Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Angry Birds 2 gets such great reviews I've decided to download the first movie and the sequel, will be back later to add my rating ;)
Angry Birds (2016)

I give it a very respectable 6/10 because it was funny, had enough adult humour to keep my attention, and it pulled on the emotional heart strings a few times without drawing it out too much. Not one of the greats as the bar has been set too high for that, but given how many of the reviews said it was good but nowhere near as good as the sequel I was pleasantly surprised to have enjoyed it.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
@conor mcgregor nut hugger
Hobbs & Shaw was hilarious. Did you see the three extra scenes? Please tell me you saw the last one.

Probably 10/10 in terms of leave your brain on the mantelpiece and enjoy two of the best action movie actors ever. And then Ryan Reynolds shows up when you weren't told before hand. What a great movie.

Please tll me it was you who watched it and I'm not making a tit of myself.

Oh. Also, Idris.
someone told me beforehand.

it was you :mad:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ad Astra

3/5

It was pretty. The story wasn't very impactful despite the epic attempt. Pitt is a great actor.
This is the type of movie critics love and audiences hate. And half those critics are just going with the crowd because its "deep and artsy". But its not. It really missed opportunities to create a deep and emotional movie on the level of Interstellar.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Ad Astra

3/5

It was pretty. The story wasn't very impactful despite the epic attempt. Pitt is a great actor.
This is the type of movie critics love and audiences hate. And half those critics are just going with the crowd because its "deep and artsy". But its not. It really missed opportunities to create a deep and emotional movie on the level of Interstellar.
Brad Pitt really is a great actor. I think he gets overlooked and is underrated a lot because he's so pretty.
I'll give Ad Astra another go at some point. It didn't draw me in but I was so damned tired at the time I would have fallen asleep watching anything.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Brad Pitt really is a great actor. I think he gets overlooked and is underrated a lot because he's so pretty.
I'll give Ad Astra another go at some point. It didn't draw me in but I was so damned tired at the time I would have fallen asleep watching anything.
Did he ever play a non pretty guy tho? Other good looking actors play roles where theyre not good looking. Gain weight or lose weight etc. But Brad is usually just in a hot guy role. Unless I'm wrong. Which I prolly am

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Did he ever play a non pretty guy tho? Other good looking actors play roles where theyre not good looking. Gain weight or lose weight etc. But Brad is usually just in a hot guy role. Unless I'm wrong. Which I prolly am
He looked pretty rough in Kallifornia. Which gets overlooked but I thought was awesome.

Difficult to think poorly about his acting chops because (imo) he's the best looking actor. He was even brilliant in Friends playing a previous fatty,lol. That was brilliant.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

12 monkeys and money ball (and the latter he's looking like Robert Redford) is about the only time that Pitt wasn't an on screen love interest or playing the cool guy that off screen women wanted.

That and that shitty Elvis movie he made early on that no one saw and I can't remember the name

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Lulz, just google imaged him in Kalifornia, it's been 20 odd years since I watched it and I thought back then he looked rough because he was done up to look like a grungy looking redneck. I guess my tastes have changed a bit since then, he looks fine to me now :D

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
When he did Snatch and Fight Club he was rated as one of the best male actors alive, even his 12 Monkeys cameo got a lot of praise. I wonder what changed in the subsequent years.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
When he did Snatch and Fight Club he was rated as one of the best male actors alive, even his 12 Monkeys cameo got a lot of praise. I wonder what changed in the subsequent years.
Was he? Not disputing it. I think he's ace. After Once Upon a Time in Hollywood I remembered why he used to be my favourite and he is again now. I love Ryan Reynolds because he's funny as fuck and had a bit of a stint blowing sunshine up McConaughey's ass when he lost all the weight for Dallas Buyer's Club and he was epic in True Detective.

Can't say enough about Tom Hardy.

I don't know. I can't see Brad ever being considered top tier like Day Lewis when I think he should be.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Was he? Not disputing it. I think he's ace. After Once Upon a Time in Hollywood I remembered why he used to be my favourite and he is again now. I love Ryan Reynolds because he's funny as fuck and had a bit of a stint blowing sunshine up McConaughey's ass when he lost all the weight for Dallas Buyer's Club and he was epic in True Detective.

I don't know. I can't see Brad ever being considered top tier like Day Lewis when I think he should be.

I can imagine DDL taking on any role Brad ever had and killing it. I can't imagine Brad taking any of DDLs roles and doing as well

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016

Well it's subjective of course but the only person I can think of that clearly overtook him is Di Caprio, and yeah I definitely remember heavy praise for Brad and it wasn't an overnight thing. Ocean's Eleven, Inglorious Basterds, Seven, Legends of the Fall, Troy, and Interview with a Vampire were all big films that he shone in amongst many others.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Brad has been in some great movies and is definitely a great actor, he just doesn't make Oscar bait movies.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Well it's subjective of course but the only person I can think of that clearly overtook him is Di Caprio, and yeah I definitely remember heavy praise for Brad and it wasn't an overnight thing. Ocean's Eleven, Inglorious Basterds, Seven, Legends of the Fall, Troy, and Interview with a Vampire were all big films that he shone in amongst many others.
He hasn't been nominated for an Oscar though. McCaugney (I'm done trying to spell that) had to drop his hunk image to win one, Tom Cruise had to look like he did in Tropic Thunder to be nominated for one.

I'm just wondering if you can't be considered a serious actor if you're Brat Pitt level hot.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
He hasn't been nominated for an Oscar though. McCaugney (I'm done trying to spell that) had to drop his hunk image to win one, Tom Cruise had to look like he did in Tropic Thunder to be nominated for one.

I'm just wondering if you can't be considered a serious actor if you aren't Brat Pitt level hot.
He did win some awards and was nominated for an Oscar for his roll in 12 Monkeys.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I can imagine DDL taking on any role Brad ever had and killing it. I can't imagine Brad taking any of DDLs roles and doing as well
I don't know any films he's been in besides Last of the Mohicans and I don't even recognise him looking at these photos, I bet I'm not the only one who knows his name but not what he looks like or what his best films are. I hear he's a great actor regularly though but personally I haven't even seen the Mohicans film lol, I read the book as a kid.

what films would you recommend I watch?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
LOL that was him in Gangs of New York? well fuck me sideways .. oh shit and There Will be Blood!!! I loved that film

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don't know any films he's been in besides Last of the Mohicans and I don't even recognise him looking at these photos, I bet I'm not the only one who knows his name but not what he looks like or what his best films are. I hear he's a great actor regularly though but personally I haven't even seen the Mohicans film lol, I read the book as a kid.

what films would you recommend I watch?
Haha, I've only seen him in Gangs of New York and I only went to see that because I'm a Scorsese nut.

I used him as an example because I know he's considered an icon.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Haha, I've only seen him in Gangs of New York and I only went to see that because I'm a Scorsese nut.

I used him as an example because I know he's considered an icon.
There Will be Blood is definitely worth a watch though it's a very long film, it's an unforgettable story unless you have Alzheimers.