General RED OCTOBER: The Hunt is ON!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well, there's all the data mining and reselling. That seems problematic to me. There's the whole illegal harvesting of data, that also strikes me as a bit of an issue.
There are always going to be bad actors, they are not the majority. An example I can give is we found out our marketing department was doing some questionable things with peoples data. Our entire department stood up and explained why this was bad, why it was unethical, and explained how this undermines the trust our customers have in us.....The fuckery stopped immediately.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
There are always going to be bad actors, they are not the majority. An example I can give is we found out our marketing department was doing some questionable things with peoples data. Our entire department stood up and explained why this was bad, why it was unethical, and explained how this undermines the trust our customers have in us.....The fuckery stopped immediately.
And how does that hold up when we put that example against Facebook, Google or Amazon? Because they're most of what tech is.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
And how does that hold up when we put that example against Facebook, Google or Amazon? Because they're most of what tech is.
lol just because they are large companies doesn't mean that's how all people in tech are. Thats like saying all mechanics are pieces of shit....we know they aren't and that most are ethical.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Are ethical questions part of courses if you study in the field in the US?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
lol just because they are large companies doesn't mean that's how all people in tech are. Thats like saying all mechanics are pieces of shit....we know they aren't and that most are ethical.
Not really. It's more like saying "90% of tech that's used is unethical."

Also, mechanics very much earned that reputation in the early days of automotive history. The concept didn't just get pulled out of thin air.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not really. It's more like saying "90% of tech that's used is unethical."

Also, mechanics very much earned that reputation in the early days of automotive history. The concept didn't just get pulled out of thin air.
Of course, but it doesn't mean all mechanics are pieces of shit.
Saying it's 90% of tech that's not ethical is ridiculous.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Of course, but it doesn't mean all mechanics are pieces of shit.
Saying it's 90% of tech that's not ethical is ridiculous.
It did. It meant a complete shift in how labor is charged in the field.

The effective rate is probably higher than 90%, but I'm just talking shit on a forum.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Q !!Hs1Jq13jV6 ID: 0a3163 No.11130733 ?
Oct 18 2020 00:12:32 (EST) NEW
How do you inform your target(s) ['business partners'] what you have?
Why would H. Biden have such material on his laptop?
How was the content *originally* received?
Email?
Why would H. Biden risk turning over such material to a computer repair shop? [contents unrestricted?]
On purpose [years of being treated poorly by 'Pop'] or simple negligence?
If such information existed on laptop why wouldn't contents be claimed?
Several attempts made to contact to claim?
Messages left?
Why wouldn't H. Biden want to reclaim *knowing* the contents on the drive could bury *Pops* & family.
A troubled life?
A troubled family?
Looks can be deceiving.
Q

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
So we had the T party. That gave the world that Alaskan woman.

Failed massively. The Republicans were so fucked it begat.

Trump.

He also failed massively and will go down in history as the worst president ever.

He has begat

Qanon.

The levels of ignorance and stupidity show no sign of even coming close to bottoming out.

What will be their answer?

I genuinely think they may go for Donald Trump junior. They have nothing left after the utter destruction in November.

But to be fair. There were emails.

MAGA!

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
He also failed massively and will go down in history as the worst president ever.
I do not think Big Orange is a good president, but he isn't the worst. He's not even in the conversation with Wilson and Jackson.

What will be their answer?

I genuinely think they may go for Donald Trump junior.
He's more moderate than he portrays himself to be. Might not be a bad move if they're trying to go back toward the center.