Rare tiger cub 'shot by loggers' at point blank range in eastern Russia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Endangered Amur tigers are protected under President Vladimir Putin's special project.

'We saw a logging Kamaz [truck] three kilometres away and think the tiger was killed by loggers because they were the only people in the area.' Picture: Yury Zolotarev

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT!

Tourists found the dead tiger cub last week in Khabarovsk region and reported several days later that the rare creature had been shot at close range. Cyclists said the body of the Amur tiger - one of only 500 or so still living in the wild - was still warm when they saw it.

They had no phones to report the incident immediately and left the site fearing the cub's mother could be nearby and attack them.

'The cub must have been learning to hunt and jumped out onto the road. People who saw it must have been taken by surprise and fired shots,' said a man called Yevgeny, cited as a witness, told Kommersant daily.

'The cub must have been learning to hunt and jumped out onto the road. People who saw it must have been taken by surprise and fired shots.' Pictures: Yury Zolotarev, Mikhail Stal

'We saw a logging Kamaz [truck] three kilometres away and think the tiger was killed by loggers because they were the only people in the area. Although, of course, it might have been killed by poachers.'

They returned next day to the scene but could not find the tiger's body: it had disappeared.

President Putin has led a wildlife campaign to save the tiger, and new laws have significantly tightened penalties for killing the animal by poachers and others.

Numbers of the Amur tiger in the wild are now increasing both in Russia and neighbouring China, say experts.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That really sucks, but at least they weren't baiting it onto private property with the intent of hanging it's head on a mantel! I love, love, love the tigers!!

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Im ok with hunting non threatened animals but you should eat your kill. I also believe in the annual culling of piece of shit humans. Maybe for an entire year, the whole world can filter all their shit bags into one place, and for a hefty fee anyone can go to this place and hunt a human that has no business breathing anyway. Im kidding. Well kinda.....

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If a fucking rare tiger jumped out at me and I had a pistol I'd fucking shoot it to so I wasn't eatten.