Re: Liberal Butthurt

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
FRAT and fair warning, I'm gonna go full on rainbow all over you guys. So prepare the ass-blasting rainbows, gents!

Its wonderful that people were invested in this election. We had two very different candidates who represented two very different things. A very loud, and angry population went out and voted, ending with Donald Trump as the winner.

Now, there are many things worthy of discussion: the media's bias, how wrong polls were, how this is the first first-lady whose tits you can google and fap to, etc

But...I find it really unpalatable how we're doing this "look at the poor losers cry" thing. I mean, its just divisive and not helpful.

Sure the left-wing media deserves to be criticized, but to do this thing where we go "Look at these crying losers and look how awesome our team is"...it only furthers the divide between political ideologies. That only makes them view you as an enemy. A bully. A negative person who makes fun of people. What kind of country are we if we believe half of our neighbors and friends are enemies?

These are the times when we need to come together, talk, and understand one another - see where they're coming from, understand their situation, find common ground. Liberals need to really make an effort to understand why 60 million people voted for Trump (hint: they're not all racists), and conservatives need to look past overused platitudes and see what 60 million people saw in Hilary.

Yes, the anti-trump sentiment is strong, and there will be a percentage of that group that are dramatic and crazy, but that shouldn't be what we focus on. We should be focusing on how to bridge the gap between our ideologies, finding ways to unit people. Not pointing and laughing at the losing team.

And this isn't a right-wing thing, there was lots of laughing at conservatives in '08. Actively contributing to the political divide is a problem on both sides.

We all love martial arts and many of us, myself included, have even trained in various disciplines, and one of the biggest things, as we all know, is to respect your opponent. Rejoice in victory but respect the defeated. And I would like to think that if there was a group capable of this kind of respect, it would be us.

But, maybe I'm just a lone wolf on this one.
TL;DR - stop being dicks and be more like vaginas: warm and accepting.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Since when are vaginas accepting. they are always yelling things at me like "stop it. I said no. ur disgusting"

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
This election brought out the worst in almost everyone. What a wild ride. I cannot even attempt to comment intellectually and without bias because I feel as though it goes against my programming. But to think that half of the country feels as strongly, yet opposite, is mind blowing.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
So, did all those people that said they were moving, move yet??

I hope they follow through with their promises. How many % has actually moved to another country after Trump was elected???

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

I hope they follow through with their promises. How many % has actually moved to another country after Trump was elected???
I bet Rev Al gets his taxes paid before January.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
FRAT and fair warning, I'm gonna go full on rainbow all over you guys. So prepare the ass-blasting rainbows, gents!

Its wonderful that people were invested in this election. We had two very different candidates who represented two very different things. A very loud, and angry population went out and voted, ending with Donald Trump as the winner.

Now, there are many things worthy of discussion: the media's bias, how wrong polls were, how this is the first first-lady whose tits you can google and fap to, etc

But...I find it really unpalatable how we're doing this "look at the poor losers cry" thing. I mean, its just divisive and not helpful.

Sure the left-wing media deserves to be criticized, but to do this thing where we go "Look at these crying losers and look how awesome our team is"...it only furthers the divide between political ideologies. That only makes them view you as an enemy. A bully. A negative person who makes fun of people. What kind of country are we if we believe half of our neighbors and friends are enemies?

These are the times when we need to come together, talk, and understand one another - see where they're coming from, understand their situation, find common ground. Liberals need to really make an effort to understand why 60 million people voted for Trump (hint: they're not all racists), and conservatives need to look past overused platitudes and see what 60 million people saw in Hilary.

Yes, the anti-trump sentiment is strong, and there will be a percentage of that group that are dramatic and crazy, but that shouldn't be what we focus on. We should be focusing on how to bridge the gap between our ideologies, finding ways to unit people. Not pointing and laughing at the losing team.

And this isn't a right-wing thing, there was lots of laughing at conservatives in '08. Actively contributing to the political divide is a problem on both sides.

We all love martial arts and many of us, myself included, have even trained in various disciplines, and one of the biggest things, as we all know, is to respect your opponent. Rejoice in victory but respect the defeated. And I would like to think that if there was a group capable of this kind of respect, it would be us.

I prefer Conan's philosophy

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
and conservatives need to look past overused platitudes
I can appreciate your position. But Cornell students having an actual cry-in, drinking starbucks, just sobbing at a scheduled time, etc...while violent protestors didn't even vote is hilarious.

These aren't platitudes when they actually show up. It's funny in these cases because reality is better than fiction.

With that said, it's hardly most of my liberal friends and I agree with the premise of this thread. Like a good mma ppv....we should spend a day reveling in the butthurt. Come now, who doesn't LOVE butthurt?!?!

Then get back to the good natured portion of the back and forth with friends. Itd be a shame to burn relationships and good people just because you know Nate is gonna be Conor 9 out of 10 times ;)

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Bill burr had something funny to say about these celebrities and their threats. It was something like how could you think you're so important that making a threat like leaving the country would make someone who was going to vote for trump suddenly decide to vote for hillary.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm sick in bed. All I have to do is TMMAC and watch the butthurt on social media.
The protesters and cryers are unreal.
I'm just happy our ammendments are staying put and we aren't warring with Russia.
Other than that, the only thing affecting any of us is....not much, other than irrationality.

I'm not basking in it, because America still can't really think.
But I can't help but let it boggle me.
No one will shut up long enough to listen anyway.
They're seasonal voters.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

It is very difficult to remain silent and not laugh and post ridiculous stories/columns when the liberal media is is in full attack mode. They day to day get more and more hilarious in their attacks. Example: They are now bashing trump for saying his will not accept the salary (he said he believes he needs to accept payment, so he will take the bare minimum of $1 a year), claiming that is against the constitution, and demanding he take the $400k per year. A blogger said if he ends up being forced to accept the $400k, their news story in a few months will be about trump's failed promise. Sad, but I completely agree.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It is very difficult to remain silent and not laugh and post ridiculous stories/columns when the liberal media is is in full attack mode. They day to day get more and more hilarious in their attacks. Example: They are now bashing trump for saying his will not accept the salary (he said he believes he needs to accept payment, so he will take the bare minimum of $1 a year), claiming that is against the constitution, and demanding he take the $400k per year. A blogger said if he ends up being forced to accept the $400k, their news story in a few months will be about trump's failed promise. Sad, but I completely agree.
Pretty sure the great liberal hero JFK didnt take a salary. Or he took one and then donoted it. Probably wrote it off on his taxes as well.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The problem with America is that it's not really a country. It's more like 4 countries, at least, within one border.

The south is one, the north east is another, the entire west coast is a third and the upper middle part is the last. Even then, it can be broken down further and Canada can be included. For example, the west coast, as a country within a country, goes beyond Washington and includes BC. The last of the 4 includes Alberta and Saskatchewan and parts of Manitoba. The New England part of the north east can include much of the maritime provinces. Texas is kind of a country unto itself

I honestly don't believe the US will continue to exist, physically, in the same way it does now, in 20 years. I can't predict the future, I could be wrong. But I just don't see you all having the ability to live with one another for much longer. Doesn't even make any fucking sense anyway. You are so different, why force it?

Wouldn't you all be much happier not alternating between each half of the country trying to impose its world view on the other? I mean, you've reached the point of violent riots because of it.

I don't think the right would have done this had they lost. They didn't with Obama. But I don't think there's any doubt the hatred is escalating.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
I can appreciate your position. But Cornell students having an actual cry-in, drinking starbucks, just sobbing at a scheduled time, etc...while violent protestors didn't even vote is hilarious.

These aren't platitudes when they actually show up. It's funny in these cases because reality is better than fiction.

With that said, it's hardly most of my liberal friends and I agree with the premise of this thread. Like a good mma ppv....we should spend a day reveling in the butthurt. Come now, who doesn't LOVE butthurt?!?!

Then get back to the good natured portion of the back and forth with friends. Itd be a shame to burn relationships and good people just because you know Nate is gonna be Conor 9 out of 10 times ;)
See, this can be us.

Just hanging out while the crazies kick the shit out of each other

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I didn't vote for presidents but I'm glad Trump won.
What really grinds my gear is when people ask me who I voted for and my response is "no one".
Then, they freak out start preaching about how everything is my fault, how dumb I am, I should have voted for the lesser evil, it's because of people like me that Trump is the president!! Bla bla..
It's crazy how people automatically thinks that EVERYONE thinks Clinton as the lesser evil.
I tell them that I did all of them a favor by not voting.
And u still lost!! Waaahhh~! Idiots!!