Society Rand Paul Awarded Over $580K Damages In Assault Case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Rand Paul Awarded Over $580K Damages In Assault Case

Senator Rand Paul has been awarded over $580,000 in damages in the suit against the neighbor who assaulted him in Nov. 2017. The altercation, in which Sen. Paul broke six ribs, began as a dispute over a brush-pile on his property and culminated with his neighbor, Rene Boucher, tackling him from behind.

Boucher pleaded guilty in March to a federal charge of assaulting a member of Congress and had asked for probation.

He was sentenced in June to 30 days in federal prison for the assault. He was also ordered to one year of supervised release, a $10,000 fine, 100 hours of community service, and ordered to have no contact with Paul’s family.

Paul at the time said he thought Boucher should’ve faced a longer sentence for the attack, which kept Paul off Capitol Hill for nearly two weeks.

Shortly after the attack, Boucher’s attorney claimed the clash had “absolutely nothing to do” with politics, and was a dispute over something “trivial.”

Boucher, a retired anesthesiologist, said the attack was sparked because he was agitated about pilesof brush on Paul’s property. Boucher also claimed Paul used his lawnmower — on the same day as the attack — and blew some leaves onto his property, igniting his outrage.”

30 days in club fed for attacking another man from behind and breaking six ribs.
That's a class b felony in my book, guy should be doing 6 months.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I do too, but I ain’t gonna sue someone who assaults me. I’m gonna fight that fucker straight up.

#realtalk
580K might be an even bigger win...Rand is probably a pussy though so fighting wasn't really an option

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I do too, but I ain’t gonna sue someone who assaults me. I’m gonna fight that fucker straight up.

#realtalk
How competetive do you think that would be after having 6 of your ribs broke before you started?

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
How competetive do you think that would be after having 6 of your ribs broke before you started?
Oh, I’d heal up and make it happen on my time.

Ok, let’s be honest: I’m little more than a keyboard warrior. I would get my ass beat and then go back and blow the guy and then give him money and then apologize.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Rand had probably been fucking with the guy mercilessly; blowing leaves on his lawn? Come on.