Cinema Rate the last movie you saw

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
Timothy Olyphant from Santa Clarita Diet. Surprised they cancelled the series.
duuúúúude! Of course I know who he is. I have seen everything he has been in. He is in my top 5 celebrity free pass on no.1 position in case I meet him. I am so in love with him that my bf is even cheering for me to run into him one day. Fingers crossed. Santa clarita diet was absolutely hilarious and amazing show. Netflix cancels every good show just to spite their subscribers it seems

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
The Darjeeling Limited
5/10.
Charming but lacking in plot.

I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan but this is my least favorite of his films I've seen.5a3aa84f83c75d7bf710a48a21bc310a.jpg

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I think I saw 20 mins of this film then lost interest.
It starts slow...and stays that way unfortunately. I watched the whole thing and it actually gets even slower and less interesting.
Great visuals and good acting but just lacking that something special that most Wes Anderson movies have.
Looks like it was probably a blast to film though.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Eric Trump disciplined me. So for what its worth, I rate this movie hilarious.

It's got a decent, surprisingly deep underlying plot too.

This movie exceeded my low expectations by a long shot

Screenshot_20210201-213032_HBO Max.png

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Watched this on HBO MAX after seeing a thread about it at the other place and it was really good...

In Mexico City, the government operates fewer than 45 emergency ambulances for a population of 9 million. This has spawned an underground industry of for-profit ambulances often run by people with little or no training or certification. An exception in this ethically fraught, cutthroat industry, the Ochoa family struggles to keep their financial needs from jeopardizing the people in their care. When a crackdown by corrupt police pushes the family into greater hardship, they face increasing moral dilemmas even as they continue providing essential emergency medical services.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5I9N1OzTc

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Watched this on HBO MAX after seeing a thread about it at the other place and it was really good...

In Mexico City, the government operates fewer than 45 emergency ambulances for a population of 9 million. This has spawned an underground industry of for-profit ambulances often run by people with little or no training or certification. An exception in this ethically fraught, cutthroat industry, the Ochoa family struggles to keep their financial needs from jeopardizing the people in their care. When a crackdown by corrupt police pushes the family into greater hardship, they face increasing moral dilemmas even as they continue providing essential emergency medical services.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5I9N1OzTc
Don't be a fucking Berk

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Watched this over the weekend it was pretty wild...

K @kaladin stormblessed isn't this in your neck of the woods?

Welcome To Action Park:
The World’s Most Dangerous Amusement Park

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9TACAdTiCc

“Action Park”

If you grew up near New Jersey, the chances are pretty good that the mere sight of those words floods your brain with feelings of dread, doom, and possibly the memories of at least a few scars—if not the time of your life.
Here's the gist: During its 1980s and 1990s heyday, New Jersey’s Action Park earned a reputation as the most insane — and possibly the most dangerous — amusement park that ever existed.

It was known as a lawless land, ruled by drunk teenage employees and frequented by even drunker teenage guests. The rides were experimental and illogical, and seemed to ignore even the most basic notions of physics or common sense—not to mention safety.
Let’s put it this way: There was an enclosed tube waterslide that went in a complete loop—and that wasn’t even close to the most dangerous ride at the park.

Lying somewhere between Lord of the Flies and a Saw movie, Action Park is remembered as a place so insane and treacherous that, decades later, anybody who ever stepped foot in it is left wondering whether their memories could possibly be true. It became a nearly perfect breeding ground for urban legends and myths.

And then there was the park’s founder: A genius madman who was willing to break any rule to bring his vision to life, including the creation of a fake insurance company in the Cayman Islands to circumvent insurance regulations. As cunning as he was criminal, Action Park became the pure expression of his particular worldview, which valued self-responsibility above all else—including basic safety measures and physically practical rides.

But despite—or perhaps because—of its safety record and notoriety, Action Park is remembered fondly by a generation who cut their teeth (and their skin) on the park’s treacherous attractions. To many, the scars left by the park are viewed as badges of honor. Surviving a day at Action Park was far from a sure thing—but if you did it, you left feeling like a changed person.

Class Action Park is the first-ever feature-length documentary to explore the legend, legacy, and truth behind a place that long ago entered the realm of myth. Shirking the trappings of nostalgia, the film uses investigative journalism, newly unearthed and never-before-seen documents and recordings, original animations, and interviews with the people who lived it to reveal the shocking true story for the first time.
Welcome to Action Park: A place the likes of which, we will almost certainly never see again.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Watched this over the weekend it was pretty wild...

K @kaladin stormblessed isn't this in your neck of the woods?

Welcome To Action Park:
The World’s Most Dangerous Amusement Park

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9TACAdTiCc

“Action Park”
If you grew up near New Jersey, the chances are pretty good that the mere sight of those words floods your brain with feelings of dread, doom, and possibly the memories of at least a few scars—if not the time of your life.
Here's the gist: During its 1980s and 1990s heyday, New Jersey’s Action Park earned a reputation as the most insane — and possibly the most dangerous — amusement park that ever existed.

It was known as a lawless land, ruled by drunk teenage employees and frequented by even drunker teenage guests. The rides were experimental and illogical, and seemed to ignore even the most basic notions of physics or common sense—not to mention safety.
Let’s put it this way: There was an enclosed tube waterslide that went in a complete loop—and that wasn’t even close to the most dangerous ride at the park.

Lying somewhere between Lord of the Flies and a Saw movie, Action Park is remembered as a place so insane and treacherous that, decades later, anybody who ever stepped foot in it is left wondering whether their memories could possibly be true. It became a nearly perfect breeding ground for urban legends and myths.

And then there was the park’s founder: A genius madman who was willing to break any rule to bring his vision to life, including the creation of a fake insurance company in the Cayman Islands to circumvent insurance regulations. As cunning as he was criminal, Action Park became the pure expression of his particular worldview, which valued self-responsibility above all else—including basic safety measures and physically practical rides.

But despite—or perhaps because—of its safety record and notoriety, Action Park is remembered fondly by a generation who cut their teeth (and their skin) on the park’s treacherous attractions. To many, the scars left by the park are viewed as badges of honor. Surviving a day at Action Park was far from a sure thing—but if you did it, you left feeling like a changed person.

Class Action Park is the first-ever feature-length documentary to explore the legend, legacy, and truth behind a place that long ago entered the realm of myth. Shirking the trappings of nostalgia, the film uses investigative journalism, newly unearthed and never-before-seen documents and recordings, original animations, and interviews with the people who lived it to reveal the shocking true story for the first time.
Welcome to Action Park: A place the likes of which, we will almost certainly never see again.
Yeh that my little home mountain. Broke my collarbone there january 6th, but its healing fast so im axtually finallly going back there wednesday

Back in the day, my cousin, sister, and i worked there in the summers (i also worked the winters to get a free snowboarding sesosn pass)

Do u find the documentary hilarious? I fuckin loved it, but im not sure if thats just because all the shit brings up memories

The day it came out, i had planned on making a youtube video cause ive got some inside stories that they didnt share.

But i hit up joe hessian on IG (hes the dude at the end who bought it), but he didnt respond. So ive held off on making my video since i dont want to blow up his spot (he was my direct manager as a kid)

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Yeh that my little home mountain. Broke my collarbone there january 6th, but its healing fast so im axtually finallly going back there wednesday

Back in the day, my cousin, sister, and i worked there in the summers (i also worked the winters to get a free snowboarding sesosn pass)

Do u find the documentary hilarious? I fuckin loved it, but im not sure if thats just because all the shit brings up memories

The day it came out, i had planned on making a youtube video cause ive got some inside stories that they didnt share.

But i hit up joe hessian on IG (hes the dude at the end who bought it), but he didnt respond. So ive held off on making my video since i dont want to blow up his spot (he was my direct manager as a kid)
Wow you worked there? It's awesome knowing we have someone here who experienced that first hand lol. Was it pretty accurate? I do find it pretty funny and wish I could've tried some of things there but not all of course. I like thanks firing tennis balls at eachtother and that bumper boats like thing they had going on. I couldn't imagine the amount of unforgivable things I'd do there as a teen working summers lol...

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Wow you worked there? It's awesome knowing we have someone here who experienced that first hand lol. Was it pretty accurate? I do find it pretty funny and wish I could've tried some of things there but not all of course. I like thanks firing tennis balls at eachtother and that bumper boats like thing they had going on. I couldn't imagine the amount of unforgivable things I'd do there as a teen working summers lol...
Yeah spot on ... but leaving stuff out

The best part of the documebtsru is thst they gave a shoutout to the after hours parties. Thats where real madness happened. We would drink and smoke and then do rides in ways youre not supoosed to do them

They mentioned a couple things in the doc, or mentioned that briefly. But i guess they wanted to hold back

Heres an example. People would hold objects for extra weight, and then bunji. Let go of the weigjt at the bottom and with the goal of trying to fly all the way back up to the platform lol

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah spot on ... but leaving stuff out

The best part of the documebtsru is thst they gave a shoutout to the after hours parties. Thats where real madness happened. We would drink and smoke and then do rides in ways youre not supoosed to do them

They mentioned a couple things in the doc, or mentioned that briefly. But i guess they wanted to hold back

Heres an example. People would hold objects for extra weight, and then bunji. Let go of the weigjt at the bottom and with the goal of trying to fly all the way back up to the platform lol
Thanks for sharing this bruddah.Those parties sound legendary lol. I had heard about this on the OG/UG but totally forgot about it and for some reason I remembered it out of the blue and saw it was on HBO Max so it worked out...

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Thuglife13 @Thuglife13 - bisping does a podcast with comedian luis j. Gomes

Luis just recently moved over the hudson from the city to jersey and skied for the fist time at north east US's best option: killington, vermont

Now he went to "mountain creek" (my home mountain. Formerly Vernon valley great gorge / action park) and he ran into a northwest jersey cat (think jim miller types)

Timestamped at 9:01 for 1 minute
(And his metro ass called it a "pocket knife." But im sure hes referring to a gravity knife, like any reasonable man or woman has handy)

View: https://youtu.be/JPGcLAraHBA?t=9m

T

The Big Guy

M

member 3289