Random background images on banner, etc,

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Feb 7, 2015
I get random images on the title banner and on some of the menus. Often, the images are other members' avatars, often tiled over and over. I am on Safari on an iPad.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Although I gotta admit, just Dougie's avatar in the banner is pretty fucking funny!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
LMAO.

Man, I don't even...How often does this happen?

I may have to create a theme that just turns off all the fancy features for apple products.

Down at the bottom left you can change to a test theme (called Pink). Its godawful ugly so you can't mistake it for anything but a testing option.

Select that, surf around. If it happen with that, I have no fix for you. It's the software and/or apple ipad.

If it doesn't happen, then maybe things like the chat add-on are breaking the ipad.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I get the same thing from time to time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
http://toolguyd.com/bug-notice-front-page-image-swaps-with-ipad-ios-8-and-safari/

There is nothing I can find on ToolGuyd’s end to resolve this. The only solution right now is for iPad iOS 8 users to download Chrome and use that as your browser instead of Safari.
If anyone has seen weird image-swapping issues with any other browser or device, please let me know! I assume that this issue might plague iPhone users who have updated to iOS 8 as well, but this is unconfirmed.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm sorry to laugh at yalls expense, but I'm still cracking up at the beaker avatar just taking over the whole damn site.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yeah, so apparently this is a safari iOS8 problem. Go post in that thread so apple doesn't think this is a fluke. And you could download chrome, some people said that fixes it.

Also note separate from your original problem, the advanced mobile seems to work best on android, but is experimental on all mobile devices.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty;n33443 said:
I'm sorry to laugh at yalls expense, but I'm still cracking up at the beaker avatar just taking over the whole damn site.

Fuck I'm laughing at it too, and I'm part owner of the place lol.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I Wild Each It;33457 said:
Fuck I'm laughing at it too, and I'm part owner of the place lol.
LOL when everyone had wrestling avatars mine looks like some crazy wwe site

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
YouHitaWallPushTruIt;n33455 said:
Is Advanced Mobile the only way to attach images on iPad?

you can attach images, but currently can't add them as thumbnails inline in the post. Just go back to default and poke around to see. It should work mostly fine on advanced mobile, but I'm suspect of that safari version now.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
MMAHAWK;n33465 said:
LOL when everyone had wrestling avatars mine looks like some crazy wwe site

:lmao:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Like I linked, its safari and ios8 jacking up images.
Go download chrome and happy surfing until apple updates