Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Ended up watching The Nice Guys. I always thought I wouldn't like it at all because I don't care for Ryan Gosling (that Breaker High cast off...) and I find Russell Crowe to be very hit and miss with his movies. God damn I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Both guys played their parts perfectly, lots of great supporting characters as well and the whole movie played out perfectly pretty much from start to finish. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klOzp_wWaoU

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ant Man and the Wasp
Michael Pena is an asset

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wind River 8

This is a tough one.
If you've lost a kid or kids, maybe skip it.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Beirut 8
Jon Hamm terrific acting, Rosamund Park is attractive

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Last movie venture I took was I went back and checked out the full Alien series because I was curious about the new ones and hadn't seen the old ones since I was a kid. It was interesting because I remember thinking that Alien was kind of lame and Aliens was pretty awesome, but never really cared much for the franchise or thought about it in a big way since then. After watching through them, good lord, Aliens is a giant piece of crap and James Cameron is the biggest hack filmmaker of his generation. Alien was great, interesting and unique and sucked you into the story. Aliens was every dumb cliché thrown at you in the book and was painful to watch. The third and fourth film were forgettable, nothing really of note there even though Fincher at least tried some shit in Alien 3 at least.

Then when it comes to Prometheus and Covenant, those movies get shat on pretty much across the board by everyone out there but I was completely into them and thought they were both head and shoulders above anything made since the first Alien movie. The stories were interesting, the acting was great, the pacing was a slow burn but it dragged you into the films similar to the first one. Best of all, Franco was killed off basically immediately and you didn't have to suffer through his one facial expression for more than a few minutes which was great because I was worried he was going to completely ruin that movie.

Anybody else like those two movies or am I alone on that?
I loved them both.
Prometheus is the first movie I bought on blu ray, just because of the cinematography.
I never read anything, so I see them for what they are, apart from preconceived expectations.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Watched this on TV when it came out.
Pretty much put the fear of God into me the rest of my life.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Thumbs up
Starts off with the longest single camera sequence I've ever seen. Impressive.

And Florence Pugh is delicious.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015

Thumbs up
Starts off with the longest single camera sequence I've ever seen. Impressive.

And Florence Pugh is delicious.
I remember watching Children of Men in theater while being quite high and freaking out at how incredibly long this scene ran as one take:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjFHqohaHYU

Especially considering the complexity of the scene it was mind-boggling to me at the time, considering all of the behind the scenes planning and execution to pull it off.

Another great one from earlier in the film that was incredibly well done:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zzVH72tHA

Children of Men was an awesome movie as well and I highly recommend to everyone.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I remember watching Children of Men in theater while being quite high and freaking out at how incredibly long this scene ran as one take:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjFHqohaHYU

Especially considering the complexity of the scene it was mind-boggling to me at the time, considering all of the behind the scenes planning and execution to pull it off.

Another great one from earlier in the film that was incredibly well done:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zzVH72tHA

Children of Men was an awesome movie as well and I highly recommend to everyone.
Great movie for sure.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody

I love Queen's music so I might be a little biased, but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
The guy who played Freddie (Rami Malek) was outstanding. Actually all of the actors portrayed their parts very well which isn't easy to do for such a well-known band. Great casting.

They glossed over a lot of Freddie's decadent lifestyle (it's a PG-13 movie), but they did a decent job portraying the struggles he had with his inner demons. They mention him having AIDS, but don't really dive too far into his struggle with the disease. It was only a 2 hour movie, so I'm glad they didn't have a bunch of scenes with him on his deathbed.

Freddie's vocals throughout the film were out of this world. They end the movie with their performance at Live Aid from 1985 - which I remember watching on TV. They did a great job capturing the magic of Queen's performance that night and Malek's portrayal of Mercury was absolutely perfect.

8/10

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
American President, 8. A chick flick I like.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Classic Coen bros., 7.5(netflix)

Titan 7.4, unique(netflix)

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
Ended up watching The Nice Guys. I always thought I wouldn't like it at all because I don't care for Ryan Gosling (that Breaker High cast off...) and I find Russell Crowe to be very hit and miss with his movies. God damn I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Both guys played their parts perfectly, lots of great supporting characters as well and the whole movie played out perfectly pretty much from start to finish. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klOzp_wWaoU

loved that film
lol at the kid on bike