General Radio station pulls Baby, It's Cold Outside from airwaves, sparks internet firestorm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
any job done to the best of one's ability deserves merit. this includes show and ho business. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas to All!

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Amazing Local Radio station a mile from my house...no commercials and really huge library of music...2 hour blocks of different music and cool ass Volunteer DJ's
I might end up doing a Block myself someday
Listener funded Radio...I pitch em a few hundred every year and we listen 6 nights of 7 as background music

But yes the popular Radio Model of commercials and subpar content is dying...I don't listen to that crap

That's awesome and the way it should be! (Listener Funded Radio), my main issue is the big Corporate assholes like Clear Channel Communications who also owns iHeartRadio or iHeartMedia which own the majority of local stations across the United States - they own most Pop/Rock/Country stations in just about every major market --- they are the reason if you hit the scan button on the radio and you go from station to station you hear the same set of songs played over and over again....they loop the same songs they want listeners to listen to they build up their own stars by doing this as well.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's awesome and the way it should be! (Listener Funded Radio), my main issue is the big Corporate assholes like Clear Channel Communications who also owns iHeartRadio or iHeartMedia which own the majority of local stations across the United States - they own most Pop/Rock/Country stations in just about every major market --- they are the reason if you hit the scan button on the radio and you go from station to station you hear the same set of songs played over and over again....they loop the same songs they want listeners to listen to they build up their own stars by doing this as well.
yep that is lame
real stations are super rare now

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
LMAO! @ #METOO!

Yeah its a little rapey, especially the end of the song where she tries to rape him!
But WGAF about a song from 1944? Jeez. Society.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Looks like this is the tip of the iceberg.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' sparks debate over bullying, bigotry

A classic holiday special has some viewers seeing red this year.

According to the Washington Post, critics of the 1964 movie "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" are taking to social media to blast the film, claiming it promotes bullying and bigotry.

The controversy appeared to take flight Wednesday after HuffPost tweeted a video titled "Rudolph the Marginalized Reindeer." The post highlighted what some believe are "problematic" scenes from the movie.

"Former fans are pointing out Rudolph's father verbally abuses him," the video says, later adding that "Clarice's dad is a bigot."

"It's that time of year to really consider the meaning of Rudolph and how in the culture it's okay to bully someone until the thing that makes them strange is useful to everyone else. Always a horrible story,"

"Santa let them bully Rudolph and joined in the shaming until his freak disability became useful,"

"The true message of Rudolph isn't that weirdness is bad until it can be exploited," podcaster Joshua D. Scroggin tweeted. "It's that everyone has value, and you shouldn't be mean to someone just because they're different. It's a lesson for the bullies, not the bullied."

Even public figures from opposite sides of the political spectrum – Donald Trump Jr. and Whoopi Goldberg – seemed to support Rudolph.

"Rudolph's the hero!" Goldberg said Thursday. "What's the problem?!"

Trump Jr., meanwhile, simply retweeted the HuffPost video with the caption: "Liberalism is a disease."

Christmas, that time of the year where a bunch of lonely entitled privileged brats whine about everything to feel useful to the social collective.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Watching 231 on mute with KRVM playing in the background!

Thanks for the link Rambo John J @Rambo John J
Oops not really a Door hour...to some pretty boy 60s shit lol...still interesting stuff sometimes
guess it wasn't all doors...just the opening 34 minutes of the block
this DJ can be pretty good though

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
It’s back on at CBC now.

CBC Radio returns ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ to its holiday lineup

What's your favorite Christmas song?

Mine is the one where the guy wants to celebrate the birth of Jesus by getting a chick drunk, convincing her to stay the night and fuck like rabbits even though she's really worried about what her uptight friends will say about her being a little slutty and giving it up to Fred in accounting on their first date.

View: https://youtu.be/EJBFD-Wvc7U

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
That song written today would be as proper as old Sean Connery movies where he forces himself on women. It only gets a pass because it's so old just like Sean's movies do.