Recovery advice sought

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Okay I lift around a 4 day split plus a BB/prehab day (optional )

Weekends are my only rest days but I also have sole custody of the kids then. Im finding it hard to recover or get any rest in. Example last weekend we did a 6.4km medium grade hike together then Sunday I was playing with them outside most of the day.

Besides contrast showers and the odd massage when I can justify paying for it what else can I do to expedite the recovery process?

Is protein powder really going to help? I work from home and my kitchen is meters away from my office.

Thanks

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
I lift 6 days a week, swim laps 3, run 3.

Contrast showers, the odd massage etc.. are in my routine, but I also use my foam roller when I wake up and just before sleep. I also go to the website Doyogawithme.com and browse through the shorter length programs to find something to stretch me out at least 3 days a week. When I'm in on the road at shows I switch over to DDP Yoga every day on top of running. It has some good recovery type programs.

I'm also a big believer in Theanine as a supplement. Not necessarily for recovery, but I believe it would help you get through those days where you feel sluggish because of a lack of sleep or good recovery time.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I lift 6 days a week, swim laps 3, run 3.

Contrast showers, the odd massage etc.. are in my routine, but I also use my foam roller when I wake up and just before sleep. I also go to the website Doyogawithme.com and browse through the shorter length programs to find something to stretch me out at least 3 days a week. When I'm in on the road at shows I switch over to DDP Yoga every day on top of running. It has some good recovery type programs.

I'm also a big believer in Theanine as a supplement. Not necessarily for recovery, but I believe it would help you get through those days where you feel sluggish because of a lack of sleep or good recovery time.
Cheers brother ill start working those in

diet butcher @diet butcher already doing this but thanks

T @Tuc Ouiner ill look into it. Thanks

That hike really fucked me up. Couldn't hit full depth squatting at 60% 1RM last night.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Birch sap(or water) is sucked out of the ground in the spring for a very short time frame, but it has been tapped in many Scandinavian, Eastern European, Oriental countries for centuries and is believed to have recuperative/ replenishing qualities. Most people in these regions believe that allergy relief is another benefit. I do. Tapping is done pretty much like a maple. The stuff is full of anti-oxidants, minerals and all sorts of goodness. Taste is a slight sweetness pure water filtered from the tree. Some botanists liken it to a northern tree water version of the coconut water. I believe that the only commercially available product to compare to a home made quality is made in Finland. Most have additives and sugar crap. Either way it's prohibitively expensive.