Quinton Jackson: 'I really do think that I fought my last fight'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

During an appearance on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, longtime Pride, UFC and Bellator veteran Quinton Jackson said we might have seen the last of him in the cage.

The 37-year old "Rampage" Jackson alluded to his retirement throughout the interview, and said his decision to potentially hang up the gloves would come down to how the lawsuit played out between him and Viacom.

"I really do think that I fought my last fight," he told Ariel Helwani. "Because, you guys weren't in the mediation with me when Viacom said what they want for me to settle. I felt like it was lopsided and my attorney felt like it was lopsided. I don't think I can tell you [what it was], but I could sue them for a lot of money. Because I lost a lot of money. And they want to settle, I was like wow.

"I don't think I can tell you guys, but if I ever find out I can tell you, I'll put it out there. But I don't think I can."

LINK: Quinton Jackson: 'I really do think that I fought my last fight' - MMA Fighting

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Well, yeah, you lead yourself into a legal quagmire through poor choices, that could take longer than you have left in your career to resolve.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
His deal looked pretty damn sweet even without the production deal but if he wants to go out on that last 'fight' more power to him.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
His deal looked pretty damn sweet even without the production deal but if he wants to go out on that last 'fight' more power to him.
It looked sweet, but Bellator were never going to do those numbers under Bjorn, which Rampage never realized. Then he gets fed up before giving Coker a chance. Rampage would have made bank on the Dynamite show from his 30% of gate.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
They fed him a lot of bullshit by the sound of it. Turned out the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
it sucks, but rampage put himself in this situation.. legal battles last for ever. the man could have been making money similar to what tito is making.. probably not as good as what the ufc made him, but now he is leaving a shitload of money on the table. it sucks.

HammerFist

Oct 5, 2015
I don't know why they would sign a contract without having a right to terminate it, if the promotion does not book a fight in 1-2 years.... Seems like that would be in the fighters best interest.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't know why they would sign a contract without having a right to terminate it, if the promotion does not book a fight in 1-2 years.... Seems like that would be in the fighters best interest.
Yeah I dont know why managers dont demand an exit clause.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Update: A few days later and now Jackson wants to fight for Bellator so they can put him on Fedor's NYE card. And that's why I don't like Quentin.

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
I've always enjoyed watching him fight, from hype to fight..
But damn he's a polarizing figure lol