Rampage thought King Mo rematch was at Catchweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

On a conference call Wednesday to promote Bellator 175, Jackson and Lawal kicked things off by arguing about their usual topic of conversation. Lawal accused Jackson of “looking kinda old” and “kinda fat” ahead of the rematch, while Jackson brushed off the criticism and warned that he would be walking into the cage at a far heavier weight than his foe. But then something curious happened.

Lawal, after calling Jackson a “fat and sloppy” fighter who “fell off,” explained that Bellator offered him the fight at a 235-pound catchweight, but Lawal turned it down in favor of a heavyweight contest because he wasn’t worried about the extra weight.

“Guess what? You ain’t fighting me at heavyweight,” Jackson then said. “You fighting me at a catchweight.”

“No. Heavyweight, player. Ain’t no catchweight here,” Lawal responded. “It’s at heavyweight, dog. Two-sixty-five is the weight class. Heavyweight. I don’t do no catchweights.”

“Wait, wait, you’re telling me I can weigh 265?” Jackson said. “Is this what you’re telling me?”

“Yes. Yes, you can,” Lawal replied. “Ain’t no catchweight. I ain’t no ho. I don’t do no catchweight. Man, hell no.”

“I was told the fight was at catchweight,” Jackson said.

Jackson was then asked to clarify his comments later in the call. Was he actually under the impression that he was preparing for a 235-pound catchweight contest?

“I was told this was a catchweight,” Jackson told MMA Fighting. “I don’t know if my coach is lying to me or what. I was told that this was a catchweight, that I had to weigh 235.”

‘Rampage’ mistakenly thought Bellator rematch against Lawal was a catchweight

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

On a conference call Wednesday to promote Bellator 175, Jackson and Lawal kicked things off by arguing about their usual topic of conversation. Lawal accused Jackson of “looking kinda old” and “kinda fat” ahead of the rematch, while Jackson brushed off the criticism and warned that he would be walking into the cage at a far heavier weight than his foe. But then something curious happened.

Lawal, after calling Jackson a “fat and sloppy” fighter who “fell off,” explained that Bellator offered him the fight at a 235-pound catchweight, but Lawal turned it down in favor of a heavyweight contest because he wasn’t worried about the extra weight.

“Guess what? You ain’t fighting me at heavyweight,” Jackson then said. “You fighting me at a catchweight.”

“No. Heavyweight, player. Ain’t no catchweight here,” Lawal responded. “It’s at heavyweight, dog. Two-sixty-five is the weight class. Heavyweight. I don’t do no catchweights.”

“Wait, wait, you’re telling me I can weigh 265?” Jackson said. “Is this what you’re telling me?”

“Yes. Yes, you can,” Lawal replied. “Ain’t no catchweight. I ain’t no ho. I don’t do no catchweight. Man, hell no.”

“I was told the fight was at catchweight,” Jackson said.

Jackson was then asked to clarify his comments later in the call. Was he actually under the impression that he was preparing for a 235-pound catchweight contest?

“I was told this was a catchweight,” Jackson told MMA Fighting. “I don’t know if my coach is lying to me or what. I was told that this was a catchweight, that I had to weigh 235.”

‘Rampage’ mistakenly thought Bellator rematch against Lawal was a catchweight
Coaches shrewd attempt to keep Rampage in a less obese state?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
how much do they walk at> i wouldve thought rampage was 235. so catchweight or heavyweight, he isnt dropping anyway

and mo is smaller, no?

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
how much do they walk at> i wouldve thought rampage was 235. so catchweight or heavyweight, he isnt dropping anyway

and mo is smaller, no?
Rampage has always been known to blow up to the 250s in the past. There's no telling how big he's gotten if he's finally lifting weights on top of his normal "getting fat in the offseason."

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how the fuck do you not know this? rampage always surrounds himself with idiots like juanito and tiki. the best he ever did was when he was with colin oyama or the guys from wolfslair.they seemed to keep on top of him better

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Rampage getting arrested with a big ass picture of himself on the truck he was driving is still the funniest rampage moment.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Rampage has always been known to blow up to the 250s in the past. There's no telling how big he's gotten if he's finally lifting weights on top of his normal "getting fat in the offseason."
He is 1000 percent not lifting weights.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
King mo and his tiara will easily win this.......won't last more than 1 round

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
King mo and his tiara will easily win this.......won't last more than 1 round
You think Mo is gonna finish Rampage within 5 minutes? How so? Last guy to finish him was Jones. You have to go back to 2005 for the one before that when Shogun soccer kicked him. I don't watch much of Mo as I find him rather boring so maybe I'm missing something.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You think Mo is gonna finish Rampage within 5 minutes? How so? Last guy to finish him was Jones. You have to go back to 2005 for the one before that when Shogun soccer kicked him. I don't watch much of Mo as I find him rather boring so maybe I'm missing something.
He doesn't pick fights with logic.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
That was a smooth move on the part of whoever is coaching him. Now that he knows the truth, bet the house on Mo.

Nov 21, 2015
how the fuck do you not know this? rampage always surrounds himself with idiots like juanito and tiki. the best he ever did was when he was with colin oyama or the guys from wolfslair.they seemed to keep on top of him better
He said his managers lied to him on purpose