Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Did a double feature last night

Romancing the Stone
Michael Douglas, Kathlene Turner, Danny Devito

Solid 8/10
Kathlene Turner was still a female back then and was looking pretty good. Movie was a good mix of action/comedy and wasn't too heavy on the romantic bullshit. Trivia: Super hot chick in opening scene while they played out one of Joan Wilder's novels was Playmate Kymberly Herrin. She was also the hot as balls ghost that gave Akroyd a hummer in Ghostbusters and one of the girls in ZZ Top's video "Legs"

Jewel of the Nile
Michael Douglas, Kathlene Turner, Danny Devito

2/10
A giant steaming pile of shit. Douglas and Turner must have fucked in real life because they lost the chemistry from the first film. Plus they tossed in a bunch of goofy 80s shit like African tribal folks having weird, hip sunglasses and boomboxes. A preposterous plot that isn't worth going into, and a ridiculous scene with Douglas driving a jet fighter around an African town and blowing shit up like "Space Invaders". Easily one of the worst fucking movies I've ever almost made it all the way through. Only bonus: There is a dance scene where the African tribe women are all topless. A couple of them had nice racks and I'm pretty sure it's the earliest version of twerking I've ever seen on film.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This was a great movie ruined by it's terrible ending. The studio must've went over the writers/directors head. The ending was a giant pile of shit.

Should've been a 9/10 but ending made it a 6.5/10
MV5BNTQ1NmZlNDktZTg0NS00ZjNhLTk5M2QtNzExNjUzY2MwMjliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_UY1200_CR...jpg

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
WW84: 7/10

Exceptional performances that were somewhat wasted under the incoherent story. Carve 20 minutes out of this movie and you've got a real winner.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's a Wonderful Life

8/10
Great movie
Has fuck-all to do with Christmas. How this got labeled as a Christmas movie is beyond me.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Was a good movie but doesn't hold a candle to inside out or wall-e.
It's more of a movie for 30-59 year olds rather than children imo.
I haven’t seen Wall-E. I’ve seen Inside Out in about 100 bits and pieces when my daughter turns it on maybe it’s because I haven’t sat down and watched it all in one go, but I find the plot convoluted and I’m not really straight on the logic of the plot.

I agree that the larger message of Soul is suited to older audiences. My daughter liked the cat parts though.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I haven’t seen Wall-E. I’ve seen Inside Out in about 100 bits and pieces when my daughter turns it on maybe it’s because I haven’t sat down and watched it all in one go, but I find the plot convoluted and I’m not really straight on the logic of the plot.

I agree that the larger message of Soul is suited to older audiences. My daughter liked the cat parts though.
Similar premises. Where soul tackles purpose/fulfillment, inside out tackles feelings.

Everything is on disney+ when our young one goes down for a nap it's quiet time for the other, and we usually throw on a movie. Inside out and wall-e were on heavy rotation for awhile. Both are excellent. Now we've moved onto the cars and ice age series, which aren't as good imo.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

7/10

I watched this classic with my 9year old son. It’s his first R movie and we both has some great father son bonding moments inspired through violence, adult language and tits. Next up with be some JCVS flix.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Similar premises. Where soul tackles purpose/fulfillment, inside out tackles feelings.

Everything is on disney+ when our young one goes down for a nap it's quiet time for the other, and we usually throw on a movie. Inside out and wall-e were on heavy rotation for awhile. Both are excellent. Now we've moved onto the cars and ice age series, which aren't as good imo.
Have you seen the tv show “Bluey”? It’s the best kids show I’ve ever seen. It’s on Disney plus.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have you seen the tv show “Bluey”? It’s the best kids show I’ve ever seen. It’s on Disney plus.
I'll have to check it out before I lose disney+
Cancelled it because it really doesn't offer enough, especially with the price increasing. Have a week or so left then I'm switching to prime video with stacktv

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I'll have to check it out before I lose disney+
Cancelled it because it really doesn't offer enough, especially with the price increasing. Have a week or so left then I'm switching to prime video with stacktv
It’s an Aussie show. It’s huge over there, bigger than The Wiggles. I found torrents of it a couple years ago, but Disney picked it up. It’s truly great.

I need to figure out my set up too. I’m just Netflix and torrents. I might pick your brain.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It’s an Aussie show. It’s huge over there, bigger than The Wiggles. I found torrents of it a couple years ago, but Disney picked it up. It’s truly great.

I need to figure out my set up too. I’m just Netflix and torrents. I might pick your brain.
I'm dropping disney plus and telus. Haven't decided if we're gonna keep netflix or not.
Amazon prime is $7-$8 a month and an extra $13 a month for stacked tv, which is a much better package than a basic $30 per month package through telus

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
End of Days 7/10

One of Arnies most underrated films.
Good supernatural thriller. Robin Tunney is a dime.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
8/10

Come Play

Plot: "Parents fight to save their autistic son when a mysterious creature uses his electronic devices to break into our world."

Best creature horror thiller i've seen in awhile. Great filmography and acting as well as engaging plot.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzA4M2Y1MWQ0LTAwNjItNDU4OS1iMDJmLTFiYjhmMjJlODkzMS5qcGc=.jpg