match up against other legends who are past their prime. He is not going to make a serious title run, but he can have some fun fights, sell lots of tickets, and make that money!

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Does this dude know that everyone saw his ridiculous Bellator contract?