Rafael Lovato Jr on our podcast in April

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Some time away as Chris is on holiday currently.
Help.
What do I need to know about him?
How big a star is he in the BJJ world?

Thanks!

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
He's really good at bjj. I think he's a Machado and Ribeiro guy. One of the few Americans to ever win the Brazillian Nationals. He just blasted a dude in Bellator in like 15/20 seconds or something crazy. I'm really curious to see how his MMA career progresses.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
He's really good at bjj. I think he's a Machado and Ribeiro guy. One of the few Americans to ever win the Brazillian Nationals. He just blasted a dude in Bellator in like 15/20 seconds or something crazy. I'm really curious to see how his MMA career progresses.
I saw the Bellator fight but really don't know that much about BJJ 'stars'
Chris, my podcast partner, is very excited and says he is top 5 in the world but I have no idea!

M

member 603

Awesome guy, you got the stats from everyone here who posted it.... But personally he's a super nice guy. Incredible grappler, ask him if he's planning on making a ADCC run again or if he's solely focusing on MMA. What does he think of today's style of BJJ tournaments (heavy leg lock, no gi focused, sub only tournaments, guard pulls primarily). Who does he think is the next upcoming BJJ star.... What's he think about the DDS team dominance in the Grappling world.

Seriously I'm stoked you guys get to talk with him... There are some phenomenal BJJ guys and legends who are starting to transition into MMA, a lot of the uneducated public don't have a chance to learn about them, so I'm glad that you're having him on.