Raphael Assuncao, Sage Northcutt Both Return At UFC Fight Night In Virginia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

The UFC Fight Night card in Norfolk, Virginia continued to grow on Tuesday with a pair of bouts being added to the card taking place on Nov. 11.

Top five ranked bantamweight contender Raphael Assuncao will make his return to action against highly touted prospect Matthew Lopez.

Sage Northcutt will also make an appearance on the card as he faces off with Michel Quinones in a lightweight bout in Virginia....

Source/more:
Raphael Assuncao, Sage Northcutt Both Return at UFC Fight Night in Virginia | MMAWeekly.com

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

The UFC Fight Night card in Norfolk, Virginia continued to grow on Tuesday with a pair of bouts being added to the card taking place on Nov. 11.

Top five ranked bantamweight contender Raphael Assuncao will make his return to action against highly touted prospect Matthew Lopez.

Sage Northcutt will also make an appearance on the card as he faces off with Michel Quinones in a lightweight bout in Virginia....

Source/more:
Raphael Assuncao, Sage Northcutt Both Return at UFC Fight Night in Virginia | MMAWeekly.com
This may be Sages last chance. They're giving him a 145er coming off a loss as far as I can see. One of the nicest guys out there it seems but he's not delivering on the goods. UFC pulled the trigger too early with him I'd say.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
This may be Sages last chance. They're giving him a 145er coming off a loss as far as I can see. One of the nicest guys out there it seems but he's not delivering on the goods. UFC pulled the trigger too early with him I'd say.
If anybody need to be on TUF it was the kid..I was one of the first to pump this guys hype train.. his titty baby syndrome and refusal to leave to get better training is ruining him.. his dad also is too controlling

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If anybody need to be on TUF it was the kid..I was one of the first to pump this guys hype train.. his titty baby syndrome and refusal to leave to get better training is ruining him.. his dad also is too controlling
Agree. Iirc he signed for 40/40 right away? He could of really benefitted from a 6 week break (or however long the show is) from his pops and get some real rolling/sparring sessions in.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Agree. Iirc he signed for 40/40 right away? He could of really benefitted from a 6 week break (or however long the show is) from his pops and get some real rolling/sparring sessions in.
Yea he has been treated better than midst entry level fighters for obvious reasons from a marketing aspect... he hasn't evolved much in the last 2 years I've watched him..His chin is suspect, weak takedown D and his bjj isn't on par for the top level... he won't get any better if he doesn't spread his wings and get out of his dads clutches..

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
He's with TAM now. Might not be for long enough yet, though.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Sage is only 21. Maybe a handful of younger fighters be he has to be one of the youngest on the roster. He could be cut, spend a few years with a lower organization, come back and still be a young buck