Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Spiderman Far from home;,way better than I expected.

Generally I don't get up for a Spiderman movie.
Upon research I realized I've now seen only the 2nd installment of each version in the theatre.
This was by far the best of them all imo fwiw.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The Amazing Johnathan Documentary on Hulu.

5 of 5 Documentary Crews.

Wife and I laughed throughout, very well-done, considering...

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Dark Phoenix
The writer should be shot for casting a fantastic group with TERRIBLE dialogue & screenplay.
It's hard to rate.
At times it was 10/10, then 3/10.
6 I guess .
So much potential.
It was like they were trying to outdo X3 in potential-to-outcome rating.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Dark Phoenix
The writer should be shot for casting a fantastic group with TERRIBLE dialogue & screenplay.
It's hard to rate.
At times it was 10/10, then 3/10.
6 I guess .
So much potential.
It was like they were trying to outdo X3 in potential-to-outcome rating.
started to watch it, but Sophie Turner was not compelling at all.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Went to see 3 From Hell, the new Rob Zombie flick the other night. The sequel to house of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

7.5-10. I'm going to enjoy anything Firefly family related but it wasn't quite redneck enough considering where a lot of it was based. It needed to be in Rugsville again. I was pretty underwhelmed by the ending. I think Rob made it to appease the fans and as a result some of it seemed quite rushed.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Saving private Ryan

9/10

Beach scene, dialogue, story it's all there.

The cast did basic training to prepare for the film but they excluded Matt Damon from the exercise to create animosity towards him. It worked.

Great acting, great choreography and great action.

The beach scenes were unbelievable. They hammered home the mindset of an individual in wartime. From being courageous to being a coward.

Ie: the medic dying (Giovanni Ribicci) to the interpreter cowering in the stairwell while his pal got knives.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Saving private Ryan

9/10

Beach scene, dialogue, story it's all there.

The cast did basic training to prepare for the film but they excluded Matt Damon from the exercise to create animosity towards him. It worked.

Great acting, great choreography and great action.

The beach scenes were unbelievable. They hammered home the mindset of an individual in wartime. From being courageous to being a coward.

Ie: the medic dying (Giovanni Ribicci) to the interpreter cowering in the stairwell while his pal got knives.
Damon did his training, just seperate to the other guys, so there was no connection or bond, not to create animosity.

Thats fury you are thinking of.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Went to see 3 From Hell, the new Rob Zombie flick the other night. The sequel to house of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

7.5-10. I'm going to enjoy anything Firefly family related but it wasn't quite redneck enough considering where a lot of it was based. It needed to be in Rugsville again. I was pretty underwhelmed by the ending. I think Rob made it to appease the fans and as a result some of it seemed quite rushed.
Stoked to see this.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
childs play reboot

i was prepared for this movie to be crappy just on the grounds that it is a remake of a chucky movie. it was quite a bit crappier than i expected . chucky has been modernized and is interactive with the kids cell phone now .he is also brand new and mint condition . it was fucking dumb. dont even bother watching it

3/10 and i feel i am being generous

M

member 3289

Hobbes and Shaw

Good action film. Of course it was unbelievable but I was entertained all the way through.

7/10

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Are you arguing for the sake of arguing?
It clearly states Matt did no training, and animosity is synonymous with resentment.

For your sake, I hope you're just trolling.
Haha I am , of course , I am essentially arguing semantics, for what its worth I have worked with some of the stunts from Saving private Ryan.

Had heard that story on the set of another film, they trained Damon man, I know for a fact.

I don't give a fuck what Imdb says, he just didn't train with the rest so there would be no bond created and they essentially didn't know him, their characters were supposed to resent his, training them together would be counter productive.

He still trained.

"As nouns the difference between resentment and animosity
is that resentment is a feeling of anger or displeasure stemming from belief that one has been wronged by others or betrayed; indignation while animosity is violent hatred leading to active opposition; active enmity; energetic dislike"

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
From IMBD

For the sake of accuracy here's the company that did the training...

Saving Private Ryan - Thoughts

Incidentally, we intentionally did not include Matt Damon who plays the actual Pvt. Ryan in our field training, as we did not want the Rangers to bond with him. They resent him in the story and we wanted to preserve that feeling. Warriors Inc. Cadre did training for Damon and other paratroopers in his unit later in the production while shooting on other locations was taking place.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Finally got around to watching "The Big Short"

I was already familiar with the story, but that was a really well done movie.

8/10

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Haha I am , of course , I am essentially arguing semantics, for what its worth I have worked with some of the stunts from Saving private Ryan.

Had heard that story on the set of another film, they trained Damon man, I know for a fact.

I don't give a fuck what Imdb says, he just didn't train with the rest so there would be no bond created and they essentially didn't know him, their characters were supposed to resent his, training them together would be counter productive.

He still trained.

"As nouns the difference between resentment and animosity
is that resentment is a feeling of anger or displeasure stemming from belief that one has been wronged by others or betrayed; indignation while animosity is violent hatred leading to active opposition; active enmity; energetic dislike"
Yeah, well you know that's just like your opinion man!

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
The Happytime Murders.

Much funnier than I expected and worth a watch for pure funny escapism. 7.5/10

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Booked tickets to see the Breaking Bad movie, I'm pretty nerdily excited.

I've avoided watching the trailers but yeah, giddy excited.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

(A punk rock after hours about femininity, masculinity and the theft of $68,000)

Interesting movie starring the know it all from the Criminal Minds show and A couple Hottie Actresses..

Decent late night flick me and the wife enjoyed it.

A little gruesome.

But the story and action is good.

Recommend.

7.5/10