recieving separate alert for every rating

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Why do I receive alerts for some ratings but then not others?

For example, a funny rating from one user shows up in my alerts and then when looking at the post, multiple other users have rated the post but no alert was sent?

What determines if you will get an alert on a rating or not?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why do I receive alerts for some ratings but then not others?

For example, a funny rating from one user shows up in my alerts and then when looking at the post, multiple other users have rated the post but no alert was sent?

What determines if you will get an alert on a rating or not?

The opposite of what this thread is about.

I can either make you get an alert for every single rating. You don't want that. That's what this thread is about.

Or I can make you get an alert the first time for a post if you get a rating since the last time you looked at that post.

Somebody rates you funny you'll get an alert.

You could look at that thread. It clears the alert.... Basically marks that alert read.

After that somebody writes you funny and another Guy rates you winner. You'll get a notification for the funny.

When you look you'll see two Funnies (the old and new one) and a winner.

If you look immediately after every single rating that you get you'll get a new alert for every single rating.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
The opposite of what this thread is about.

I can either make you get an alert for every single rating. You don't want that. That's what this thread is about.

Or I can make you get an alert the first time for a post if you get a rating since the last time you looked at that post.

Somebody rates you funny you'll get an alert.

You could look at that thread. It clears the alert.... Basically marks that alert read.

After that somebody writes you funny and another Guy rates you winner. You'll get a notification for the funny.

When you look you'll see two Funnies (the old and new one) and a winner.

If you look immediately after every single rating that you get you'll get a new alert for every single rating.
Gotcha.

Thanks Splinty