VID Reebok deal is not all cash. Part of the $ figures include product.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
"It'll die down" - Dana

"It always does, especially when they get paid and get to wear the swag" - interviewer

No you fucking idiot, it won't die down when they get paid and get to wear the swag. What they're getting paid and having to wear the swag, is exactly why they're complaining.

When is someone...just one person, with a voice in the media, going to grow some nads and call the UFC on this bullshit??

Last edited:

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"It'll die down" - Dana

"It always does, especially when they get paid and get to wear the swag" - interviewer

No you fucking idiot, it won't die down when they get paid and get to wear the swag. What they're getting paid and having to wear the swag, is exactly why they're complaining.

When it someone...just one person, with a voice in the media, going to grow some nads and call the UFC on this bullshit??

Because one you ask the tough questions you get rejected for more interviews i'm sure.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Because one you ask the tough questions you get rejected for more interviews i'm sure.
Like the fighters campaigning for a Fighters Association, someone in the media is going to have to fall on their shield for the greater good of the whole.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Wait a minute, I listened, but (again, naive as fuc-), doe this mean they will draw down on the total "achievable" amount of money? So, you can get £20k for a fight but we"ll deduct (an amount we consider "cost") for any clothing that you are forced to wear, therefore not really £20k? Please confirm.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wait a minute, I listened, but (again, naive as fuc-), doe this mean they will draw down on the total "achievable" amount of money? So, you can get £20k for a fight but we"ll deduct (an amount we consider "cost") for any clothing that you are forced to wear, therefore not really £20k? Please confirm.
No. The fighters will get paid exactly what the tiers are. $2500 1-5 fights, $5000 6-10 fights, etc, etc. What Dana is saying is, they will also get all of this tremendous swag from Reebok that they can wear (apparel). And the UFC will also have the fighters sign their gloves, shorts, shirts after they fights, that signed apparel will be sold, and the fighters will get a % of the revenue. And fighters will also get a % revenue from Reebok apparel sold in stores with their individual names on it. Keep in mind that this will only benefit about 10% of the fighters on the roster (name guys/gals)...nobody is going to be buying Chris Dempsey Reebok apparel.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Do fighters ever get a cut of that Harley Davidson / Monster Energy / Bud Light etc sponsorship money that you see on the commercials and canvas or is that all UFC?

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Keep in mind that this will only benefit about 10% of the fighters on the roster (name guys/gals)...nobody is going to be buying Chris Dempsey Reebok apparel.
this is what i thought as soon as i read it months ago. also, if i want a cub swanson shirt, i'm buying this

not a generic reebok shirt

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
that's unfortunate. That could be some more money they could get if it was added to the tier system.
Agree. The UFC wants to compare themselves to the NFL, MLB, Hockey, etc. Well, those leagues have Fighters Unions and an agreement in place where the players get 40-50% of all revenue (which includes sponsorship money). If the UFC wants to mimic those leagues, then it's time to pay up.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nike's deal with the NFL is valued at over 1.1 billion dollars whereas the Reebok deal with the UFC is a measly $70 million. It doesn't work and the more details we get, the worse it sounds. I really hope Bellator starts pulling talent.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
No. The fighters will get paid exactly what the tiers are. $2500 1-5 fights, $5000 6-10 fights, etc, etc. What Dana is saying is, they will also get all of this tremendous swag from Reebok that they can wear (apparel). And the UFC will also have the fighters sign their gloves, shorts, shirts after they fights, that signed apparel will be sold, and the fighters will get a % of the revenue. And fighters will also get a % revenue from Reebok apparel sold in stores with their individual names on it. Keep in mind that this will only benefit about 10% of the fighters on the roster (name guys/gals)...nobody is going to be buying Chris Dempsey Reebok apparel.
It is also a question of what shirts will shops even hold. If you're outside the top 15, probably the top 5 even, or not a big name, don't expect your shirt in many shops at all.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here you go $2.500 in cash, and i got a bag full of product for you here.
FIGHTER: that product better be some kilos of the finest and purest columbian coke to make up for the loss i make in sponsors.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Here you go $2.500 in cash, and i got a bag full of product for you here.
FIGHTER: that product better be some kilos of the finest and purest columbian coke to make up for the loss i make in sponsors.
I hear Jon Jones asked for it all in product.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well I mean if they are getting free reeboks then all is right in the world.