Reebok Partners with Canadian UFC Welterweight Rory MacDonald

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

TORONTO, ON – Continuing to empower fitness enthusiasts around the world through its tough fitness approach, Reebok announces today its partnership with Canadian UFC® Welterweight Rory MacDonald, days before he challenges current UFC Welterweight champion Robbie Lawler during UFC 189 on July 11, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The announcement builds upon Reebok’s groundbreaking partnership with UFC, the world’s leading mixed martial arts (MMA) organization, and adds a second Canadian fighter to the brand’s impressive roster of UFC athletes, which includes UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey, UFC Women’s Strawweight Champion Joanna Jędrzejczyk,UFC Featherweight Conor McGregor, UFC Lightweight Anthony Pettis, UFC Welterweight Johny Hendricks, UFC Women’s Strawweight Paige VanZant, UFC Featherweight Yair Rodriguez and fellow Canadian UFC Lightweight Olivier Aubin-Mercier.

MacDonald, a native of Quesnel, British-Columbia who fights out of Tristar Gym in Montreal, carries an 18-2-0 professional MMA record and will have a chance to bring the UFC Welterweight Championship belt back to Canada at UFC 189. “Rory wants to become a UFC Champion and the Reebok brand will be there to support him in achieving his goals,” said Stewart Clark, Director of Marketing for Reebok Canada. “Reebok’s vision is to empower people to push their limits to become better versions of themselves and this also applies to our partnership with Rory. We are excited to have him part of the team and look forward to his success in and out of the Octagon.”

A versatile fighter and solid defender, MacDonald is thrilled to join the Reebok team. “I am honoured to partner with Reebok, a brand that believes in working hard to get to the top and who can support me in my journey in the UFC,” said MacDonald during UFC’s International Fight Week in Vegas. “I only surround myself with the best: teammates, coaches and sparring partners, to become the very best fighter possible. And now Reebok completes the mix.”

LINK: MMA Announcement: Reebok Partners with Canadian UFC Welterweight Rory MacDonald

Last edited by a moderator:

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ok so here's what puzzles me, if the UFC makes it mandatory all fighters wear reebok gear and receive reebok sponsorship money, isn't all fighters partnered with reebok?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
good for rory. im sure he needs some dough to replace what he loses from being sponsored by hayabusa

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Ok so here's what puzzles me, if the UFC makes it mandatory all fighters wear reebok gear and receive reebok sponsorship money, isn't all fighters partnered with reebok?
i was thinking the same thing as well.

how is this a headline when reebok is mandatory.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
i was thinking the same thing as well.

how is this a headline when reebok is mandatory.
They get to wear the special Reebok stuff, that they didn't misspell

I'm expecting a picture of a shirt saying "Ping Pong" to come out for one of Chinese fighters with 8 x's and Z's in his name of 10 letters.