Red Dead Redemption? Anyone else love this game?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Title s pretty self explanatory if ya ask me. What an amazing game. Playing it is literally like transporting to the time period.

I stopped playing video games around age 13... 12 years ago! I literally skipped out on over a decade of games, and for me, I thought the Gamecube, OG Xbox and PS2 had great graphics and games.

Last year I broke my ankle and got a PS3 during recovery time to keep me sane. Since then, I've played a few games all the way through that I REALLY love. RDR is just mind blowing!

When I first started this and GTA 5.. My jaw dropped. The last open world/GTA style game I'd played was Vice City. I had ever even played San Andreas until last year! So, if anyone knows how big of a difference there is between Vice City and let's say, GTA 5... You can imagine how hard I was destroyed.

ANYWAY, rant aside. I could not believe this game once I got about 2 hours of play time in. It was a bit slow at first and I had just gotten done playing GTA 5 (the first game I played after my longggg break).. and since GTA 5 is so action packed, I actually put RDR on the shelf for a while.

Once I picked it back up, just wow! I can not stop playing this game! I feel like this is a real life that some guy actually lives haha. The difference between this, and let's say, Super Mario 64.. in terms of how much exploration you can do and how crazy it all is. I just cant believe how far games have come. You can do missions, catch fugitives (you have to kill their entire gang and then bring the main guy back dead or alive for a large bounty).. Hunt.. Ride horses. Do old west style duels. SO MANY THINGS! The missions are so intricate and well thought out, the games like a movie that you control

You're an outlaw in 1908 (I think, give or take a few years).. A bad ass, rogue cowboy motherfucker. The entire game is "open world", meaning you don't just go from 1 level to the next. You are in the middle of a gigantic, extremely realistic world that portrays life in the turn of the century when the last of the American outlaws were heading west to lawless land.

Lol, I just wrote that myself and it sounds like a commercial. Anyway.. to those unfamiliar with this game. Check out this short trailer that'll give you an idea of what it's like. For some reason, even though the vid is HD, it's a little blurry. The game is crystal clear, as seen in the screen shots below..which are identical to the game itself.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD24MkbHQrc

All of those scenes are not edited to look better fr the video. that's exactly what the graphics actually look like. Mind boggling. You can easily waste hours on this game, living life like an old cowboy haha.

WATCH IT! PLAY IT! WHATEVA!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Below, I'm gonna post some screenshots of the game. EVERY SINGLE THING you see in these pictures - the mountains in the distance, the towns super far away. You can go everywhere.

In every town, there's a million things going on. Random events. You might see a store getting robbed, where you can chase the thief, take him down and return him to th shop keeper and cops for a reward.

You might be in the wild and get attacked by a pack of wolves, lol.

You meet strange characters who need your help. Like one lady can't find her lost (kidnapped) son. She gives you info and throughout the game you can go all thru the map to find clues. Eventually you find that a cannibal mountain hillbilly kidnapped and killed him, and he then tries to kill you. Insane. Or you might find someone looking to get certain animals or flowers from places. IDK haha.

Some guy might be drunk and harassing you, challenging you to an old west duel.

It's literally like a real world. You're in a bunch of fictional US Western/Southern states (like Texas) and later you go to Mexico.. and if you were to try to get from one side of the map to the other, in either country.. It would take yo FOREVER. It's not like this is tiny, lol. There's like 20 towns/settlements, and miles and miles of wild, mountain, cites, etc in between. Each town is totally different and has completely different things happening with different people. I just can't believe games have gotten THIS real. And this game is like 4 years old too! I can't imagine what the next GTA or the next RDR is gonna be like on PS4. Probably even more mind blowing.

The shooting is AWESOME. I just can't even explain this. There are only like 5-6 games I've played for PS3 since I got t. I'm still not a big gamer at all. I'll play for a couple weeks and take long breaks. Usually 2 months off after spending some time playing for a few weeks or w/e. But seriously, you get so many guns, just.. endless possibilities. I know this all sounds nerdy, but wow. What a fun fucking game this is. I never thought I'd love some cowboy type stuff.. I haven't thought of that since was a kid.. and yet this game has piqued my interest in this time period and I'm now reading a few books on it because of how fascinating I now find this point in history.

K, here's the screen shots. Hope you guys took the time to read my babble lol. Promise this game is WELL worth checking out if you have never played it!

See all that? That's just 1 small area. Every little detail yo see there can be traveled to, even the mountains in the distance.

Same with these:

Killin' bandits:

Gun fight in a ghost town

You might be traveling and all of a sudden one of these fuckers sneak up on you. Usually you're almost always armed with a gun. This is obviously a screenshot from when Aleks Emelianenko was playing and tried to recreate his real life escapades

Maybe a cougar will decide to fuck your day up. If you can kill him or any animal, you can skin them and take their meat back to a shop for money. Rare animals like bears and certain wolves give you big cash for bullets and important shit.

Taking cover (an important part of the game in gun fights) to shoot at a wagon of el banditos

An old, manly as fuck duel that you can engage in a bunch of times throughout the game. You win by drawing your pistol and firing faster than thee other guy in a controlled mini game that lasts like 20 seconds. It's fucking nuts. Again, like a real life old west person.

So, in summary. CHECK THIS SHIT OUT! Have you played it before? What do ya think? Leave a comment and let's try to get some more traffic going in the geek area!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just as a quick comparison

If you've played GTA.. think of this as being almost exactly the same, in terms of gameplay, controls, and the "open world" thing. It's made by Rockstar (GTA company) and uses the same engine.

But it's also nothing like GTA. There are no cars, just horses. Totally different yet very similar. It's similar in the sense they operate the same, but the game itself is completely different. Controls are near identical so for a noob like me that was great due to familiarity.

Think of GTA being in the old west.. but being much more serious and dramatic, with a story/cut scenes that mimic an old western drama of an outlaw who is a bad motherfucker.

This shit rules.

anddd one last thing. The score to the game is AMAZING! Beautiful, eerie acoustic guitars.. quiet drums.. The music always fits the scenes and missions perfectly. Can't even explain it, but man the music just makes it completely perfect.

There's also a side game I haven't tried yet that is a completely different game in itself. You're on the same map, but the story is that a zombie plague has infected the world and you have to kill them or whatever. Haha. Crazy shit.. I just DLed it for free the other day and dunno if I'll try it or not, still really digging the regular story mode.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Love it, I got the game of the year edition. Simple touches like getting drunk just put this game over the top brilliant.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the most fun games i have ever played. I totally want more!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the end when he gets taken out is fucking epic! Man i want to play that shit again now lol.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jesus....I havent played video games in like 10 years. Amazing how far the graphics have some.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Dude, IWEI.. what's crazy is that this game is like 5 years old and for the last generation console.

I will not be able to get PS4 til years later (I have no desire to spend big bucks on games.. and the best part about being behind a console? All these awesome games are FREE). BUT when I do, it's gonna be great. Mind blowing how great PS4 looks. Makes this look amateur!

One day lol

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of the most fun games i have ever played. I totally want more!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the end when he gets taken out is fucking epic! Man i want to play that shit again now lol.
You and Red Dragon know what's up! This game is so unique. Like I sad playing t and roaming through the west.. You really feel like you are in that time period. This game really grabs you. One of the greatest games I've ever played in my life. Can't even put into words how cool it is.

Like I said.. 12 years without playing games, thinking that Halo 2 had the greatest graphics I'd seen lol. Then THIS happened! Can't take my eyes off it. Like I said, glad I got into t late cuz EVERYTHING IS SO CHEAP! These games were all like 60-70 when they came out. I'll list the games I own and how much pad for them. I actually got the PS3 for free from my cousin. Gave t to m cuz he'd upgraded to PS4, and he wanted to help me out during the ankle injury deal. So I didn't have to pay for that, GTA 5, and a few other games he hooked me up with. Great guy. I told him whenever he wants t back it's his. But he;s a tech geek and always gets stuck on new shit and moves past the old quite often.

Here's what I have. And BTW, ANY suggestions are MUCH appreciated! I know jack shit about PS3 and its games. The ones I have I really dig. But have no idea what else s otu there that's on the level of fun these are. Please throw recommendations my way if ya can;
. Sorry for typos. had to go back and fix like 50. Keyboards fucked. Anyway

RDR - $12 used
Godfather Don's Edition - $10 used
GTA 5 - free from cousin
GTA 4 with both expansion packs - $15 used
LA Noire $8 used
Fight Night round 3 - $2 used!
Fght Night Champion - $12 used
UFC 2009 - ONE DOLLAR used!
UFC 2010 - $5 used
UFC 3 (with amazing PRDE mode) - $15 used
EA Sports MMA (wit fuckng FEDOR!) - $10 used
Uncharted - $3 used

That's all I got. oh, and Modern Warfare, the first one (COD 2). Never played it much tho. Anyway as you can see. I slowly bought those games over the last year and a half. And every single one was under $20, with a lot being under 5! If I got them all when they came out we're takng hundreds of dollars here. Easy! $50 a pop each if not mor. So lucky to be able to get these amazing high level games for so fuckign cheap. Mass production! People upgrade and trade all their shit in en masse.. and I get to collect the scraps. Lol

Let me know what games I may enjoy based off of the above.. I'm looking for any epc open world type game. Especially something with an ancient Egyptian or ancient Greek setting.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
FUCKING. TYPOS! I corrected at least 20 and I stll mssed some. I am legt not gonna try nyomre lol. So, hope you guys can decipher whatever shit my keyboard decides to puke out when its keys are stuck and it shows up in the wrong order despite me typing it the right way

RAGE INDUCNG! This fucknig "I" key is gong to get a beatng

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
You and Red Dragon know what's up! This game is so unique. Like I sad playing t and roaming through the west.. You really feel like you are in that time period. This game really grabs you. One of the greatest games I've ever played in my life. Can't even put into words how cool it is.

Like I said.. 12 years without playing games, thinking that Halo 2 had the greatest graphics I'd seen lol. Then THIS happened! Can't take my eyes off it. Like I said, glad I got into t late cuz EVERYTHING IS SO CHEAP! These games were all like 60-70 when they came out. I'll list the games I own and how much pad for them. I actually got the PS3 for free from my cousin. Gave t to m cuz he'd upgraded to PS4, and he wanted to help me out during the ankle injury deal. So I didn't have to pay for that, GTA 5, and a few other games he hooked me up with. Great guy. I told him whenever he wants t back it's his. But he;s a tech geek and always gets stuck on new shit and moves past the old quite often.

Here's what I have. And BTW, ANY suggestions are MUCH appreciated! I know jack shit about PS3 and its games. The ones I have I really dig. But have no idea what else s otu there that's on the level of fun these are. Please throw recommendations my way if ya can;
. Sorry for typos. had to go back and fix like 50. Keyboards fucked. Anyway

RDR - $12 used
Godfather Don's Edition - $10 used
GTA 5 - free from cousin
GTA 4 with both expansion packs - $15 used
LA Noire $8 used
Fight Night round 3 - $2 used!
Fght Night Champion - $12 used
UFC 2009 - ONE DOLLAR used!
UFC 2010 - $5 used
UFC 3 (with amazing PRDE mode) - $15 used
EA Sports MMA (wit fuckng FEDOR!) - $10 used
Uncharted - $3 used

That's all I got. oh, and Modern Warfare, the first one (COD 2). Never played it much tho. Anyway as you can see. I slowly bought those games over the last year and a half. And every single one was under $20, with a lot being under 5! If I got them all when they came out we're takng hundreds of dollars here. Easy! $50 a pop each if not mor. So lucky to be able to get these amazing high level games for so fuckign cheap. Mass production! People upgrade and trade all their shit in en masse.. and I get to collect the scraps. Lol

Let me know what games I may enjoy based off of the above.. I'm looking for any epc open world type game. Especially something with an ancient Egyptian or ancient Greek setting.
The batman games are sick uncharted is one of the best games I have ever played. Gears of war is sick! But only for xbox. Assassins creeds were amazing as well.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dude, IWEI.. what's crazy is that this game is like 5 years old and for the last generation console.

I will not be able to get PS4 til years later (I have no desire to spend big bucks on games.. and the best part about being behind a console? All these awesome games are FREE). BUT when I do, it's gonna be great. Mind blowing how great PS4 looks. Makes this look amateur!

One day lol
That's from 5 years ago????????????

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I played this a bit wit my son. He finished it and traded it to a friend. I almost forgot how much I loved that game. I would lmao at my kid when he'd go full bandit in the middle of town just killing everything he could. I never got to the border or whatever IIRC.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I've heard of Bully. Isnt that Rockstar as well? Where you play as kids?

Huge fan of them. I bought LA Noire but tried it and it seemed very slow paced. Dunno why. I should probably give it a 2nd shot the way I did with RDR.. cuz I put RDR down for a few months and LOVED IT when I started again later.

Any other Rockstar games out there you'd recommend?

The Tomahawk Murderer

Feb 12, 2015
One of my favorite games ever. It actually kind of ruined gaming for me for a bit. I'm a fan of Western movies as well as gaming and the subject matter was perfect for me, and the game near perfect as well. For a while it felt like everything else I played was just downhill from there. Made everything else seem lame for a while, and there are a few games I think I would have enjoyed quite a bit if I had not played RDR first.

Sleazy_Martinez

Jizzlobber
May 6, 2015
If anyone was to try and tell me that video games can't be art I'd present them with RDR. I'd fuckin' hog tie them and make them watch me play it through.

Sleazy_Martinez

Jizzlobber
May 6, 2015
The director of The Road and The Proposition, John Hillcoat, brings you an entirely digital Western short film. It uses Rockstar's rich open world in Red Dead Redemption to tell the story of John Marston's struggle in the new American Frontier.

View: http://youtu.be/cZUUVV2rjoc

Mar 3, 2015
I've heard of Bully. Isnt that Rockstar as well? Where you play as kids?

Huge fan of them. I bought LA Noire but tried it and it seemed very slow paced. Dunno why. I should probably give it a 2nd shot the way I did with RDR.. cuz I put RDR down for a few months and LOVED IT when I started again later.

Any other Rockstar games out there you'd recommend?
don't give up on LA Noire, it's a great game

Pappy Knuckles

Pick Em 7 & 8 Champion
May 6, 2015
Everyone I knows swears by RDR, but I gave up on it pretty early in the game. I wasn't really feeling the controls. I remember they had me running around shooting chickens or something and I was like fuck this haha.

Oct 24, 2015
Game just got a bump to 4k on xbox 1. Looks great. Good times had trying to get a 5000 dollar bounty on myself. My girls are having a blast. Tied up a woman and left her on train tracks.