General Raise your hand if you make less than $200k/yr

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

And the bill that just passed, which will add 87,000 IRS agents to audit all of us who make less than that, scares the shit out of you?

Those Goodwill "donations" and "receipts" are going to come back to haunt me. I can feel it.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I thought they sold this as a way to go after high earners? Is the $200k thing written in the bill or is it just an assumption because the IRS will always target the low hanging fruit if you let them - mainly the folks who can't afford legal fees to dispute audits.

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought they sold this as a way to go after high earners? Is the $200k thing written in the bill or is it just an assumption because the IRS will always target the low hanging fruit if you let them - mainly the folks who can't afford legal fees to dispute audits.
There is language to discourage use against people with earnings less than 400k. However, with the way this is coming through the budget process, they can't be as specific with how to spend the money.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
“According to expert analysis, it will supercharge the IRS with 87,000 new IRS agents to target Americans with 1.2 million new audits, more than half of which would be for people making less than $75,000 a year,”

Read in a couple of articles that the new tax hikes are for people making below $200k/yr and the audits will target the middle/lower class. In the interest of full disclosure, I have not read the bill but will try to do so today.

1659970309559.png

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Did I tell you guys I haven't earned a single penny since December?

I should be back at work next Monday.

Then you will discover the true dark side of the song

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There is language to discourage use against people with earnings less than 400k. However, with the way this is coming through the budget process, they can't be as specific with how to spend the money.
You have a dodge viper

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
This will just be more of the same then. The vast majority of IRS audits are against households making $75k or less.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
tree fiddy

per week

Last edited:

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This will just be more of the same then. The vast majority of IRS audits are against households making $75k or less.
Chicken or the egg. The IRS says they don't currently have the capacity/funding to proportionally do complex audits on higher end targets. This could give them what they need.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Chicken or the egg. The IRS says they don't currently have the capacity/funding to proportionally do complex audits on higher end targets. This could give them what they need.
It could. But it won't.
They'll still go for the easy targets.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
and do you think that's how the resources will be used, or will you be pleasantly surprised in the event they are?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Don't cheat on your taxes and you won't have problems
I do my own taxes. It's a bitch. They need to get rid of all the mental gymnastic exercises and just do a flat tax across the board.

Fuck deductions.
Fuck rebates.

If the gov't wants to incentivize initiatives, just do a mail-in rebate like when I get $2 off my case of Budweiser by sending them the UPC code in the mail.

Life just doesn't need to be this difficult. Expand the IRS? How about we get rid of it? Fucking leaches.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I do my own taxes. It's a bitch. They need to get rid of all the mental gymnastic exercises and just do a flat tax across the board.

Fuck deductions.
Fuck rebates.

If the gov't wants to incentivize initiatives, just do a mail-in rebate like when I get $2 off my case of Budweiser by sending them the UPC code in the mail.

Life just doesn't need to be this difficult. Expand the IRS? How about we get rid of it? Fucking leaches.
This brings tears to my eyes.