Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Quigley Down Under

Solid 7/10

Always thought it would be dogshit so never watched it.
Got older.... perhaps that was the key.

El Duderino

That's just like...your opinion, man
Nov 11, 2015
The Cider House Rules (1999) w/ Tobey Maguire, Michael Caine, Paul Rudd, Charlise Theron

"A compassionate young man, raised in an orphanage and trained to be a doctor there, decides to leave to see the world."

Great movie. It was nominated for best picture. Highly recommend this one.

8/10

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
The Meg (2018)

6/10

Pretty generic flick. No where near as thoughtful or suspenseful as Jaws. Runs to long for such a shallow script.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

Amazing documentary about the late great Fred Rodgers carreer and the start of a Televison program that changed many young lives including my own.

A defintive look into a man that genuinely cared about the younger generation beneath him and not knowing the impact he would leave on said kids and those ahead of them.

His program was a must see for me.

It taught me things no other adult could take the time to teach.

He Will always be a cornertone in my young life that will be with me thru adulthood.

9/10

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Amazing documentary about the late great Fred Rodgers carreer and the start of a Televison program that changed many young lives including my own.

A defintive look into a man that genuinely cared about the younger generation beneath him and not knowing the impact he would leave on said kids and those ahead of them.

His program was a must see for me.

It taught me things no other adult could take the time to teach.

He Will always be a cornertone in my young life that will be with me thru adulthood.

9/10

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Watched Flatliners the other night. The original from 1990.

Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon, William Baldwin, Oliver Platt

A group of medical students decided to explore what happens when you die by stopping their hearts on purpose for a period of time before having their friends resuscitate them. Predictably, bad shit happens when they open that "window".

It's OK. Maybe a 6/10.
You really need to turn your brain off for this one. You don't defib someone who has flatlined - which they did throughout the movie. But the scene I was most disappointed in was when they were trying to use the defib on Julia Roberts over her bra. That's a no-no. The bra has got to go.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Venom
I enjoyed this one. I'd put it in second place, behind deadpool. I haven't seen deadpool 2, so I can't compare them. It was great, for a pg13 movie.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

9/10 It’s a great movie. Animation is insane. Great visual gags and direction. Great action, great pace. Entertaining as hell.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Joaquin Phoenix has gone from an actor I would lean towards avoiding a movie of his to now anticipating every project he's involved with. This scene is one of my personal favourites from any movie over the last 20 years:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ma88XuilCQ
I think I have this at home but haven't watched it yet. May check it out later. My brother told me to watch it but I didn't yet.

Anyhow last movie I watched was the Goonies.

Not gonna lie it's charm is starting to fade a bit.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
I think I have this at home but haven't watched it yet. May check it out later. My brother told me to watch it but I didn't yet.

Anyhow last movie I watched was the Goonies.

Not gonna lie it's charm is starting to fade a bit.
Great movie, check it out when you've got some time to dive into a film for a couple hours without distractions.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Last movie venture I took was I went back and checked out the full Alien series because I was curious about the new ones and hadn't seen the old ones since I was a kid. It was interesting because I remember thinking that Alien was kind of lame and Aliens was pretty awesome, but never really cared much for the franchise or thought about it in a big way since then. After watching through them, good lord, Aliens is a giant piece of crap and James Cameron is the biggest hack filmmaker of his generation. Alien was great, interesting and unique and sucked you into the story. Aliens was every dumb cliché thrown at you in the book and was painful to watch. The third and fourth film were forgettable, nothing really of note there even though Fincher at least tried some shit in Alien 3 at least.

Then when it comes to Prometheus and Covenant, those movies get shat on pretty much across the board by everyone out there but I was completely into them and thought they were both head and shoulders above anything made since the first Alien movie. The stories were interesting, the acting was great, the pacing was a slow burn but it dragged you into the films similar to the first one. Best of all, Franco was killed off basically immediately and you didn't have to suffer through his one facial expression for more than a few minutes which was great because I was worried he was going to completely ruin that movie.

Anybody else like those two movies or am I alone on that?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Last movie venture I took was I went back and checked out the full Alien series because I was curious about the new ones and hadn't seen the old ones since I was a kid. It was interesting because I remember thinking that Alien was kind of lame and Aliens was pretty awesome, but never really cared much for the franchise or thought about it in a big way since then. After watching through them, good lord, Aliens is a giant piece of crap and James Cameron is the biggest hack filmmaker of his generation. Alien was great, interesting and unique and sucked you into the story. Aliens was every dumb cliché thrown at you in the book and was painful to watch. The third and fourth film were forgettable, nothing really of note there even though Fincher at least tried some shit in Alien 3 at least.

Then when it comes to Prometheus and Covenant, those movies get shat on pretty much across the board by everyone out there but I was completely into them and thought they were both head and shoulders above anything made since the first Alien movie. The stories were interesting, the acting was great, the pacing was a slow burn but it dragged you into the films similar to the first one. Best of all, Franco was killed off basically immediately and you didn't have to suffer through his one facial expression for more than a few minutes which was great because I was worried he was going to completely ruin that movie.

Anybody else like those two movies or am I alone on that?
I wanted to like them . Alas

I thought they were shit.

Not proper shit. But not what the alien fan I am wanted

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
I wanted to like them . Alas

I thought they were shit.

Not proper shit. But not what the alien fan I am wanted
I dig it. Seems to be the common view on them. Might be a case of myself just seeing those movies at the right time which led to me enjoying them more. What's your favourite Alien movie of the whole batch?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I dig it. Seems to be the common view on them. Might be a case of myself just seeing those movies at the right time which led to me enjoying them more. What's your favourite Alien movie of the whole batch?
Starship troopers

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Adam Sandler: 100% Fresh

Not a movie but Sandler's new Netflix special. He does a lot of parody songs mixed with some stand-up. It's not so much laugh out loud funny as it will put a smile on your face. There's a nice tribute to Farley at the end. 7.5/10 would watch again.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Adam Sandler: 100% Fresh

Not a movie but Sandler's new Netflix special. He does a lot of parody songs mixed with some stand-up. It's not so much laugh out loud funny as it will put a smile on your face. There's a nice tribute to Farley at the end. 7.5/10 would watch again.
He stopped making Netflix movies? You watched Jim Jeffries and Frankie Boyle?

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He stopped making Netflix movies? You watched Jim Jeffries and Frankie Boyle?
I think he's still going to make more movies for Netflix.

Not a fan of Jim Jefferies. Never watched anything by Frankie Boyle.