Ralph wanted for assault on Flavio

Discussion in 'Grappling Forum' started by Filthy, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. RaginCajun

RaginCajun I Like Gifs

Ratings:
    +34,531
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Carbazel

Carbazel Freelance MMA Analyst

Ratings:
    +942
    @Rhino@Rhino did you see this news?

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. SC MMA MD

SC MMA MD Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +8,890
    This is going to be an issue for him, both civil and criminal. At the least, it is going to be expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rhino

Rhino Channel Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,679
    Yeah... Can't say I'm surprised, I'm just surprised that it didn't get resolved before it got to this point.

6. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    you don't know the Ralph of it.

:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    His 'defense' is pathetic.
    There's no way he's going to convince a jury that Flavio was making actionable threats in the moments before he threw the elbow.
    Or that Flavio continued to be a threat while he and Lincoln were putting the boots to him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    they also refer to Lincoln Jeferson Peiria as a student of Ralph's - but he used to represent Renzo's Academy.

wonder if he's training with Ralph or just happened to be there and know Ralph...

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Kneeblock

Kneeblock Jumbo shrimp

Ratings:
    +18,140
    All of Robson's kids have gotten away with nonsense over the years. Renzo always says it was total anarchy growing up and they basically raised themselves. Ralph, Ryan, and even always smiling Renzo himself, not to mention Flavia are all a little nutty.

10. JonJonesBeard

JonJonesBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +27,113
    It's exactly the kind of machismo that created BJJ. The funny thing about it, is that they fired Kurt because he didn't want to be a part of corporate jiu jitsu, and then Ralph hops in the Hot Tub Time Machine and beats up a guy like it's the 80's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rhino

Rhino Channel Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,679
    LITTLE??? Look they're all batshit crazy, with moments of awesomeness sandwiched in between.

I've always considered the art, respected the art, but never really hero worshipped people.... I know why I started Jiu Jitsu, and I know and respect the flag I fly, but if I truly looked into the people behind it (or ANYTHING for that matter), I'll find (as we all would) a tainted past. I am a Royce Gracie lineage black belt, I represent Team Royce Gracie in the IBJJF... And I'll be the first person to tell you how Royce fucked up.... Why? Because people aren't deities, human nature will fuck things up.

Ralph is an idiot for what he did.... I'm not mad at ANY Gracie for backing Ralph because that family is backing their blood... And every single person in BJJ has either come from a tainted legacy, or has had a tainted legacy, or is in the process of doing something fucked up currently (LOL).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    FRAT:

We all come from taint.

13. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    Looks like Ralph is hiding in Brazil, wonder how this will affect his affiliation.
    But there's a felony warrant out, so they'll arrest him at the border and seize his passport.

14. Rhino

Rhino Channel Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,679
    His affiliates were out at World's, so I think they'll be ok (or join Cesar or Renzo's team). This whole situation is a shit show, at this point, he needs to just turn himself in, running on a warrant is just stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Filthy

Filthy ZBM2.

Ratings:
    +13,068
    Agree. I think it's going to be hard for his affiliates to get/retain students when the school owner is on the lam in a foreign country as a result of a felony assault charge.

He probably could have lawyered up and got off pretty light..."heat of the moment" or whatever.

But he's going to pay full-freight if he wants to come back the US now.

16. Kneeblock

Kneeblock Jumbo shrimp

Ratings:
    +18,140
    Anyone else who clicked through to this article find it weird Flavio is quoting Jordan Peterson in his Instagram post with his teeth knocked out?

17. tang

tang be here now

Ratings:
    +9,141
    heard from a friend who's under Ralph, that even Carlos is like fuck squashing, Ralph needs to get caught.

also some of the guys under Ralph is training in Gracie Barra around LA, how's that work? are they not mentioning that they're from Ralph?

18. KWingJitsu

KWingJitsu ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?

Ratings:
    +12,537
    Guess that Gomi knee didn't teach him a lesson in humility after all .....

This must be weird for Ricardo Almeida Flavio's brother who is/was like Renzo's kid ...

Draft saved Draft deleted