RDA vs. Usman slated for TUF 28 Finale main event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

An intriguing welterweight pairing is reportedly headed to Las Vegas, Nevada.

According to Combate, former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos is set to square off against one of the division’s top contenders, Kamaru Usman, at the The Ultimate Fighter 28 Finale main event.

However, Ali Abdelaziz, Usman’s manager and former manager of Rafael dos Anjos, went on Twitter to say he wasn’t aware of the matchup. He replied to the original report written by Combate’s Raphael Marinho.

This is news to me my man

— Ali Abdelaziz (@AliAbdelaziz00) September 12, 2018

Ever since he moved up to welterweight back in June 2017, Rafael dos Anjos (28-10) quickly racked up three…

Report: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kamaru Usman slated for TUF 28 Finale main event

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This match up doesn't make much sense to me for Usman. Think he should either fight Covington, or wait for the winner of Woodley/Covington, but who knows, maybe he wrestlefucks RDA to a decision & it won't matter.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
This match up doesn't make much sense to me for Usman. Think he should either fight Covington, or wait for the winner of Woodley/Covington, but who knows, maybe he wrestlefucks RDA to a decision & it won't matter.
If you read what you posted, you'd see that Usman's team agrees. Classic UFC tactics.

And I also disagree. Usman's signature win is over a 40-year-old Demian Maia after Maia had just been beaten by the two guys fighting for the belt. RDA lost a close fight to Covington so he deserves to remain in the mix.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I think it makes equally no sense for RDA...at least from a stylistic standpoint. Dos Anjos has nothing to offer wrestlers with a strong top game.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I didnt watch this fight but would I correct in guessing that colby won by lay and pray?
more like poorman's version of pressure, lay, pray, and backed up by American greatness is how he beat the filthy Brazilian animal, RDA

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I didnt watch this fight but would I correct in guessing that colby won by lay and pray?
Not really.
More like wall 'n stall.
Couldn't get RDA down at all, RDA marginally outstruck him, but he kept walking RDA to the fence and holding him there.
Split decision win and a fake belt for that.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Not really.
More like wall 'n stall.
Couldn't get RDA down at all, RDA marginally outstruck him, but he kept walking RDA to the fence and holding him there.
Split decision win and a fake belt for that.
It was so frustrating to watch RDA just back into the cage over and over. I feel like he could have won that fight fairly handily had he not continuously put himself in the one position that Colby was winning. Obviously easier said than done but it seemed like he was intentionally going that way as much as Colby was actually making him do that.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I think it makes equally no sense for RDA...at least from a stylistic standpoint. Dos Anjos has nothing to offer wrestlers with a strong top game.
He offered Colby plenty. And, shocking as it may seem, Colby Covington and Kamaru Usman are actually different people. Colby took a lot of punishment, particularly to the body, and kept moving forward. We don't know if Usman can do the same.