Rashad Evans: If I fought 'that Rampage,' I'd catch him with a 'highlight reel' knockout

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I would definitely give 'Rampage' a rematch," Evans said. "That's a fight I'd really like to have. He came out there, he kind of looked alright. He had [some] things going on, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But I'll tell you what. If that 'Rampage' gets in front of me, woooo, I'm gonna highlight reel knock out on him."

Evans and Jackson fought in the main event of UFC 114 on May 29, 2010. The card drew more 1 million buys on pay-per-view, because of the intense rivalry between the pair, which was highlighted on The Ultimate Fighter 10. Evans and Jackson are also both former light heavyweight champions and two of the best fighters in the history of the weight class.

"Rampage" also said Saturday night on FOX Sports that he would be interested in fighting Evans again in the future. This was Jackson's first fight back in the UFC since January 2013. He won three straight in Bellator before attempting to terminate his contract, which landed him in litigation with the MMA promotion. A New Jersey judge allowed him to fight at UFC 186 this week, overturning a previous injuction.

Jackson's future remains cloudy, but he did some good things against Maldonado on Saturday night. "Rampage" did more kicking than usual and even threw in a head kick, something he has never done in his long, illustrious MMA career. Evans, though, thinks Jackson needs to go back to his bread and butter -- back to the PRIDE days.

"I think Rampage needs to get back to the old Rampage, picking people up and slamming them," Jackson said. "That's how he's gonna be a contender, to really break into the top five and to be a threat in this weight class."

Rashad Evans: If I fought 'that Rampage,' I'd catch him with a 'highlight reel' knockout - MMA Fighting

Well that's settled. Rashad gets Rampage on his come back fight

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The first fight didn't come close to living up to the hype, so I'm not buying into shit this time. If they come out and have a fight for the ages, I will be pleasantly surprised.

P

Punch

It'd be a lot fucking better than laying on top of him the majority of the fight not trying to finish, Rashad.

Especially after all that good shit y'all we're both talkin'!

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I'd definitely watch a rematch. The first fight was a safe fight for both. Now these guys have less to lose and are nearing the end, they'll want a signature win to add to the others.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'd definitely watch a rematch. The first fight was a safe fight for both. Now these guys have less to lose and are nearing the end, they'll want a signature win to add to the others.
Hope you're right if it does happen, because the first one was painful to watch.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
The first fight had a priomising opening, but then it fizzled out faster than a boner doused with ice water.