Raw/SD Post Invasion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Can anyone explain how Braun is the one thing they book properly in the whole promotion?

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
It's crazy to see how quickly Braun has improved since he debuted 2 years ago. The guy has only been doing this for 4 years but he is in the Brock mould of being a natural entertainer who just so happens to be huge and athletic.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
It's crazy to see how quickly Braun has improved since he debuted 2 years ago. The guy has only been doing this for 4 years but he is in the Brock mould of being a natural entertainer who just so happens to be huge and athletic.
His Stone Cold Podcast interview is a complete recommend. Talks about how during his body building days he was already a crowd pleaser.

Braun is the old school monster that flips everything. He is a smark's dream.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I remember a year and a half or so ago when we'd all make fun of his terrible work. Then Big Show was on the Stone Cold podcast and said "He's going to be great. He picks up things faster than almost anyone I've ever seen." I remember thinking to myself "If anyone would know, it's big show. he's been around for a long ass time now." Sure enough.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah man. He comes off as a regular dude. He's a legit strong man. He's big. And remember that Standing Dropkick he did? He's great. He should've beat Brock for the belt at SS and have Brock take it back at the Rumble.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
Yeah man. He comes off as a regular dude. He's a legit strong man. He's big. And remember that Standing Dropkick he did? He's great. He should've beat Brock for the belt at SS and have Brock take it back at the Rumble.
He was amazingly over at Summerslam. He is just over. Went from bigger baby Bray with a shitty submission to BRAAAAAUUUUUNNN!!!!

One of the greatest success stories

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
He was amazingly over at Summerslam. He is just over. Went from bigger baby Bray with a shitty submission to BRAAAAAUUUUUNNN!!!!

One of the greatest success stories
They should really put the Wyatt's back together.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
They should really put the Wyatt's back together.
I liked the idea one y'all said earlier about having Raw revive factions for there siege. Balor and Club go off and attack a section. Shield attack another section. But ya kick it off with Bray on the titantron with a classic Wyatt " We're here."

Ahhh that'd make me throw something in excitement

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I liked the idea one y'all said earlier about having Raw revive factions for there siege. Balor and Club go off and attack a section. Shield attack another section. But ya kick it off with Bray on the titantron with a classic Wyatt " We're here."

Ahhh that'd make me throw something in excitement
I'd love the Wyatt thing to happen, although I would argue at this point that Braun has surpassed Bray so maybe wouldn't work out on screen as well as it might have if Wyatt was booked better than he has been. Although I could see one particular scene of Wyatt showing up on Smackdown, and running into The Super Hammer Bros. and using mind-bullshittery to get them to stand aside.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
I'd love the Wyatt thing to happen, although I would argue at this point that Braun has surpassed Bray so maybe wouldn't work out on screen as well as it might have if Wyatt was booked better than he has been. Although I could see one particular scene of Wyatt showing up on Smackdown, and running into The Super Hammer Bros. and using mind-bullshittery to get them to stand aside.
Would love that. Just give Bray something nice. Even if its making Rowano and Harperi move aside with cult stuff, thats something. Maybe even Sister Abigaling someone into a fence again. Anything at this point.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Would love that. Just give Bray something nice. Even if its making Rowano and Harperi move aside with cult stuff, thats something. Maybe even Sister Abigaling someone into a fence again. Anything at this point.
Could have Bray just been seen wandering the corridors backstage at the end of a segment and people wondering whats happening. Have intervals throughout the night just showing superstars laid out and Bray walking away from the scene. Don't show his face in any of the scenes, and have it be shown at some stage it's Sister Abigail-Possessed Bray doing it to advance that part of his character and show it as a destructive force. Would really give people the idea that Bray is a dangerous character once again with his new development while the rest of Raw's invasion is going on.

I do have a feeling though that they won't have anything invasion related from Raw until the final Smackdown before the event and they'll have them standing tall come the end of the night.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Realistically, Bray is better suited to be a full time stable leader part time wrestler. Kind of like Kevin Sullivan and the Dungeon of Doom. Except this would be infinitely.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Realistically, Bray is better suited to be a full time stable leader part time wrestler. Kind of like Kevin Sullivan and the Dungeon of Doom. Except this would be infinitely.
The stuttery booking of him definitely hurts his credibility as an in-ring performer, particularly in the big feuds where they dropped the ball with him.

Just had a look and he has a 30.02% Win Rate of all his WWE matches (not including NXT). For a guy who they want to bill as a upper midcarder, that is terrible. His PPV win % is 53.85 at least so they might be able to bring it back around if they wanna have him as a full-time in ring competitor if they give him some more TV wins.

Could have him rotate members rather than have full time guys. Bo Dallas would be the first guy who he would take. Could give him a feud with Miz potentially if they wanna make him either a Face or an Inbetweener if they do go that route, but a lot of mid card talent who aren't doing much that could benefit from it.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
Agreed. Thats how he originally started out, and worked great. He'd have his rocking chair, and his cult would do the work. Then he'd step in as the final boss. Very effective stuff.

Hate how he slowly went into this Papa Shango level of goofiness, because he was the closest thing we were going to get to another Undertaker. Terrifying, calculated, manipulative cult leader who slowly spout out lore about his character. Great, thumbs up.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Agreed. Thats how he originally started out, and worked great. He'd have his rocking chair, and his cult would do the work. Then he'd step in as the final boss. Very effective stuff.

Hate how he slowly went into this Papa Shango level of goofiness, because he was the closest thing we were going to get to another Undertaker. Terrifying, calculated, manipulative cult leader who slowly spout out lore about his character. Great, thumbs up.
Pre-Mania 31 Wyatt is one of my all time favorite gimmicks. I'll never forgive taker for not putting him over.

On a Wyatt family related note. I feel like Elias could slide on there too.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Man I'm just gonna say it.

Fuck Bray Wyatt.

Guy hasn't done shit. He does a creepy crab thing and has homo walkout music with lights in the crowd. That's it.